Anyone's monthly cycle gone to pot?

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
My periods have been regular for the past couple of years, if anything my cycle has shortened slightly. Anyway I am now 6 days late, most definitely not pregnant by the way.

It's probably down to having been on the plan for almost 5 weeks.

Diet can sometimes change your cycle BUT usually makes it more regular. Has anything else changed, contraception, living arrangements etc. My cycle changed to match my flat mates when I moved in with her. It's amazing the sort of things that can change our cycles.

I just wondered if my body has gone into some sort of shock. There have been no changes in my circumstances, contraception or anything else.

I've had exactly the opposite, when I got to a 3 stone loss, my periods returned after only having a dozen or so in the previous 8 years. It helped my PCOS symptoms, which is great, not sure about the dreaded return of the monthly visits though!

Oh my goodness!! Exactly the same is happening to me at the moment and I only started doing SW 4 weeks ago!! I was a bit panicking, too and couldn't find anything online that said that a diet change can affect your cycle (unless you are dramatically over or underweight or on an extreme diet..)

Not sure what the problem is??

I'm the opposite. I've been 5 days early last month and now a week this month. My friend, a science teacher, has started hot flushes again. She explained to me that female hormones get stored in the fat tissue, so when it's breaking down, they get released back into your system, poss causing the cycle to go a bit off. Hope that helps!!!

I've found my cycle has been slightly longer too since I started Slimming World back in October (used to be 29 days now 33), then again my cycle seems to change abit every few years, so it might be just a coincidence in my case.

Bring it on. I've had a 22 day cycle for 3 years and I'd do anything to make it just a bit longer.

Bring it on for me to i haven't had a period for well over a year hoping that as my weight goes they will come back and my symptoms for pcos will lessen and hopefully that long awaited pregnancy will come!

I'm the opposite. I've been 5 days early last month and now a week this month. My friend, a science teacher, has started hot flushes again. She explained to me that female hormones get stored in the fat tissue, so when it's breaking down, they get released back into your system, poss causing the cycle to go a bit off. Hope that helps!!!

Thanks! That's so useful to know. I'm post menopausal, never had much in the way of hot flashes and over the last couple of months I haven't known what has hit me with getting overheated. So this too will pass .....

I am regular and this first one was on date but longer I am normally 4 days but this lasted 8 days. I know its something to do with this as my bowels were affected too. I had a very painful period and stomach ache. I am not worried by it, diet change has to have an impact on all sorts of functions?

Hope we all sort out x

Bowels is to do with all the fruit and Veg that we eat my ibs gets increasingly hard to keep under control when dieting. My doc said to me when we are dieting our bodies do take time to adjust which is why our functions go a bit dodgy but should post themselves out after a few Weeks or months.

I've been getting the cramps that I usually get a couple of days before for 10 days now-not funny! Glad it's not just me though. The science bit was interesting, thanks Curvesncurls.

Guess what has finally arrived? For once I am glad to see it!

Back