Apologies... Possibly TMI (I did look for a related post first)

I really am sorry to be posting something so gross with my 3rd post... Slightly mortified :sigh:

I'm on day 4 and last night I felt like I needed the loo... I tried (And failed) and there has been nothing now for two days or today... Is this normal? Its not uncomfortable however I am aware that at some point it has to evacuate...

(I'm off to hide now)

TIA

FMcS

Hiya, yes it's perfectly normal, drink plenty of ice water and/or black coffee as they both help. I also added a tablespoon of wheatbran in with my oatbran and this worked for me (i had the same problem when i started i went 5 days!!) protein makes your liver work harder so you wee more but as all the protein is usually used up you wont need to 'go' as often but boy will you pee for england!

edited to add wheatbran is tolerated though so try not to rely on it (although i always have it with my oatbran and use them to make muffins)

I really am sorry to be posting something so gross with my 3rd post... Slightly mortified :sigh:

I'm on day 4 and last night I felt like I needed the loo... I tried (And failed) and there has been nothing now for two days or today... Is this normal? Its not uncomfortable however I am aware that at some point it has to evacuate...

(I'm off to hide now)

TIA

FMcS

Oh my your post made me chuckle, but then I am wierd! 'I'm off to hide now'!
Yes try all Jezz said and if all fails go for a glycerol suppository, the first bit is not nice but hey it works. The longest I went was almost 2 weeks after C-section for my boy. I had backache and all. A friend told me about the glycerol suppositories. The relief afterwards, I kissed the box! No I did not!
I did warn you I am wierd! :D

Yes try all Jezz said and if all fails go for a glycerol suppository, the first bit is not nice but hey it works. The longest I went was almost 2 weeks after C-section for my boy. I had backache and all. A friend told me about the glycerol suppositories. The relief afterwards, I kissed the box! No I did not!

The bit about kissing the box actually made me snort! I may see if day 5 brings relief if not I think the Glycerol will be purchased tomorrow :) Thank you... I'm probably in the weird boat too, usually comically weird so I like it :)

and also Thank you Jezz.. Glad to know I'm normal

Well as normal as anyone talking to complete strangers about their bowel movements... or rather the lack of can be :)

i swear by them ,the best thing in the world

Lots of poo talk on this a site, don't be embarrassed. I've never heard of those glycine things before but will Defoe be trying them x :-D

Last edited:
Sid, brilliant littlings they are. £1 for 16 in Asda. ;)

There on my list now. Thanks x

Agree with Grumpy Wino - go for a run works every time!!! Oh the things we talk about!!! LOLOLO!

I think different things work for different people. Exercise does nothing for me so do sugar free sweets, I could eat the whole of cardbury world and just get fat!
I once nearly drank a whole bottle of prune juice and nothing happened. All i got were wrinkles from skewing my face due to its taste! :)

Its normal for us all in different ways eh? I go at least two days between each visit. Sugar free mints help me, the extra ones from the chewing gum people. I don't get tummy bloat with them, but they do help the loo visits.

Def drinks lots of fluids as this well def help. I keep a 500ml sports bottle in the fridge and before each meal glug down about a quarter of it. That way I have at least had a third of my days intake. Though with other drinks in the day I usually reach about 2ltrs a day.

Its normal for us all in different ways eh? I go at least two days between each visit. Sugar free mints help me, the extra ones from the chewing gum people. I don't get tummy bloat with them, but they do help the loo visits.

Def drinks lots of fluids as this well def help. I keep a 500ml sports bottle in the fridge and before each meal glug down about a quarter of it. That way I have at least had a third of my days intake. Though with other drinks in the day I usually reach about 2ltrs a day.

Thanks for this, i drink 4ltrs a day of water and a couple of cups of coffee or sometimes a pepsi max so it's not the liquid intake :/ I only started last saturday so I'm still trying to figure out what is/is not allowed but will grab some mints and see what happens...

Thanks again :)

The sugar free sweets certainly helped me get things moving, but I wouldn't say it was a pleasant experience .... :eek:

P x

Back