Appreciation society

Some good looking lads there. :)

i had a dream bout you last night Jim. you told me my motorbike was rubbish! (what motorbike? cant ride one)

I did? LOL, PMSL.

and then i couldnt get home so i had to stay in your garden!

LOL where in the garden, what a strange dream, I can never remember mine.

on a patio bit at the bottom right hand corner.

Dear me, how do you remember all this? Colleen seems to remember her dreams as well.

LOL! and i have very very strange dreams Jim!
Love the profile piccie :)

i'll join in :)
steve is my true soul mate. we met over the internet, via the chatroom of the 4x4 club we both belong. we soon became firm friends, both on and offline.
when we finally got together a year later, everyone else in the club said 'we thought you two would never realise!'
we had a long distance relationship for a year, then redundancy for steve brought us more together as came to live me, and we have never looked back.
i was 4 stone lighter when we met, and never once has he made comment on my appearance, i feel loved and appreciated. i feel completely secure and never ever have to put on a face, i can just be me. we have a lovely life together.

and very nice boy pics there!

awwww :) what wonderful men you have. now where can i find myself one? (actually a part time one maybe a vet or something?)

Some lovely stories there, my missus loves me whatever shape/size I am (she says) - I was big when we met, she was quite slim, times have changed a little and we have swapped over, but she is not as big as I was. Our trouble is we egg each other on to eat bad things, that has been the hardest thing for me to learn to say no. I do all the cooking at home - would get her on atkins but she would not survive without her carbs unfortunately.

(Vicky - is your b/f still on the back burner so to speak?)

I woke up this morning thinking OMG what have I done by starting this but now I'm glad I did.
We met online too Marty on a social network (no not Facebook lol) I was seeing someone else and telling Trev how I felt he was messing me around and he said ditch him and come out with me :D That will be 4 years ago in April.
Vicky your dreams never fail to amuse me, glad there's others around as strange as me!
And loving the new pic Jim!!

I met Colleen after I'd left University and joined the para regt. I always thought what a pretty girl she was but felt she was to young for me. She's 7/8 years younger depending on who's had a birthday. I was 25 and she was seventeen, Somehow we got together, despite me trying not too, and the rest is history really. We married Once she decided she wasn't happy at University and me being away in German. Our 37th Anniversary is the end of this month.

It would seem that way, yes. I'm happy and we've both been happy. We've been lucky I guess.

Great thread! I will have to appreciate my dear hubby who has agreed to come on the atkins journey with me even though he doesn't have so much weight to lose. We met at uni and together ever since so really have spent our entire adult lives together. He is stay at home dad and does all the chores and lets me go out to work to bring home the bacon- we both think we have a better deal :)

So here's a cheers to all the partners, friends and everyone else who keep us sane and happy!

my mummy :) she is wonderful and although she B8ggered off to spain and leaves me all the time (yes childline have been called) she is wonderful :)

Last edited:
Back