Appreciation society

I met Colleen after I'd left University and joined the para regt. I always thought what a pretty girl she was but felt she was to young for me. She's 7/8 years younger depending on who's had a birthday. I was 25 and she was seventeen, Somehow we got together, despite me trying not too, and the rest is history really. We married Once she decided she wasn't happy at University and me being away in German. Our 37th Anniversary is the end of this month.

Lovely story Jim - bet you are looking forward to your Ruby Wedding - only 3 years to go.................Party Party!!!

Me and the missus met on the telephone! She had put a message on something called Date a Mate (I think that is what it was called anyway) - I rang the line and listened to a load of weirdos.......and then there was Loretta. She sounded vaguely normal lol - I rang her and left a message and she rang me back - we were on the phone for 3/4 of an hour the first time. When she put the phone down she said she felt an incredible sense of peace. We met the following week, she moved in 3 weeks later and nearly 21 years later we are still together - had our Civil Partnership in 2006 too. We always feel like there is something missing when we are not together (sad eh?)

LOL @ Vicky

Lovely stories Katie & Bren.

ahhh bren thats wonderful :)

How have I managed to miss this thread so far?

Paul is my absolute rock... we met on an internet dating site & have been together for 9 years. We spoke for about 5 months before finally meeting up, he lived in Berkshire & I was travelling back & forth to Dubai but when we met that first time we both knew that we'd found our soul mates!

He's supported me hugely thru the past 3 years since Amalie was born & I suffered bad PND, plus then became really ill & then diagnosed with diabetes... many a good man would have not put up with how I was but he satyed the distance & we are as good & as strong a team as we've ever been!

I wouldn't be where I am at without him, especially last year with getting my life back on track, although I do think at times he would have prefered the cba Linz back!!

themanwholovesme.jpg

Oh Linz you make such a lovely couple, and it is really inspiring to me (with a very long track record of disastrous relationships with cheaters, nutters and drunks:eek:) to hear that true love exists! :D

Lovely pic too, hun :)

yummy man......you two look goodly together!

amazing how many of us met over the net, i often marvel at the fact that i met someone from the other end of the country who is just so right for me, we could have lived our lives and missed out on each other!

LOL me too hun. The only time I ever tried, I struck up an email conversation with a guy who sounded great.

When we finally met, I nearly fled - he had used a pic that was AT LEAST 10 years old and had a bad case of Mr High Pants :eek::D

oh ive got some stories tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so have I, the bullying on this forum, and being sent to the naughty step all the time, it's horrendous!! :eek: :eek:

Roll on Brum!

I haven't even felt like dating for years, but there's nothing like a bit of weight loss to boost the self esteem!

and so have I, the bullying on this forum, and being sent to the naughty step all the time, it's horrendous!! :eek: :eek:

Back