APRIL CHALLANGE

Me again, Tesco BOGOFF on powder and bars this morning.

Can I join the april challenge please?, Im new on here but unfortunatley not new to slimming .
Im desperste to lose a couple of stone before my hols in sept ,starting on the tesco ultra shakes tommorow,
Id like to set a target of 7lbs this month.

Thanks Ugg :D
Tescos seem really good at having SlimFast on offer. I keep stocking up and could open my own SF shop at this rate hehe!

Welcome DD and good luck with the shakes. Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Welcome DD good luck xx

I'm back on the dieting, doc taken me off the steroids so need to lose a bit, so I pledge to lose 1/2 a stone 7lbs. 3kgs approx.

Week 1. 7th April
Week 2. 14th April
Week 3. 21st April
Week 4. 28th April

Last edited:
Hi all

hope you don't mind me joining.

I've been on CD but like helsbels I'm now paying out £25 a week but eating loads of 'extra's' so have only lost 1/2 stone since January. I've a few CD products left so going to mix and match with SF stuff but use SF principals and when I use my CD products eat something extra to bring breakfast and lunch up to 200 cals. Having 'legal' snacks is going to be absolute heaven :D

I'm starting afresh with new enthusiasm today and as I only have 6lbs left to goal that'll be my April challenge.

My original goal date was 14th Feb, then my next was 21st Mar, I MUST do it this time!

Welcome Dawnyblue

Good luck with your challange - Congratulations on the 40lb lost - that is amazing!

Take care

FF

Thank you FF

sometimes I feel amazing, sometimes I look in the mirror and see the same blob I was 6 months ago no matter how often people compliment me :sigh: I think that's why I have frequently 'sabotaged' my own efforts since getting so close to my goal. Definitely a strange mind thing going on there!

I think moving from CD to SF might be just the change to spurr me back on

sorry it didn't reply, wasn't on comp yesterday. i think i'll see if i can loose 7lb this month. i'm weighing in at 13.13 on my scales. totday was good until i picked little one up from mams. bloody dou-nuts and a cup of tea. still it's onl;y thye 1st so still got the rest of the month. i do need to go shopping for some more slim-fast as getting to the end of them cambridge shakes. however i think i've got about £25 on my boots advantage card so will use them up first then won't feel guilty if i goes pear shaped again. good luck everyone

Thank you FF

sometimes I feel amazing, sometimes I look in the mirror and see the same blob I was 6 months ago no matter how often people compliment me :sigh: I think that's why I have frequently 'sabotaged' my own efforts since getting so close to my goal. Definitely a strange mind thing going on there!

I think moving from CD to SF might be just the change to spurr me back on

If you see the same blob do what I do and turn to the side. That's where I really notice the difference ;)

Hi everyone!
Ugg did you weigh in today? Hope you had a loss.

Dawnyblue, I know what you mean about the "legal" snacks. I love the SF chocolate caramel bars. A diet that allows chocolate has to be good! I know what you mean about seeing yourself as a bigger person. I'm about 4.5 stone lighter than at my biggest and even now I can't see a difference in the mirror. I'm sure our minds will eventually catch up with our bodies and realise we are smaller.

Helsbels I wouldn't worry about the doughnuts. Everyone has blips and naughty things at times. I'm sure you'll still have a loss this week. Sometimes allowing yourself to have tasty things once in a while helps give you more motivation and determination to keep to the diet and succeed with goals.

Good luck everyone with weigh ins this week
BL x

I know what you mean BL. I don't think I have lost anything (obviously I notice the difference in clothes) but it has only be recently that everyone has started to comment on me losing weight (only took 24lbs lost before they did). I find it embarrasing as everyone keeps going on about it. I know I should be glowing about it but I think - I've not lost all that I want to lose and I still see the fat person in the mirror hiding the thin person who wants to get out - do you know what I mean??

Of course you then have people saying - you've lost enough but is that not for us to decide??

Sorry about the rant just wanted everyone's views.

Take care

FF

Hi everyone,

Sorry i was away training yesterday, Weighed in and i have put a pound on (not a good start):cry:
I did expect it though as i had a full on week! As you all know i scale hop and i was back down today already.

We can all relate to looking in the mirror and seeing the old you, What i do is i've kept some of my bigger clothes and also some when i was at my goal weight many moons ago.
For me there is no bigger buzz than trying them on and noticing a difference. I end up having a fashion show, my fiance thinks i'm mad!

Don't be disheartened when you look in the mirror we should all feel very proud that we have got off our butts to do something... I remember how miserable i was at my biggest and i'm not going back there! :)

Good luck evereyone It's great we have so many challengers this month xx

FF I know exactly what you mean. My family keep saying things like "hello skinny". I am nowhere near skinny. I think they mean in comparison to how I was before but I look in the mirror and theres no getting around the fact that I am still fat!
Ugg the strange thing is, pictures of me at my biggest I always look happy because I was "in love". It was only when that relationship ended I felt unhappy about how I look. Strange isn't it?

It is fab to have so many people doing the SF challenge this month :D

Have a good day everyone!

Never mind about the weight gain UGG. Like you I am a scale hopper, get on every morning and each day I say I am not going to weigh in until Monday but it never happens. I tend to gain 2lb by Tuesday (when I've not eaten any more?? - can only assume I retain water) and then by Friday I am the weight I was on Monday and I lose the weight over the weekend - perhaps because I am more active then.

Take care

FF

Thanks FF, I don't know where i'd be without my scales especially on a day like yesterday where i had put on, that would normally start a downhill spiral... But checking today and it being gone perks me up again! Doe's that make any sense reading it back sounds stupid but i know what i mean.(long day)

Can't wait to hear how people have weiged in xx

I understand what you mean Ugg. I'm not a scale hopper but the longer I am on this diet the more I have the urge to get the scales out and see if the numbers are going down. So far am resisting the urge but it is quite hard and the clothes are becoming baggy.

In fact today I met a friend in town who I haven't seen for ages. We were walking along and had hooked arms nattering when I felt my pants start to come down. Next thing I know they have dropped so low I have fallen over and my poor friend has landed on me because we had hooked arms! Thankfully I had a long coat on and managed to maintain my dignity (just). :sign0007: Embarrassing? You bet! This type of thing always happens to me. I'm seeing it as a sign I need to go shopping, either for pants that aren't about 4 inches too big, or for a good belt!

In hindsight it was very funny. Hope it gives you all a bit of a giggle
BL x

Hey everyone sorry not been posting as I spectacularly fell off the slimfast wagon after having my 2kg loss then putting it all back on so new month new challlenge and hopefully new commitment! Weighed in today at 86.5 (0.01 of a kg down from lastweek) I have bought a bike and am starting to ride to and from work each week as of Monday when my tube pass runs out! So my aim is to reach the halway mark by end of April

Hey BL very funny! I think a belt is in order or your'll get arrested for indecent exposure. :rotflmao:
Sattsy you sound very determined good on you and good luck.
xx

Back