Are Sugarfree Werther Originals allowed?

Andi75

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Im restarting dukan - a bit has changed since 2011 when I lost 47lbs....Im a bit confused to be honest with all the tolerated foods now, as I just used to think things like cornflour were tolerated.

But a work colleague who is doing dukan says that sugar free werther originals are allowed? I just wanted to check with anyone if they knew if this was the case?

Also wheat bran, seems to be another new introduction and am unsure, if this was to be used on conso only? xx

Any help would be fantatsic:bighug:

(Day 2 attack)

not sure re Werther's either (as I don't think they were around when the diet first came out in France). I too have them sporadically. I'd stick to the "not more than 5 a day" rule he said for Ricola sugar frees (and be aware that these sugar free sweets can give you nasty wind! ahem!)

For wheatbran, it's always figured in the diet. In the original French one, it was from the outset but then there were no tolerated ingredients either! Now, it's from Cruise as a tolerated ingredient (1 tablespoon per day). Most oldtimers, who were used to having it, use it with our oatbran (ie in cruise 2 tablespoons of oatbran per day, plus 1 tablespoon of wheatbran per day).

Like you, I prefer to ignore the other tolerated ingredients, using cornflour sporadically for a treat. I'd stick to that if you're happy with it, particularly at the outset, and then you have something "up your sleeve" so to speak when the going gets tough in a couple of months.

I have had these sweets on and off throughout my journey with no hindrance to my weight loss that I could see - no more than four a day though has been my mantra - tbh I have a full pack of SF Lifesavers which my friend sent from USA and half a bag of Werthers and they have been around for approx 4 months - glad I don't have them in the car as probably would devour quite a few on car journeys!!! LOL!

great replies!! ok, thats it - im officially allowing myself up to 5 a day & see how i go from there. ive discovered they are just what i need after dinner - something sweet, as tbh, flavoured yogurt isnt quite hitting the spot as a 'dessert' :rolleyes:
maintainer thanks for the wheat bran info - ok, i have a box which i was sent as a birthday present!! from the dukan site when i last ordered my flavourings & was wondering what to do with it - i will add to my oatbran porridge i have in the mornings when im on cruise - it will bulk it up a bit if nothing else!
xx

That's really helpful and good to know. I was looking at them and decided to wait. But maybe next time I go the cinema that would be a nice treat. x

I've not seen sugar free wherthers, hmm may have to look out for them. I do however, have Aldi sugar free sweets. They do a variety of flavorus including buttersctoch.

Wheatbran I have every day, I mix with my porridge and muffins. In my book from 2010 it says allow 1tbs of wheatbran a day to aid in transition issues. No where in the book does it mention the word tolerated.....ihad to go online and was a member here to ever see anything about it.

if its the cardboard box type then its the same brand, dominion is the name on the box. they do fruit ones, strawberries and cream, butterscotch and the mint ones. They are a proper boiled sweet, not the tiny little white mints in the tins. usually down near the sweets and choc, or at the till.

I have always had them, I never really thought about if they were allowed LOL, but then I limit myself to 3-5 a day because of the laxative issues LOL.

I've never seen them Scoot, am assuming some of the supermarkets might have them.

Woohoo I managed to get some in asda. But as I gave up sugar free sweets for Lent it means they are put away for now. Cost a bit more than I expected so have said they are my Easter year lol.

Finally was able to have some of these yesterday and was not really impressed. Yes they taste lovely, but the size of them and cost was not worth it. I will stick to Aldi buttersctoch sweets. 99p for two boxes as opposed to £1.68 for less sweets just cos they are called werthers.

Back