Are there any vegetarians out there?

NewSlimmerMe

Hi!

This is my second post after my intro post and I wanted to say hi to any vegetarian slimmers that might be out here.

I love that SW is encouraging people to try Quorn products, I love them and meat eaters won't usually touch them without good reason, hehe.

Does anyone have any good veggie recipes for green days or EE days? Or have I missed a whole thread somewhere?

:) I just had Quorn bacon and scrambled eggs. I used 1 syn for a tbsp of ketchup (I HATE baked beans - blergh).

hi - i've been veggie for 18 years. don't know of any vegetarian recipe links, but there are alot of recipes all over the site. check the recipe thread near the top of the page.

if you live near an Asda their own brand ketchup is only 0.5 syns per tbsp.... essential for me as i like alot of ketchup!

Hi! There are lots of us veggies here so welcome on board. The green plan on SW is ideal for veggies but you've nothing to gain from EE unless you eat fish. As Karen has said there's no specific part of the forum for veggie recipes but you will find loads of recipes that either are veggie friendly or can be made so by swapping chicken for quorn etc. So have a browse through the recipe sub-forum.

Hi ladies,
I'm also veggie and have been for over 20 years. There's a gorgeous recipe on the SW website for Moroccan butter beans - even my carnivore husband likes it!!! It's very easy to make and absolutely delicious! I added chick peas to it as well as butter beans as I love them so much.
Enjoy!
Lorraine

@mod-karen79 ~ Thank you. I've just been to ASDA! I'm not actually mad on ketchup but it was my second day and I needed some "wet" on my food!

@Circes ~ I don't eat fish. I was wondering what the difference was between EE and green days but I am still getting my head around it all. I just realised that I got laughing cow triangles without checking if they are veggie or not... I hope they are! Thank you :)

@Mrs LAC ~ Thank you. I'll have a look. I love finding recipes that the OH will eat (he's a meat eater).

I think only the extra light laughing cows are veggie friendly. And don't worry, you'll soon get the hang of things!

I often use Ricotto cheese as you get loads on your hexB allowance. Great mixed with spinach and nutmeg and rolled up in cooked lasagne sheets (cheats canneloni) If you can have tomatoes, which sadly I can't, make a tomato and onion sauce to pour over the top and then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes Yummy x

I often use Ricotto cheese as you get loads on your hexB allowance. Great mixed with spinach and nutmeg and rolled up in cooked lasagne sheets (cheats canneloni) If you can have tomatoes, which sadly I can't, make a tomato and onion sauce to pour over the top and then bake in the oven for about 20 minutes Yummy x

Sounds delicious!!!

Back