Are we eating too little now?

I know exactly what you mean IrishMum...I hated doing all the right things, eating what I was supposed too, all the exercise etc etc and for what - NOTHING! I may have lost a lb here and another lb there, but nothing. I'm sure the dr's and dietician's think I'm lying when I tell them what I've had to eat! Oh well, never mind now. Thanks to Go Lower I am finally losing those unwanted lbs..it's taken me years to do it and it WILL stay off. So pleased I've found Go Lower - not sure what I'd have done with out it. I am so stuffed today and all I've eaten is my Go Lower cereal and then a mackerel salad for lunch and can't even think about getting the kids dinner ready -I am so full. Guess ketosis has kicked in again!

IrishMum , good luck with your 5k run - when is it? I was thinking of doing a long distance swim - but not sure if I've got the time to train for it?

xx

It's the end of June, and it's actually a 10k, with an option to 'only' do 5k? LOL!
I only lost the weight with a vlcd too, but towards the end my losses just seemed to stop & start so I was advised to come off it? I maintained for about 6mths, but since Christmas I've been slowly but surely gaining again- despite not changing my diet at all? I've started logging/weighing again, but I know my Doc will just take a look at me when I show him my food logs and say 'well, just exercise more an you'll lose weight'? He's a bit rubbish like that. The last time I went for help he told me to join ww! I've been a bit under the weather lately & have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if it shows anything. Is it totally insane to be secretly hoping theres a 'medical' reason for my gain?? I feel like I'm jinxing myself thinking like that, but I can't help it? I want to know why my body doesn't work like other peoples?? ((Sigh))

Hi Irish mum

Good luck with the scan, I am sure all will be well but I know what you mean about hoping there is a reason for your gain.

I guess the doc has done a thyroid test as I know sometimes that is a cause of weight gain. I too have hoped in the past that there was a reason for my weight gain, but apart from my pregnancies I have nothing to blame, just me!

Like Happy I am also on Go Lower and the amount I have lost has shocked me as I never really thought this time I would do it but I am and to see my loss each month is a great motivator and I eat real food.

Have you considered other diet options to maybe just give you that kick start you need. I know you are much more knowledgeable about diets etc than I am but maybe you need a new perspective on it.

Good luck with the run, I am sure you will go the full way as you have the determination to do it.

It's the end of June, and it's actually a 10k, with an option to 'only' do 5k? LOL!
I only lost the weight with a vlcd too, but towards the end my losses just seemed to stop & start so I was advised to come off it? I maintained for about 6mths, but since Christmas I've been slowly but surely gaining again- despite not changing my diet at all? I've started logging/weighing again, but I know my Doc will just take a look at me when I show him my food logs and say 'well, just exercise more an you'll lose weight'? He's a bit rubbish like that. The last time I went for help he told me to join ww! I've been a bit under the weather lately & have an ultrasound tomorrow to see if it shows anything. Is it totally insane to be secretly hoping theres a 'medical' reason for my gain?? I feel like I'm jinxing myself thinking like that, but I can't help it? I want to know why my body doesn't work like other peoples?? ((Sigh))

How did the scan go?

I know what you mean wanting a medical reason for gaining weight. I do have one (PCOS), but I often feel I should go round with a sign saying I'm fat because of...Obviously I don't....but do think it may stop the stares... Thankfully since starting with Go Lower, the stares have stopped...

My Dr started off being really helpful, but as the 'diets' continued and nothing was happening he got more and more impatient...Again, thankfully found Go Lower and now don't need to go and see him!

Good luck and hope the scan is all you want it to be.

xx

My fertility doctor thought I had PCOS when I was trying to fall pregnant with my first.

All the indicators from my blood results etc pointed towards PCOS and then when he did a scan it showed all was clear so I couldn't use that excuse for my weight problems, and that was before I had the kids. After my pregnancys my weight was so much worse.

Like Happy I am so glad I found Go Lower!

I'm such a muppet- the scan isn't til 9th JUNE!! Dohh!!! I didn't read the letter right, thank God I double-checked it before I headed off!

I can't afford GoLower. Thats why I did Lipotrim at the time? Also I believe being in (the wilds) of N. Ireland was a problem too from what I remember?
I still have about a weeks worth of sachets left, so if the worse comes to the worse I have a fall-back plan, but I'm afraid it'd be only a temporary solution? The pains in my side are coming & going, but getting worse when they are there. Think it may be gallstones (aggravated by yo-yoing & losing weight to quickly in the end- as I haven't had a high-fat diet in YEARS! LOL!), but I'll have to wait a month or so to see... ah well.
I hope everyones feeling more positive this lovely spring morning! I don't mean to put a dampner on the thread!

Ahhh IrishMum, firstly no dampner on the thread....that's just daft...

Secondly, well as you said, at least you hadn't set off yet for your scan and you've still got time to lose more weight.... I'm sorry to hear the pains are getting worse, hopefully once they know exactly what it is, you'll get fixed as my 6yr old daughter would say...

I'm happy with Go Lower. I know it's expensive, but because I've paid up front I feel that helps me keep motivated and strong as I hate the thought of giving up and losing the money - anyway it's working for me so can't complain.

Good luck, feel better and keep losing
xx

Irishmum
I beleive this site is about being honest and if you want to say something go ahead, we won't think you are putting a dampner on things, we will support you how ever we can!

Regarding getting the date wrong I blame it on a mum thing. My brain went to much mush when I was pregnant and it never really came right again.

I also think I have read something correctly and after realise I was wrong! My mum has to keep all the kids appointments and mine in her diary as I forget to write them down most of the time!

Prime example this morning I thought I was starting work at 10 am and when I read the text again this morning just before I was about to leave I realised I didn't need to start until 10.30 am. That give me an extra half hour to get the spare room ready for our vistor this weekend!

Happy, the money I spend on Go Lower is what I would normally spend on food each week, especailly the amount I used to spend on buying sandwiches and crisps etc for lunch each day at work.

Suzy - I've never brought sandwiches from a shop for lunch when working and my OH takes a packed lunch with him everyday...Now that I am working, I only work 3hrs a day so eat at home...so I don't save the money there....However, I really don't mind spending the money on Go Lower as it's doing so much good - I'm losing my stone a month. I feel happier, I've got more energy, my skin is clearer and clothes fit - money doesn't really come into it.

Keep losing
xx

Happy
I also don't mind what I spend on Go Lower as it is working but it is an added bonus that is is probably saving me money. Hubby certainly spends less on the weekly shop as he is not buying for me as well as the money I save on lunches etc.

Scott I just wanted to ask how you are doing as we have not heard from you for a little while.

Irishmum, how are you feeling?

Irishmum, how are you feeling?
Scared to death after reading about Sarah! 5wks from diagnosis of gallstones, to her admittance to a hospice with advanced liver cancer- scary business!
Am grand really, just hoping it's 'only' something like gallstones....:eek:

Irishmum

please don't worry, you will be fine. Positive thinking really does go a long way to making you feel better.

Happy
I hear what you are saying about putting things into perspective but if we are carrying too much weight that is not good for us.

I know health is more important than anything but I am a prime example of being an early stroke victim as I am overweight and suffer from migraines.

That is not even taking into account the strain my heart is under and I may become diabetic! I guess the list is endless for me of all the health concerns I could suffer from all because of my weight.

Yes the main reason I am losing weight now is because of how I look and that is my motivation but the above reasons are also concerns that I try not to think about!

I am so happy with Go Lower as I am not starving myself to get the weight off. I am being sensible and eating well and that is why I am able to stick to it.

I do understand what you mean Suzy. In my family alone there is heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol as well as diabetes...I know my weight adds to all of this and it's also one of the reasons I want to lose weight - but weirdly enough, it's not my main motivation - looking better is - shallow I know, but what can I say!

xx

Happy

that is exactly the same as me. I am not happy with the way I look which is why I strated on Go Lower.

The health concerns are just extras but they don't really bother me, even though I know they should.

I don't see it as being shallow, just honest!

Happy

we are all vain to a certain extent otherwise we wouldn't care how we dressed etc and some people may think that is shallow but we know we need to lose weight for various reason and that is what we are doing.

I also want to look slim for my hubby, who loves me as I am but it will make ME feel better if I know I look good on his arm when we go out.

Yes, Happy I think he looks good.....

He is quite tall and slim so when he is suited he looks really good and even casual I still fancy him.... Not bad when we are coming up to our ten year wedding anniversary soon.

He has been so supportive of my diet but he thinks I am just doing it for me. If I told him I was also doing it for him he would say to me I am fine as I am.

Back