Argh! Tricky weekends ahead...

vivahate

Irregular Member
I'm going to a wedding on April 20th and I wanted to have lost 2 stone by then. Doubt that is going to happen as every weekend prior to that I have something planned! This weekend myself and my partner are going to a gorgeous b&b for a couple of days, the following weekend my best friends and I are having a mini reunion and the weekend after that I'm off to Edinburgh with the fella to see his twin. Then the following weekend it is the wedding.

Has anyone got any advice for damage control/limitation? It's typical that all these weekends are falling consecutively!

Thanks in advance :)

Don't go on those weekends? That's my suggestion. In two years you won't care whether you went or not but you will care if you're still fat.

Hi, I wouldn't cancel going, you just need to be really strict with yourself, could you take a box of cereal bars for your breakfasts? or ask if you could have a scrambled egg with no butter for breakfast ,or poached egg and some tomatoes/beans depending how many cals your on you could have a slice of toast or two with that which would fill you up, I would think b&b's can accomodate you fairly well with eggs being cooked a certain way, or maybe stick to fruit and yogurt if that's on offer? if they have continental type brekkies I would stay away from hash browns! they always look really greasy I think from looking in the past quite high in cals, stick to things that wont have been cooked in fat or have any added fat you should be ok then :)

If your eating out try to stick to chicken or fish, fish is fairly low in calories its just what you add to it that makes it fattening, so don't go for creamy/buttery sauces try tomato based sauces, or if you want a creamy sauce ask for it on the side so you can control the cals a bit more, if you go for pizza or something get a thin crust one and share it with your partner (me and my bf used to get our own when we ate out, well before I was calorie counting lol) so you could half a pizza and get a side salad with it? some pizza places do 'healthy pizzas' now which are smaller and thinner etc with less cheese on.

Will you be staying at your Oh's twins house? you could either offer to cook, or ask them to keep the calories low on yours and don't add butter or cream to mash/ don't add butter to any veg etc depending on what your eating, its easy to dish up yours before they add any butter or other added fats to things, that's what i do with my bf when i'm doing new potatoes i dish up mine then add butter to his.

for lunches I would stay away from baguettes they are really high in calories! maybe jacket potatoes, warm salads (just watch the dressings as these are sometimes extremely calorific!) you could take your own bottle of dressing with you should you end up eating salads? if they have a weatherspoons that's a good option as all the cals are on the menu, their chilli is good, i think the veggie chilli is lower in cals than the meat one too and be nice and warming on cold days.

Hope that helps a little, its really hard when your away as I know how easily temptation can creep in, iv'e gone away to hotels etc before and taken cereal bars with me etc but i see the continental breakfast and the cereal bars go out the window lol so its all about self control and will power! hope you have a fab time on all your weekends away! :D

I'm going to a wedding on April 20th and I wanted to have lost 2 stone by then. Doubt that is going to happen as every weekend prior to that I have something planned! This weekend myself and my partner are going to a gorgeous b&b for a couple of days, the following weekend my best friends and I are having a mini reunion and the weekend after that I'm off to Edinburgh with the fella to see his twin. Then the following weekend it is the wedding.

Has anyone got any advice for damage control/limitation? It's typical that all these weekends are falling consecutively!

Thanks in advance :)

Try your best not to use the weekends as an excuse to think 'oh sod it!' and go mad, eating anything and everything. Just try to stick to meals, rather than snacking etc as well. If you're drinking, stick to spirits and diet mixers rather than higher calorie drinks. Stick to your cals as much as possible in the week, and perhaps do extra exercise in the week to counteract the weekends.

You can still go and enjoy the weekends, it's just a matter of being sensible and not using it as an excuse to break your diet.

Thanks for your advice everyone- think I'm going to go with the "don't go mad" advice and just have things in moderation!

Supergroovy- if you are able to cancel holidays and meetings with friends etc you are seriously much stronger willed than I.

Wow I really disagree with the cancel idea, there really is more to life than weight. I would say keep logging, I use mfp and even when I go over find it helps to know how much you have..if you're determined to stick to cals then just make sensible choices, that's the beauty of cc. If you just want to enjoy your weekends without the stress then maybe be conscious to try and stick to your tdee so you don't undo any hard work.? The most important thing is that you enjoy yourself, dieting will be there when you get back :) good luck!! X

Supergroovy- if you are able to cancel holidays and meetings with friends etc you are seriously much stronger willed than I.

*Grin*

I was suggesting to cancel because I *wouldn't* be strong-willed enough to go on the weekends and eat healthily. Or at least, I would have trouble doing so. However, if I was at home, I would find it easier to stick to the plan. When I'm on holidays or out for a meal, there's a sense that 'this is a treat, so I don't want to waste it'...so I'd probably eat what I wanted, with the excuse 'well...I'm on holidays!'.

Maybe the suggestion to cancel all of them was a bit dramatic. But I would still suggest maybe canceling / modifying some of them, so that you don't have three in a row. Maybe modifying is the answer...such as, making sure that you get in lots of exercise while you're away, so that you *can* eat extra calories while you're there. Something like that. Anyway, hope you're having fun this weekend! :character00255:

Back