Arrabiata Sauce

JackJane

I love Arrabiata sauce and have tried a few recipes but the one I have just made is the best

1 large red onion finely chopped
1 large red pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 red chilli (more or less to taste)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 level tbsp of dried basil

Split and de-seed pepper and lay skin side up on a baking tray spraying first with fry light. Pop in the oven on a medium heat for about 10 minutes and the skin starts to char.
Meanwhile fry the red onion garlic and chilli in fry light for 5 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and basil and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Remove pepper from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove the skin and chop the cooked pepper into small chunks and add to the sauce.
Cook for a few more minutes and remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so before blitzing with a hand blender or in a food processor.
Makes 2 generous portions and syn free.

need a few little bits from the shop, but i will be making this some time this week :D a huge thank you, because i love this dish :D x

It really does taste like the real thing - made it for my daughter as well and she said it was the best she had ever had!

Pretty much the same as myself actually, my OH loves it, I havent been buying chillies though so instead we put tabasco and cumin in with a bit of parpika

Back