arrrggggghhhh - what is going on??

I can't believe it (sorry if I sound like Victor Meldrew) - but I've gained 2.5 lbs this week! I've stuck to the diet 100% and even did 3 easa sessions and 3 sessions (45 mins each) with the 'my fitness coach'. I've had less than 10 syns average per day. I can't understand what's going on.

The only thing I can think of is that I've been having fruit, yoghurt and shreadded wheat bite size for breakfast every day - but I had the same last week and I dropped 4.5lbs.

can you have too much fruit?? can you drink too much fluids (i drank 7 pints of sugar free squash during the day I did 2 hours gym)??

any thoughts?? I am desperate :sigh: I'm planning to go on holiday at the end of september and want to shift some pounds before then. :confused:

Consider the following possibles:

1 - did you have different clothes on? Sounds daft but jeans can weigh loads etc

2 - Had you drank or eaten close to WI? I don't drink too close to WI as a large glass of water can add a lb to my weight

3 - Is it 'star' week this week/soon?

4 - Eating fruit is fine (says my C) but it's when you blend them to a smoothie it isn't. I eat a lot of fruit and it has no effect, but what I think is a lot might differ loads!

5 - Any bad 'things' can catch you up a week on - so were you naughty last week?

6 - Exercise can (IMO) have an impact, especially if a lot added you normally don't do.

7 - DON'T WORRY! It'll all pay off in long run!

xoxox

((Hugs)) , that sucks!

The breakfast wont make you gain, the fruit won't make you gain, 7lts of squash would make you gain if you drank it and then got on the scales but you would pee that out before too long - unless you have a bladder the size of a camel!

Do you keep a food diary on here? What plan are you following? Did your consultant shed any light on your gain?

All I can say, and it's probably no consolation, is that if you know you have been 100% then the loss you are due will show next week. it has too.

Stick with it. xx

I agree with Sticky.
I have an intense gym workout now as I am doing a challenge next year that I need to be hyper fit for.
For the first 2 weeks your body needs to adjust to going from virtually no exercise to almost full on and doesnt know whats happening! You will find that your shape will have changed too though. I have managed to get into the next size down in clothes and love it! (Going from a 28/30 to an 18 makes a huge difference believe me!)

My advice...keep on plan..dont lapse because of the gain and keep with the exercise...it will come off again Hun.

xxx

Maybe just plain water instead of squash would have been better....

I agree with Jaylou start doing a daily food diary on here and 'if' you are going wrong somewhere, then someone will advise you.

I'm so sorry that you have gained this week, it is so disappointing when you have worked so hard, but you should lose next week to compensate. Hugs X.

Consider the following possibles:

1 - did you have different clothes on? Sounds daft but jeans can weigh loads etc

2 - Had you drank or eaten close to WI? I don't drink too close to WI as a large glass of water can add a lb to my weight

3 - Is it 'star' week this week/soon?

4 - Eating fruit is fine (says my C) but it's when you blend them to a smoothie it isn't. I eat a lot of fruit and it has no effect, but what I think is a lot might differ loads!

5 - Any bad 'things' can catch you up a week on - so were you naughty last week?

6 - Exercise can (IMO) have an impact, especially if a lot added you normally don't do.

7 - DON'T WORRY! It'll all pay off in long run!

xoxox

I weigh myself on tuesday mornings - in the buff so to speak - am doing this at home on my own.

didn't drink or eat anything prior to weighing myself

not a star week ( at least that would have given me a reason) :sigh:

the fruit I ate was not messed with so to speak - not cooked or blended.

was good the week prior too - so i wouldn;t have thought that something was catching up on me

The only thing that I have done completely different this week is the exercise. I thought I might lose a bit less - but to gain 2.5 lbs!! surely that can't be right - can it?

I did have a funny hour after weighing myself - having visions of eating everything bad in the house out of rebellion - but in the end I had a large bowl of crunching nut cornflakes with ss milk - I syning the cornflakes at 22 syns (didn't weigh them)

am going to try to do this week with min syns to see if it makes a difference - am also not doing the wii.....

thanks jaylou, donnie & mrs v - your words of encouragement are much appreciated. the thing that annoys me most if the fact that i can't understand what's gone wrong. i did take my measurements last week before doing the exercise and i'll go redo them now to see if there's any change.

i think it must be the exercise!

It all seems okay then hun, it can only be your body doing silly things and this does happen. I'm not sure the exercise would make you gain 2.5lbs, it doesn't have the big impact on weight loss that people expect but it shouldn't make you gain. However, we are all made different and it's hard to say why you have gained.

The other week I gained 3lbs and it was all hormones, every bit of it. I was gutted but I knew I had been good.

Your weight loss that you are due from this week will show next week and you'll have a cracking loss.

PS 22 syns for crunchy nut cornflakes? they are only something like 6 syns an ounce, i bet if you weighed a similar amount to that which you ate it would come in at more like 15? x

PS 22 syns for crunchy nut cornflakes? they are only something like 6 syns an ounce, i bet if you weighed a similar amount to that which you ate it would come in at more like 15? x

was a blummin big bowl :eek: thought i should err on the side of caution

I have developed a pattern with my weight loss and know that 1 week in 4 that I will have a gain. Maybe you are like me??
Even when I stick to plan 100% I get a gain, but go on to loose it again. If this is the same for you...dont panic Hun, you do get used to it and also the weight losses are generally very good the other times.

Take care
xxx

well, i just measured myself and since last week I have lost an inch from my waist, bust, thighs and upper arms - no change to hips. strange.

:D We all learn! :rolleyes:

I just want to add something... I do 30mins on my cross trainer and today have walked 7miles, and I will have had up to 5litres water by the end of the day. I think you need 2 pints per hour of exercise. Maybe you could have 4L every day instead of squash, just up the intake slightly :) Well done with all your efforts, I bet you'll have a huge loss next week. Aand keep measuring as it keeps going down even id weight isn't :) xx

I suspects your muscles were holding water which is what happens when you ramp up the exercise! If you have lost inches don't worry too much it'll fall off the next time you weigh in :)

I just want to add something... I do 30mins on my cross trainer and today have walked 7miles, and I will have had up to 5litres water by the end of the day. I think you need 2 pints per hour of exercise. Maybe you could have 4L every day instead of squash, just up the intake slightly :) Well done with all your efforts, I bet you'll have a huge loss next week. Aand keep measuring as it keeps going down even id weight isn't :) xx

I know I should drink water - but I can't stand it without some flavouring of some kind. When I was working (before I was made redundant - sniff, sniff), I drank at least 2 litres from the chilled mineral water dispenser - but now I'm at home I can't seem to face it - and when I've tried I end up drinking so much less fluids.

I think I need a labotomy!

Back