Asda chick pea dahl anyone?

icklerockchick

slow but steady!
asda chickpea dahl yumyum!

Just had some asda chickpea dahl for my lunch, hadn't had it in ages and forgot how yummy it is!

Just thought I would tell everyone incase anyone hasn't tried it or for the newbies :D

Really it has many plus points - its free on green and extra easy, its cheap (about 70something pence I think), it comes in a tin so easy to always have in your cupboard or take to work, its not too spicy or too bland just right.

Oh and the biggest plus point I think is that I find I am most susceptible to getting a takeaway when I have had a long day and just can't be bothered making food. This satisfies my cravings for yummy indian food - have this, boiled rice and a wholemeal pitta (HEB) SORTED :D

X

I have never tried this, will do now after your recommendation x

never heard of it but im going to try and find some! lovely!

Its lovely!!!!
I have it on a green day for lunch at work with some rice and Im stuffed!

I agree its yummy its nice cold too with salad. If not near Asda a company called Sundar make it also and that is also free on green and EE days, I get mine in Morrisons, really tasty food and you feel like your having a curry without any guilty bits!!

(I must admit didn't fancy it but its definatly worth trying I thought it would be really boring but it isn't):D

good luck all

xxx

I've got the sundar one and it's lush - however, try as I might I cannot find the ASDA one in ASDA..... what aisle is it in please? I'm sure I've looked everywhere?

Just don't get caught out by buying sainsbury chick pea dahl thinking this will also be syn free as it is hugely high in syns.

Ohh sounds lovley can you check on the label please and tell me if it is tomato free. thank you

No Brightonrosie afraid not - here are the ingredients:

Water , Chickpeas (28%) , Lentils (9%) , Onion (5%) , Tomato Purée (2%) , Vegetable Oil , Modified Maize Starch , Sugar , Salt , Cumin , Turmeric , Coriander , Fenugreek Leaves , Caraway , Chilli .

Anyone know if theres a Tesco version?? I really fancy some NOW!! xx

I love the Asda stuff too...although my Asda hasn't had any for the last couple of weeks.

If I know I'm not going to have time for a proper dinner I'll used a flavoured cous cous on the bottom of a tupperwarre box, add a few chopped eggs, then a tin of Asd'a Chipeak Dahl. Heats up grand in the micro at work, and, voila, a hearty meal that keeps me filled up till midnight!

I bought the Sundar one, but I thought it had a couple of syns, so I haven't opened it yet...

Sounds great! I am a really sucker for indian takeaways.. Hopefully this will replace my friday night takeaway binge!

Great post - thanks!

Bought a can today and had it for lunch with asda w/m pitta (B), a yogurt and cucumber dip and a salad. Tasty, quick and will prove to be a great cupboard standby.

Shared it with DH and DD (age 7) and they enjoyed it too :D

Back