asda meat free meatballs

i have just made spaghetti with asda meatfree meatballs in a spicy sauce and they are the boy they are 3 syns per whole bag and are fantastically delicious they are dead quick to cook in the oven and are lush even without the sauce....................i know the quorn ones are free but my asda dont sell them so am gunna try them when i get a chance too go to tesco as thats where i've been told stock them and if they are equally as nice i will be living on them with pasta etc or on there own as a snack mmmmmmmmmmm they really are worth a try guys :) xx

Thanks for the tip! I have used the quorn ones before and will give these a go as well

x

Sounds lovely. Which aisle will they be in? The chilled foods?

I used to have the quorn ones with a can of tinned spaghetti. I will try the Asda ones though

Last edited:
they are frozen in the vegetarian isle you get 2 bags for £3 at the moment and are well worth 3 syns a bag :) i made a spicy tomato sauce (passata, garlic ,tinned chopped tomatoes,chilli's,) and had them with spaghetti a great alternative to quorn spag bol x

I am not keen on the quorn ones but my son loves the Asda ones (we prefer Asda'a vegetarian mince to Quorn) and I will make the above recipe - love looking out for new recipes.
Irene

there is some meat free beef pieces too in the asda range they look interesting so might try them i'm not sure what the syn values are on those but they look worth a try ummm beef curry lol x

Hi
The beef style pieces are 10 syns for a 300g bag.
I use them to make scouse. A tip they do not need a long time to cook.
Irene

Our nearest Asda is 30 miles away but I think I may take a trip tomorrow to get the meatballs - sound fantastic

Hi
Scouse is a Liverpool dish - Beef, Potatoes, Carrots and Onion - like a stew.
300 gram bag would do about 4 - 6 portions so syn value approx 2 syns per meal yes I think it is worth it as I wanted a change from the bland 'colour' of quorn.
Irene

ummm yes defo worth it that sounds lush and they look nice even frozen i will try that over the weekend your right about the quorn they are bland and u do get sick of it and if they are as nice as the meatballs then gotta b a winner what stock do u use for the scouse? as i really fancy cooking it up :)

Looks like we are all going to be eating Scouse at the weekend!

I use vegeoxo.
I put all the vegetables into a pan with the oxo, S + P, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked - I use quite a bit of liquid. Add the beef style pieces and cook gently for 20 mins serve with red cabbage - delicious. Real winter warmer.
Irene

thanx for that irene i will be making this for my family on sunday even if its a hot day lol as it sounds fab.............red cabbage as in red cabbage boiled or the pickled jar stuff sorry to be a pest but i love good old fashioned stews etc....:) x

Back