Asda mince

ally7997

Silver Member
Just been to Asda while I'm at work as I never usually shop there and noticed there extra lean beef mince was £4 for a big pack so I picked it up and then noticed the fat content said "typically less than 10%" where as tesco and sainsburys says less than 5%! anyone else noticed this?
Just thought I would point this out!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dont understand this! My pack said less than 5%! Whats going on have they changed it, or was it just the lean mince! Help, I use it such a lot!Can anyone clarify whats going on?

Extra lean normally says less than 5%! maybe they have labelled it wrong?? Just checked mine in the freezer (a small pack) and it does say less than 5% and it's asda.

Extra lean normally says less than 5%! maybe they have labelled it wrong?? Just checked mine in the freezer (a small pack) and it does say less than 5% and it's asda.

Just rushed to check mine in the freezer too as I use this a lot, mine says less than 5% too. I hope they haven't changed it!

That's odd then, it was a pack in the 3 for £10 cos I was gonna get 3! And I checked it twice as I've never seen the big packs in extra lean before!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I buy their extra lean minced beef, normally 2 for £5.00. You hardly get any fat coming from it and it says I can have it on-line so I think it will be ok....enjoy - lovely in spag bol!!!
xx

I purchased the 3 for £10.00 on the large packs of extra lean mince from asda too - my packs also say 'less than 10%'
Will have to eat them now though.
:sigh:

Yeah you need to read the small print - the turkey mince that was on offer last week at 50p a bag was 12% fat and so not extra lean either.

I think Asda are becoming a bit naughty with their packaging.

I remember when they reduced the pack size of extra lean mince from 500g to 400g and still charged the same.

I sometimes think they hope it will slip under the radar :sigh:

I get all my extra lean meats from sainsbury's now.

Perhaps it was because it was in the large packs. I think (or hope) that the ones priced about £2.87 are still 5% but thanks for the heads up! Will take a closer look tomorrow

I'll try to avoid those big packs then. At least I have advance warning of this now so thanks for that. I wouldn't have noticed if I had bought it myself.
I usually get 2 of the smaller packs for £5.
How annoying though, You'll have to syn it now, and thats really annoying when you know you could have had the same thing for free!

Oh for crying out loud, that cost me £4 and I was gonna get 4 nights of dinner out of it. How many syns are in it?

I'm guessing DH will be having bolognese and I'll just be having plain sodding pasta.

Am so annoyed I've just emailed asda! They're gonna think I've crazy.

Crys said:
Oh for crying out loud, that cost me £4 and I was gonna get 4 nights of dinner out of it. How many syns are in it?

I'm guessing DH will be having bolognese and I'll just be having plain sodding pasta.

Its 2 1/2 syns per 100 grams hun, so you should still be okay to eat it

Extra lean is free - but it is supposed to be less than 5% fat and this one isn't even though it is labelled as extra lean

Am so annoyed I've just emailed asda! They're gonna think I've crazy.

I don't blame you for emailing them, its a bit naughty of them, I bet a lot of people will have missed that it says less than 10% instead of the usual 5%.
I would never have thought to check myself.

I'll let you know if I get a reply.

Unfortunately I do green with mince as hexb, and it'd be 2syns per 28g (for less than 12% fat), so just not worth it. So tempted to find my receipt and return it!

Circes said:
Extra lean is free - but it is supposed to be less than 5% fat and this one isn't even though it is labelled as extra lean

Thank you:) I've always used extra lean even when not doing sw. Who wants excess fat?!

It's poor of asda to be selling the extra lean wrongly labelled, as it sounds as though the package contains lean, rather than extra lean mince, particularly when it's likely to be people watching their weight who will be buying it.

Back