Asda - silken tofu

Kwise1

 THE WISE ONE 
Hiya
I am taking a trip to Asda, Harlow. Which aisle would I find the silken tofu as I believe it can be hard to find and I haven't shopped in Asda before

Cheers

Kx

Ps will be sticking up on their wholemeal pitta too :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's usually by the quorn in the regridgerated area.

K Dee said:
It's usually by the quorn in the regridgerated area.

Hiya K Dee- I know it isn't refrigerated as that is firm tofu. I am buying silken which is kept in the cupboard- I am gonna be making some desserts Nom nom

chocaslim said:
Hi sorry if this is too late but it is with the dried peas section and lentils

Hiya
No not too late at all, thankyou so much

Kx

Hiya K Dee- I know it isn't refrigerated as that is firm tofu. I am buying silken which is kept in the cupboard- I am gonna be making some desserts Nom nom

Do you think I've got the wrong tofu then, mine was a block and I made a pudding with? Was very nice I have to say lol more importantly is it still syn free!!!!!!!!!!!! if not I've had a lovely chocolate binge.

Last edited:
Apologies, I brought another type of tofu and not the silken type. I stand corrected hope you managed to get the correct one.

Last edited:
I may be with the chinesey stuff like noodles, that's where it is in mine.

KDee - silken tofu is smoother than the refrigerated firm one (like the Cauldron one) so lends itself better to deserts

x

chocaslim said:
Hi sorry if this is too late but it is with the dried peas section and lentils

Hi Chocaslim
You were so right, it is by the lentils etc- and only £1 each - I stocked up with this and wholemeal pittas ( for the doner kebab recipe) they must have thought me mad!!!!

Thanks again as it saved me looking up and down every aisle :)

Kx

K Dee said:
Do you think I've got the wrong tofu then, mine was a block and I made a pudding with? Was very nice I have to say lol more importantly is it still syn free!!!!!!!!!!!! if not I've had a lovely chocolate binge.

Hiya K Dee
I am guessing it might be- google silken tofu or types if tofu. The Silken variety is in a tetrapak and not refrigerated and I believe a lot softer and lighter. I whizzed it in the food processor added cocoa and sweetener and it had the texture of a silky chocolate mousse- like dessert but without the air pockets. Very filling and rich.
I have just read though that this is another food abuse item- I'm certainly not counting it though as I couldn't eat another morsel- I made 2 ramekin pots and had 1 - now stuffed lol

Kx

Attachments

• image-2963339882.jpg
    image-2963339882.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 656
Before the SW we made a fantastic desert with Silken Tofu, Organic Green and Blacks Choc and Cointreau! Yum! Sure an SW friendly desert would be possible or syn it!! Was just like a mousse, wouldn't have known what was in it xx

Kwise1 said:
Hiya K Dee
I am guessing it might be- google silken tofu or types if tofu. The Silken variety is in a tetrapak and not refrigerated and I believe a lot softer and lighter. I whizzed it in the food processor added cocoa and sweetener and it had the texture of a silky chocolate mousse- like dessert but without the air pockets. Very filling and rich.
I have just read though that this is another food abuse item- I'm certainly not counting it though as I couldn't eat another morsel- I made 2 ramekin pots and had 1 - now stuffed lol

Kx

This looks so yummy.

MrsFriend said:
Before the SW we made a fantastic desert with Silken Tofu, Organic Green and Blacks Choc and Cointreau! Yum! Sure an SW friendly desert would be possible or syn it!! Was just like a mousse, wouldn't have known what was in it xx

Sounds delish - do you have the recipe??

Kx

Back