Atkins 72 or New???

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Caledonia, 21 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Caledonia

Caledonia Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(32.62%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Hi all,

I lost 5 stone on the old Atkins, felt fantastic but now am looking to lose more.

One thing i have noticed on several forums is the divide between those who follow the old Atkins and ones who prefer the newer Atkins nutritional advice.

I was wondering what you guys think?

I haven't done so well on the newer version, and can't touch the bars or shakes it makes me ravenous and the ketostix go back to nil!!

I don't understand why it doesn't work.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    Hi again Caledonia, I'm a '72 Atkins fan & steer clear of the bars & shakes but at the moment I'm in limbo. My real reason for posting here is to wish you (even more) success. :)

4. Caledonia

Caledonia Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(32.62%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Thanx for the well wishes.

I am sorry your in limbo, hope it is not getting you down, keep on smiling :D

Yep Atkins 72 seems the best for me, the weight just doesn't seem to shift otherwise.

5. triage999

triage999 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Atkins 72 is certainly working for me after Exante! Loving it at the moment :0) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

6. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Well based on what i've seen over last 10 months - most people struggle if they include daily bars. Either their sweet tooth stays/runs rampant and/or insulin still affected by polyls (in the bars) so they are starving all the time

Also new one allows you things like tomatoes - sorry they can stall too (sigh)

If you want to be really successful - go for 72 or "clean and green" (ie stick to protein plus veg and avoid too many processed packaged foods)

Good luck

7. strachan51

strachan51 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20%)
    Diet:
    CC
    So is that the only differences between old and new? Just wondering.
    If so that means I am following the old too. And it seems to be working.
    Got a free bar in the post earlier this week from Atkins, halfed it with my hubby and felt headachey and not right rest of the day. So had already decided to steer clear.
    Now that you mention it to after the bar it made me feel like I wanted more. Interesting

8. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

The old version was 'stricter' and that suited a lot of people. For people like me - vegetarians - the many reviews and amendments over the years have been a bonus. So I prefer the more recent books. Whatever works best for you as an individual, whatever suits you - is the one to go for.

I echo what others have said - the bars, shakes, cakes, cereals etc cause so many to stall or even regain. They are best avoided or kept as very occasional treats. When Dr Atkins passed away his widow set up the Atkins Foundation. It does NOT approve of the 'candy bars' marketed by Atkins Nutrionals. They are totally separate companies. On the official site, The Atkins Community, reference is often made to this fact, even though the site features ads for those products. I would imagine this pays for the site! But pure Atkins would cut out or severly limit such foods.

I have to say that sometimes, if you are DESPERATE for chocolate or whatever, an Atkins bar can be a diet-saver. Even so - use with great caution!

9. Caledonia

Caledonia Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(32.62%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Induction
    Thanks girly, I have been a follower of the old way as it worked best for me personally.

The bars and shakes just confused me, I didn't realize that the Atkins Foundation was separate and doesn't really approve of the products.

I'll stick to the old way, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

i am glad the new changes help you, it was a shame veggies couldn't benefit from Atkins, glad that has changed.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.