Atkins 72 or New???

Caledonia

Hi all,

I lost 5 stone on the old Atkins, felt fantastic but now am looking to lose more.

One thing i have noticed on several forums is the divide between those who follow the old Atkins and ones who prefer the newer Atkins nutritional advice.

I was wondering what you guys think?

I haven't done so well on the newer version, and can't touch the bars or shakes it makes me ravenous and the ketostix go back to nil!!

I don't understand why it doesn't work.:confused:

Hi again Caledonia, I'm a '72 Atkins fan & steer clear of the bars & shakes but at the moment I'm in limbo. My real reason for posting here is to wish you (even more) success. :)

Thanx for the well wishes.

I am sorry your in limbo, hope it is not getting you down, keep on smiling :D

Yep Atkins 72 seems the best for me, the weight just doesn't seem to shift otherwise.

Atkins 72 is certainly working for me after Exante! Loving it at the moment :0) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well based on what i've seen over last 10 months - most people struggle if they include daily bars. Either their sweet tooth stays/runs rampant and/or insulin still affected by polyls (in the bars) so they are starving all the time

Also new one allows you things like tomatoes - sorry they can stall too (sigh)

If you want to be really successful - go for 72 or "clean and green" (ie stick to protein plus veg and avoid too many processed packaged foods)

Good luck

So is that the only differences between old and new? Just wondering.
If so that means I am following the old too. And it seems to be working.
Got a free bar in the post earlier this week from Atkins, halfed it with my hubby and felt headachey and not right rest of the day. So had already decided to steer clear.
Now that you mention it to after the bar it made me feel like I wanted more. Interesting

The old version was 'stricter' and that suited a lot of people. For people like me - vegetarians - the many reviews and amendments over the years have been a bonus. So I prefer the more recent books. Whatever works best for you as an individual, whatever suits you - is the one to go for.

I echo what others have said - the bars, shakes, cakes, cereals etc cause so many to stall or even regain. They are best avoided or kept as very occasional treats. When Dr Atkins passed away his widow set up the Atkins Foundation. It does NOT approve of the 'candy bars' marketed by Atkins Nutrionals. They are totally separate companies. On the official site, The Atkins Community, reference is often made to this fact, even though the site features ads for those products. I would imagine this pays for the site! But pure Atkins would cut out or severly limit such foods.

I have to say that sometimes, if you are DESPERATE for chocolate or whatever, an Atkins bar can be a diet-saver. Even so - use with great caution!

Thanks girly, I have been a follower of the old way as it worked best for me personally.

The bars and shakes just confused me, I didn't realize that the Atkins Foundation was separate and doesn't really approve of the products.

I'll stick to the old way, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

i am glad the new changes help you, it was a shame veggies couldn't benefit from Atkins, glad that has changed.

Back