Atkins after Exante??

triage999

Gold Member
I am thinking of giving Atkins another whirl after a month or so on Exante....

Ideally I want to be down to 10st 4 at least by christmas and don't want to sabotage myself by coming off Exante and piling weight on with Atkins......

I did Atkins many years ago now in my late teens early 20's and failed after about two weeks as got sick of eating meat and fattening stuff with little success, but to be honest I don't think I prepared myself enough and just dove straight in without reading up on it properly!

Sooooooo, what's peoples opinions of this, will it work after following a VLCD or will I just pile huge amounts on?? :rolleyes:

Ta

Jo x

Hi Jo,

I went from Lighter Life (lost 2 stone) to Atkins (lost another 5lb and then maintained) and i've just had 3 weeks on SW in which i lost and put back on the same 3lb each week lol. I now know for sure that my body just doesn't like carbs! So i'm back to Atkins.

Give Atkins a try, it'll take a while for your body to adjust to food again but it's a great lifetime plan and you'll never go hungry :)

I lost mine on Exante and am now on Atkins for maintenance, I just took it easy on how much I ate on the changeover and gained a little the first week but have been ok since when I have stuck to it, if I go off it for any length of time and eat a lot of carbs the weight goes back on quite quickly so I know this is the only way for me to keep it off. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks all, I'm going to try and stick Exante out fir another month, I'll be down to around my goal weight hopefully by then! I can then start playing around with adding food etc.....

Off to London tomorrow to see Rihanna and going to enjoy a meal whilst there but take a leaf from Atkins and omit the carbs!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back