Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Atkins Bars / drinks and shakes?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Daisys, 23 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Daisys

Daisys Member

Hi
    Are all the atkins ready made bars , drinks etc vegetarian ?

Can they be taken as total meal replacements
    ie : 3 a day and no food ?

The reason I ask is that I am 1 month into the cambridge diet and its going well for me .

However the consultant lives 40 mins away and the tetra pack drinks cost nearly £2 each !
    It cost's over £200 a month.

Boots has a special offer on atkins tetra drinks for only £1.25 each and I have a shop 5 mins away .

Has anyone swapped from cambridge SS to atkins ?

Maybe I should ask this in the cambridge forum ?

I hope you can help

Thank You

:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    To be honest I wouldn't recommend it. If cost is an issue though have you considered Exante? A bumper pack of 4 weeks products is only £100 (plus postage) and they are all suitable for vegetarians.

4. Daisys

Daisys Member

Thanks Joanne:jelous:
    I have never heard of exante .
    but i'm off to do some research now !

I've had a look at celebrity slim , tony ferguson etc but I HATE!! the packet shakes , so I just use theCD porridge , soup's , bar's and tetras.
    I love the tetras but cant find another plan that does them :sigh:
    Hopefully exante does them, or maybe I can mix the plans and only use the atkins tetras ? it would probably still be much cheaper for me:jelous:

Thanks for the info

5. JoanneM

JoanneM Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    As far as I know cd are the only ones who do the tetras. Exante definitely don't but the shakes are much thicker than cd and really nice hot with a spoonful of coffee. The Exante forum on here is a font of information and you'll find a lot of people who have swapped over to it from other vlcds due to price.

6. Daisys

Daisys Member

Thanks for the heads up !
    I'm reading the exante forum and website now , think it will most certainly be cheaper for me !
    So will give it a go can only try the packet shakes but the cambridge ones made me physically sick :sigh:

Thanks

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.