Atkins to partial VLCD - interesting!

Having been on 20-30 net carbs daily for a long long time now I recently started to use VLCD meals twice a day and a low carb meal in the evenings. Hmmm...

The result has been a huge and immediate increase in appetite and cravings! I did worry that this might happen. The 60g carbs per day average of the VLCD leads to very effective ketosis because the calories are so low. I am not doing a VLCD... With the low calorie approach the extra carbs are making me hungry.

Even so I must persevere and fight back because I don't want to spend the foreseeable future clinging to Induction level carbs. That is not 'proper' Atkins! The objective is to be able to reintroduce carbs until a comfortable level has been reached. I don't want a future of almost no fruit! I am fed up with just the occasional portion of melon and berries.... lol.

This is a valuable learning experience and I fully intend to benefit from it.

That is really interesting girlygirl, thanks for posting this!

I am coming from the oppersite direction, on a VLCD and am starting to incorporate Atkins principles in my newly instated 1 meal a day. I have found the cravings overwhelming but I am sort of pleased to read it may be related to the carb levels in the VLCD products. Gives me hope that I can do Atkins successfully without the powdered products!

hey,the same thing happened to me as soon as i started to use pro femme by tony quinn with my low carb i craved soo bad! i had to stop taking it and wasted 50 euro on it! i figured i was craving because the shakes had glucose and sweeteners in it? has your shakes got either of those? i find it better now without meal replacements!

Now that is interesting.

how you getting on GG x

Back