Atkins

Thanks for that hun.. God, i have soooo many diet books i could start a book shop!!!! lol No atkins tho!
I suffer with Cyclothymia, so i understand completely where you are coming from!
Yeah, its definately wierd kinda sooo close, but sooo far i want to get there sooo much and i know i can do it and ahould be able to maintain...fingers crossed i have it sussed xxxx
Trots of to amazon to buy the book! xx

Cyclothymia- never heard of that before........I will look it up......Always think its a chicken/egg type situation with me carbs and depression
looked it up that is really interesting. hope its not too disruptive for you though. Sounds like a kind of creative state of mind....

I've just been reading the refeed / maintainance leaflet that came with me shakes as I'm prolly on TFR for another month or so & then I'll refeed & switch across... I did Atkins 5 years ago or summat & did lose weight but gained it again... think I needed the total break of LT TRF to retrain my palate & my head... I'm deffo gonna go lo-carb whether GL or Atkins...

Hi Nic,

I have lost weight in the past on Atkins and always felt very well on it, losts lean meats and salads, berries, few nuts bit of cream.

Didn't keep it off, but not cos of Atkins, cos of me hence the liportim two years on. I think it will really suit you, and is healthy if sensibly followed.Wow on being at this point, well done x

I suffer with Chlamydia...

Blimey Nics :eek:

I know keeping your legs together is difficult now that you've got that gap at the top of your thighs but still.....

;):D

Blimey Nics :eek:

I know keeping your legs together is difficult now that you've got that gap at the top of your thighs but still.....

;):D
LMFAO HD You qoute medeler!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: Definatley don't have that!!!!! sod!!!

Hey cherub :D Don't really have a clue about Atkins (learned a lot from this thread though!) but I do know that my aunt did it and before she looked like Barbie's fat cousin and now she looks like Barbie's more attractive younger sister! She's kept the weight off too and for a good couple of years!

Good luck honey! I'm sure you'll do great at whatever you choose to do anyway, but a little extra luck never hurt no one!

(I'm fully aware of all of the double negatives for all of you grammar sticklers out there thank you! lol)

Lol loving the gammar comment...i am sooo bad for picking my mum up on that heheh
Barbie eh...o lala xxx sounds fab and even more fab she has maintained
Yeah, i have also learned lots from this!Atkins was one of the diets i have never looked into xx
Thanks for the luck xxx

Atkins is fab hun. You cannot believe that you can eat Bacon, eggs, toms, mushrooms for BF....or my favorite for BF was asparagus wrapped in bacon dipped into lovely soft boiled eggs...yum! For lunch I'd have a Tuna salad and for Dinner I'd have chicken breast with green veg and sugar free jelly with cream for dessert......all this and stay in ketosis. A couple of coffees thrown in and hey presto....a days dieting done. FAB.

Shaz how much on average do you lose eating that daily??

I was practically at goal, but I lost 3lbs my first week (I went straight from SS+), then 1.5 the next two weeks. I do know that some on the low carb thread have struggled. I'm not sure why that is. Just make sure you avoid the Atkins bars (they have been many peoples downfall) as these 'stall' a lot of peoples weight loss. Keep the water intake up...very important. Maybe don't have a full cooked brekky every day as Egg yokes are high in colesterol (sp?)....I sometimes had a 4 egg omlette, but with only one yoke. It means its not too high in bad fats, but very filling.

I have the Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution book, it has loads of good advice in there.

Good luck with whatever you decide hun.x

Cheers hun...ooo i couldnt stomach a full breakfast in the morning anyway...not a breakfast peson xxxx

Likewise! When I have breakfast I feel ill and then ravenous waaaayyy before I would normally eat!

I have seen some low carb milshakes in tesco for 99p i think they will be brekfast xx

Hehe that sounds like a good idea :)

Back