Attack ?

Can I ask is there a limit to how many egg whites you can have a day?

I hope not because I've just had 4:eek: (hardboiled) with smoked salmon. Can't eat any more:D.

No limit on egg whites.

Just made my galette with the recommended 4 TSB of Oat Bran (being a vegetarian) and it was soo huge, as I used the 2 egg whites I had left over! Just had half only, will have the other half for breakie.

So I went on the Website and it says 2 days of attack for me, tomorrow will be cruise. I have prepared protein only as I havent read up to that far in the book and will now need to speed read tonight!!

OMG don't think I could cope with being a veggie on this regime - although maybe it'd be worth it to get the extra bran allowance!

I hope not because I've just had 4:eek: (hardboiled) with smoked salmon. Can't eat any more:D.

Hi Laura! I eat so may eggs as well; I dread to think how many times I buy them from the village shop every week - they must wonder what on earth I am doing with them! I always eat the yolks too :ashamed0005:

I too am eating tons of eggs and I also always eat the yolks except when I need a yolk to make a mayo of some kind which I like to use in my galette wraps and to use with my salad on pv days, then when I have an omlette I use up any left over egg whites in the fridge with that.

Kay x

i just kind of figure that I will deal with the weight first; my cholesterol is slightly high anyway but hadn't gone up when it was last checked. The weight is more of a worry to me.

Well in all honesty we had dinner late and I was only having the galette because we have to. Ive just taken my MV and in about 30 mins I plan to be in bed! Reading for 20 mins to know exactly what to so for PV day 1 or should I PP the first day? But then that makes it 3 days of attack... so really must read up tonight and PV tomorrow.

Night all, I think i must go.

xx

I don't like hardboiled yolks or if a fried egg is overcooked and the yolk is hard (makes my mouth feel dry) otherwise I'd eat them!:eek:

Well in all honesty we had dinner late and I was only having the galette because we have to. Ive just taken my MV and in about 30 mins I plan to be in bed! Reading for 20 mins to know exactly what to so for PV day 1 or should I PP the first day? But then that makes it 3 days of attack... so really must read up tonight and PV tomorrow.

Night all, I think i must go.

Night - wish I could go to bed now:D

Last edited:
I use crabsticks when I have boiled eggs! (and unroll one and mop up the yolk left on the plate afterwards:eek:).

Yeah asparagus deffo calls for drinking extra water or a clothes peg when you pee.

Crabsticks frighten me, I dunno if its the colour or the smell.

Crabsticks have no relation whatsoever to fish!! haaaa! (AND, worse still, they're addictive!!)

I love runny yolks too... it's the closest to a sauce I'm likely to get for lunches here...

Bren - interesting you say 4 tablespoons oatbran for a vegetarian (cos of the carbs)... t'will be interesting to see whether you get into ketosis with that much. Perhaps have half for breakfast (Jet and I are addicted to muffins, she likes hers sweet and I prefer savoury), and the other half as "bread" for with tea?

Egg yolks and cholesterol ... hmm... what can I say. In the original French book, eggs are unlimited, yolks 'n' all, UNLESS you have a known cholesterol issue. But, most probably wouldn't know anyway!! The oatbran is known to help with cholesterol and, in France, I have my cholesterol tested each year and it has gone up - I won't lie to you - but it's the GOOD that has gone up and not the BAD. (Unfortunately, in the UK, they only give you the "total" so it's all pretty useless really...).

I just counted how many I eat a week and am shocked (18?). I do "lose" a yolk in muffins and scrambled eggs, but couldn't bring myself to lose the yolk in a boiled egg and just eat the white...

Mouse you could have Dukan bread soldiers...

Back