Attempting the diary thing again (not strictly dukan)

I love London, we go every october on a private hire train organised by morpeth round table....its women only hundreds of us.....we decorate our carriages up with xmas decks its fab spend the day there we have a meal and see a show then there's alway a theme on the train back everyone gets dressed up...lol last time it was st. Trinians....what a site hundreds of women all ages, all sizes dressed as school girls and madams lol when we went through stations we waved and get gobsmacked looks hahahah

oh Jaq I wish you could see the BEAM on my face (and at this unearthly hour, that's amazing in itself!). I'm SOOOO thrilled for you! And delighted too that you're moving back to the Smoke.

I lived in Hammersmith in 1982 (student nurse at the Masonic Hospital!), then Finchley for three years before moving to Paris. I love London!

When do you start work?

Start on the 16th, just sent off my reference form for the room, peace of mind its not a scam (so many about), have my offer letter for the job so all is official.
Will be spending today sorting ready to pack into taking with me and storing at the parentals.

Tomorrow Im in london, no agenda, was due to see a room but dont need to now.
Then my sister will be down and we're taking dad out for his birthday and going shopping.

Last night had some goodbye drinks, surprised to be awake. Best hit the gym soon.

Firstly I'm loving reading about your plans, sounds so "get up and go" LOVE IT!! :D Excited for you xxx

Secondly Siddid - I wanna be on that train!! :D:D:D lol x

Soooo not been dieting. Originally aimed to start back today but that has been revised to Monday coming or the one after, depending if I can get organised this weekend or not.

I've spent Easter with the family, moved stuff from Bristol to the parents and partially moved stuff to London, settled in new room, started new job, booked some shows, it's all gogogo.

This week I'm pretty much on plus fruit during the day, plus carbs some evenings.
If I'm moving more stuff this weekend I'll not have time to get organised til next weekend.

My new flatmates are lovely, both likely as not to work weekends which helps with kitchen prep.

Should have more time to get online in evenings again now so hopefully will be on more.

Glad you're back, if not back on dukan, glad you're posting updates :D

Move to London sounds like a refreshing change, shows, new jobs, new abodes :) - does it feel good?

Have you been weighing yourself during all of this or just gonna deal with that on restart? - plus fruit and a bit of extra carbs while you've been so busy shouldn't be too bad :) all the lugging stuff around will no doubt burn some serious calories :D

Is the commute a long one? Get much walking in to/from work?

How long you been living in the smoke now?

START POSTING!!:D:D:D XXXX

welcome back :)

Yeah dying to hear how the new life is shaping up... Being in a city is such fun! x

Still not sorted on food front, or gym. Back to choir though :)

Have friends in town sat so Sunday I should be able to get organised, depending how alcoholic sat night is.

Flat is good, commute is good, job is weird. I'm sleeping okay but waking early.
Walking 2 miles a day, must be helping a bit.
Especially when I go fast (for me) trying to make the early train home.

Have good control of hunger but I'm not making good evening meal choices, yet. Need to get back into the protein habit, considering avoiding ketosis. We shall see.

Went to see Matt Lucas and the NYMT on Sunday, was great to be able to do the Sunday one offs again.

Good to read you. Tell us more about "weird job"! Most intriguing.
I'm glad flat and commute re good... I always wake early so...

As you're out of ketosis, like me, why not give it a try indeed? I lost 11 stone healthy eating without ketosis (hardly rocket science), eating plenty of fruit and veg every day, and in fact weighed less when I started Dukan than I currently do (AND have been pretty "good" recently!). For us long timers, perhaps this is the way forward... who knows...

Have a good weekend!
x

Welcome back to London! I personally couldn't live anywhere else.

I imagine it would be hard to get back into the 'bizarre' regime of Dukan when so much in your life is new. I'd be inclined to agree with Maintainer that healthy eating could be the way forward, at least for the time being. But only you know whether you're in the right state of mind to plunge back into pp/pv. Good luck.

Thanks all.
I knew I missed London and was unhappy with my lack of social life out west. But can't quite believe just how much happier I am being back and so quickly.

Friends are falling over themselves to meet up for coffee/drinks/shows.
I'm back to choir and enjoying being worked hard.

I'm not yet back in the gym, need to work out my weekend routine, not sure if my early morning will fit in, or rather I need an alternative for weeks when I have other commitments.

Food as mentioned in sarahs thread I think I'll get off the carbs over the 3day weekend. Or at least the sugar, but I might attempt limited carbs/healthy eating but scared etc.

I do need to be flexible due to nights out straight from work, my bestie is doing the biggest loser club, she's losing well atm, will see how she does longer term, she is hungry though....

Work still weird, I'm finding my way round their system but not launched into my job properly yet.

It's great to see you're happy and back in the social scene. What a good idea to get back off the carbs over the three day weekend. I'd hate to see you undo all your good work. Healthy eating is a good way forward :)

Love you Jaqys!! :D...

so glad things are going well for you, 2012 onwards and upwards!! :) Silver linings for everyone!!

onwards and downwards for the scales :) think all the positive feelings really help, when you're feeling happy you can conquer anything PMA (positive mental attitude) :)

big hugs xxx

You too doll.

Lovely night last night, being out the house= no snacking, but a glass of wine and some protein from a fast food place on way home .

Have just installed an app called The eatery, you take pictures of all your meals and people rate them on a fit to fat scale. A way to keep yourself accountable, and an easy way to record things.
Plan to start on sat.

Was planning a quiet weekend of protein but have been invited to some events :) will see how the eating goes on the run.

Gym tomorrow.

Gym done, well only a short stint on xtrainer but I went and it's the first time in weeks. Will try a few more branches before I decide on a regular place .

Eggs consumed, picture snapped waiting impatiently for the shops to open.

Guess I'm back.

welcome back :D

welcome back Jaqys :)

I now expect hourly updates on everything that passes your lips :D

just kidding, hope you're having a good Monday xxx

Hourly updates, hmmmmm. Forgot my phone today :( so not been snapping my food.
(turkey breakfast, lunch rocket, sliced meat, yogurt, dinner eggs n mushrooms).

Also realised that my scales and oatbran (along with other longlife foods and my tupperware) is at the parentals. Bother.

Ate a lot of chicken yesterday and sunday. Feel okay, not in ketosis yet, as not peeing for england, but eating some low carb veg anyway, will keep dairy to just a small yogurt and I'll probs be there tomorrow.

Had a fun weekend, ish, lazed a bit much, made a last minute dash to rock of ages sunday to see my fave understudy, got to the boxoffice about an hour before the show and they sold me a good seat at dayseat price :) didnt even ask for a discount. Thought that meant it would be quite empty but it was pretty full. I so love being ale to do things without planning around cheap travel and travelodge sales.

your leisure time in london sounds great hun :) good time to move as well with it being the start of summer :) olympics etc, loads to do!

are you going straight onto cruise? no attack phase? xx

Back