Attention mums: what are you favourite family meals?

saraian24

Gold Member
Hope im allowed to ask this but im wondering what to cook for my lot - Im a basic sort of cook. I cant do fancy but I can cook. Favourite family meals needed please!

I need help with this too! I have a 7 yr old which is pretty easy as she will eat most things, its my one yr old i am having trouble with, most of the food ends up on the floor, and she dismantles sandwiches etc lol! I end up giving her a selection of salad/fruit/veg for lunch, and dinner is even harder!!! Last night she had cheese on toast, which was great - except she ate all the cheese and not the toast!!! LOL!!!!

How about Jacket potato cheese and beans? Both my girls will eat that without complaint :) xxx

I have a nearly 3 year old and this week have made all sorts- SW lasagne, chilli and rice, chicken wrapped in bacon with SW chips and roasted veg, roast dinner. Tonight we are havin chicken in bacon again with spicy rice, home made salsa and homemade "sour cream and chives" (Lidl fat free cream cheese mixed with chopped chives and garlic salt).
Cooking up a big batch of tomato-based sauce with loads of super free veggies is always a great idea because you can add it to pasta, use it as a base for bolognese or chilli or soup or many other things. You can freeze it too.

I have an awkward one year old too rara! I have to give him his main meal in the afternoon as he is a nightmare with food. He likes very basic food but does love fruit and veg thank god!

I like eating and trying new recipies but im not to keen on cooking them lol. I have a 5 year old who can be quite fussy with food, but he does love a roast with chicken, beef or pork and he loves a stir-fry with steak, noodles, peppers, onions and mushrooms and i'm using blue dragon sauces atm until i get more of the ingredients to make a homemade sauce. Hope this helps :)

My little one is 20 months and she's pretty good at eating most things... She does prefer veg and fruit over anything else
We have
Spag Bol
Pork steaks with mash and mixed veg
SW chicken chow mein
Homemade burgers and chips with salad
Sausages mash and mixed veg
Cottage pie and mixes veg.
All these are a winner with both us and imi. For a baby it seems bizzare but she loves salad :) x

The Beef & bean hot pot in the "All in One " book is gorgeous, my hubby and the kids licked the plates clean

Back