ATTENTION RC MEMBERS!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
It has come to our attention that the Rosemary Conley Forum is attracting what we regard as Social Network Spam where the only reason that members come into this forum is to hook up with other MFP members.

The reason we allow links to MFP is for the tickers and tools on their site.

It is against our terms of service to actively solicit members to join other weight loss forums as this defeats our purpose for being here.

The Rosemary Conley Forum in the last four weeks has become more of a re-direct for MFP than for actual members using the forum for help and support on their weight loss journey.

As from today we are removing all threads where members have mentioned joining MFP to show how little the forum is being used and has practically become redundant as a forum.

Unless we see signs of an active forum where members use it to participate we are thinking of shutting down this forum as it is only attracting Social Network Spam which takes up to much of our time.

Admin

Hi there,
You have removed my comments and I only mentioned that I use the app.
I only use it for my own purpose (to log my daily diary and weekly weight loss) and do not intend to use it as a weight loss forum.
I just think that it is a really useful tool to have when doing the RC diet.
I have never posted on this site b4 and to be honest your quite abrupt msg has put me off doing so in the future.

That's a bit harsh to say to someone who has only just joined the forum getting slim!

I don't have a problem with the original msg, it could have been a bit better worded but if that's the view fair enough.

I don't really comment on mfp itself that's not why I mention it, it's a good tool and helps to see the food diaries of others to get ideas. I'd rather chat on here.

What I will say though is that the RC forum is well hidden compared to WW and SW it's almost as though they are more favoured. More users may come forward if it had the same prominence. Just trying to be constructive!

Yourself and Tractor girl are the only two who have genuinely posted on the forum in over a week regarding RC as you can see once I removed all the MFP threads there is not much left to read.

If the RC forum here on MiniMins is going to be used for its intended purpose it will stay...

There are no objections to members posting their MFP id's crystal but people are joining here specifically to get people to join.

Its NOT just a food tracking site - it has a lot more to it than that and we're actually lucky Admin allow any kind of links to it. The fact theres a forum etc on it it is grounds for it not being allowed.

I agree that if the RC forum was more prominent like ww /sw then hopefully more people would use it or be aware that its there
Istruggle using any forum it seems the moment i post then i get bored and swop to another diet plan

The Slimming World and Weight Watchers forums started off which just a couple of dedicated members who posted very regularly between themselves and this drew the attention of others to join them when they seen how well they were getting on and gradually they grew over time to what they are today...it is the same for all forums.

I have asked RC members to do a thread explaining what Rosemary Conley's diet is about and how it works and have said that I would be it on a sticky but as you can see I am still waiting...I think newbies who have not decided on a diet as yet might just decide to do RC if they were a thread that explained it.

Members have to be proactive on the forum by setting up monthly challenges and long term ones, daily or weekly weigh ins, posting recipes ideas and the big one to remember is that a forum is a two way street of giving support as well as taking it which is very important, everyone who is a member of the forum is free to go ahead and do what is needed and take the lead when they see what is missing.

If you look at the stickies on the WW or SW you might get some ideas what is needed here.

Thank you mini il see what i can come up with tonight and take a look at the other forums for ideas like you said.
I'm not great at drawing things up like that but im willing to give it a go.

Thank you that is very much appreciated as I would find it very helpful to direct newbies to it if they ask about RC.:thankyou:

right ive done some research and have a rough copy of what i want to put down so ill draft it up tomorrow quite excited really wish me luck never done this before but also never felt this about a diet programme before feel quite positive and had good results with RC in the pass. dont really want to lose this forum.

I am a new starter on rosemary conley but have used many other diets from vlcd to other slimming clubs and initially I thought there was no forum for Rosemary Conley as it is hidden. Maybe if it was as prominent as SW and WW etc more people would use it. Having been a member of minimims for years I was willing to search as I felt sure there would be a RC forum somewhere but I'm sure that new members would probably give up thinking there wasnt a section for us.

I am a new starter on rosemary conley but have used many other diets from vlcd to other slimming clubs and initially I thought there was no forum for Rosemary Conley as it is hidden. Maybe if it was as prominent as SW and WW etc more people would use it. Having been a member of minimims for years I was willing to search as I felt sure there would be a RC forum somewhere but I'm sure that new members would probably give up thinking there wasnt a section for us.

Thank you for your observations and I am willing to give it a trial run as a stand alone forum to see how it goes.

The RC forum is now a stand alone forum with its own sub forums.

Back