Auburn Jenny's Diary

Last night was the first night that I didn't stick to the plan.

Well, technically I did stick to the plan, I just added a few more bits - I was studying half heartedly and that usually leads to me eating junk...

I was way better than I would have usually been, I had a pitta with cheese and tomatos, and subsequently burnt my mouth, so had a couple of scoops of low-fat vanilla icecream to soothe that...
It took me 5 points over my allowance, so I can easily claw that back I think.

Still gutted though.

Anyway, today is a new day..!

Breakfast - Beans on toast, not easy with a burnt mouth! [4]
Snacks - Yogurt and a WW chocolate pudding [2]
Lunch - WW chicken soup [1]

That's as far as I have got today. I don't know what I will be doing, whether I am working this afternoon or taking the time off. Difficult to plan, as I don't know where I will be...

Will update tonight before bed. :)

Breakfast - Beans on toast, not easy with a burnt mouth! [4]
Snacks - Yogurt and a WW chocolate pudding [2]
Lunch - WW chicken noodle soup + a slice of bread [2.5]
Study break - Tesco HL Prawn Sanger - [4]
Tea - Thai Green Curry [6.5 and worth every mouthful... ]

Kopparberg [3.5]

Totals 23

Got 3 left...

Friday's plan -

Breakfast - scrambled eggs on toast [5]
Lunch - Pasta pot thing on the fly at work [3.5]
Dinner - WW Quiche and some potato wedges made from a baking potato. [5.5 + 2.5]

A couple of snacks I think too. Some cheesy puffs? [1] and what else... Better have a yogurt, think they are nearing the end of the shelf life haha. [1]

Total so far 18.5

Leaves a few for some snacks :)

Friday was actually -
poached eggs on toast
soup and seedy bread for lunch
some snacks
chow mein for tea.
and some granola and icecream

Total 27. Oops.

Today -
Breakfast was Toast + Jam, that apricot WW jam is really nice! 2.5
Banana and a Yogurt 2

Lunch was the Quiche that I have been putting off all week... Dont think I will have that again, it wasn't worth the 5.5 points

Had a Scone out with a cuppa tea... It was tiny. And a tiny scraping of low fat flora so 5 in total

Got a M&S Pizza for tea - Ham and Mushroom. 5.5 points, plus I might have some homemade potato wedges. I fancy a fakeaway style tea... 3 added for potato.

Totals : 23.5

I would have some Morgans too, but I dont think I should drink when I'm in a foul mood....

Hi Jen,

Just had a wee browse thru this thread, ur doing really well...keep it up.

How ru getting on with the cross trainer at the gym? I only joined the gym 2 weeks ago and could barely do 5 minutes on it but yesterday I managed 10 mins fairly easy, I couldn't believe it! It's amazing what a few sessions does!!

Linz

Thank you :)

I'm up to 6 minutes, and my legs feel too wobbly still, so rather than push too hard, I'm going to try for an extra 30 seconds a week haha, and see how I get on...

Only managed the gym twice this week due to work, so I'm not doing too badly :)

That's really inspiring though, Linz, getting up to 10 minutes already.. I might have to chase you..!!!! [hello competitive streak...] haha!!

Well Done Jen, it's amazing how u'l progress. I luv a competitive streak!! I go with 2 friends who are wee skinny mini's but not the fitest so we have a good bit of competition to spur each other on.
Apparently the cross trainer's the best thing in the gym for you so keep it up and keep us posted on how ur getting on..x

Oh cool, it's good you have people to go with! Im not that brave yet but hopefully in the new year, I'll get my pal to come along :)

Today went a bit pear-shaped, but it was in the plan, kinda...
Breakfast was poached eggs on toast for [5]
Lunch was OUT with people who don't know that I'm dietting... Had planned on a Nandos chicken pitta for 6.5 but they were way too busy so we ended up at the fresh fish restaurant, where I had breaded haddock chips n peas, I had a small portion of chips. I remembered that this was the lowest thing in the Wetherspoons menus, well Plaice chips + peas, in the Eating Out guide, so I had that. It's 8.5 for the plaice and chips, so I count 10 for this? Better safe than sorry.
Then I say OOPS cos I had dessert... It was apple betty with one scoop of icecream... Probably about 20 for that. It was bloody gorgeous though, it's amazing how much you appreciate something more when you haven't had it in so long..!
Tea tonight is a WW beef n black bean dinner for 4 points.
So apart from the desert, I wasn't too bad. And you only live once. And it won't be a habit. And I would have felt miserable if everyone else had pudding and I just had my diet coke...!

However, it genuinely was a one off, and I will be stricter next week. I have two planned socials for the run up to Christmas - One is the work party, which is a dinner and drinks. I'm driving, so on the diet pop :) One is dinner out with my dad and we are going to Yo Sushi, which is pretty low points :)
I guess me and the bloke will go out too, but he will be fine with me picking that to accommodate my diet. I'm sure he'll expect me to phone and book anyway haha. :D

I missed him today, really really... Glad he'll be back soon.!

Last edited:
Today has been:

Breakfast - Poached eggs on toast [5]
Lunch - A pitta and tin of tomato tuna stuff [3]
banana and yogurt. [2.5]
Tea will be chicken [2.5] pasta [3] and some philly and brocolli [3]
and a garlic ciabatta [3.5]

Don't know if it is wise eating before weigh in or should I save it for after?? :)

[22.5 for the day.]

I need to have more than that, Hmmm... I had planned a bigger lunch but I got here and they have gutted the kitchen to re-decorate, so I cant even heat up soup.!
I suppose I did go over last week, maybe better lower my allowance for a couple of days anyway..!

You did really well! I saw in the other thread!! Well done!

I only lost 1 lb but its still in the right direction, and i think that I understand why it happened. Namely 39 points yesterday... But at least I counted everything!!

I have written up my whole plans for the week, and I am not going to deviate from it at all. :)

Thanks Jen and congrats on 1lb even after going over yest by a few!!lol

Ur so organised to have the next week planned, think i'll take a leaf out ur book!!xx

Today is:

Breakfast - Toast and apricot jam and a cuppa tea! Gosh I needed that tea, it was -3 this morning de-icing the car! [3.5]
Morning Snack - Carrot cake and a cuppa [1.5]
Lunch - Chicken Soup and a ham n cheese sandwich [5.5]
Dinner - Garlic Mushroom Pizza. SO looking forward to that [6]
Supper - Toasted teacake and jam [3.5]

Total of 20 so far and a bit of leeway for some fruit.

I got into work this morning and It has begun... There's a tub of Celebrations next to the fruit bowl... So I have printed out a calendar for the month and every day that I DONT have a chocolate, I will have a star on my calendar. :)

Happy December people !!

Well the fruit turned into a pack of maltesers and two WW cookies... Oops. :) [5]

But the fella's on his way hoooommeeee :D

Todays plan!

Breakfast - 2 WW Sausages, 2 big mushrooms, 4 slices of bread... oops on the bread front..! Mental note to self, don't do the toast first, wait for the sausages to cook or the toast gets eaten and you need to do more.... lol [7]
Lunch - Chicken Soup - I have been counting this as 1 pt recently, however I now see it's actually [1.5]
Dinner - Mince and Tatties for the fella's return from Singapore - think 3 weeks of noodles etc has taken it's toll, he wants mince n tatties, and chocolate sponge for dessert.. hehe [7] for the dinner.
Not sure what I will have for dessert, depends what the supermarket has in the WW range...
Snacks - Yogurt, banana, and 2 WW oat digestives [3.5]

Total - [19] which leaves plenty for the dessert. :)

SO excited to see the fella soon :) :) :)

Thursday
Chicago tonight! Woohoo!!

Hi hun, I am a little bit behind as I am catching up with you diary - just wanted to know if you'd gone to see Chicago musical??? I live in Londong and
I am the biggest fan of this musical. I already have seen it so many times....
Either way, I am sure you had a smashing evening xx
You are doing brilliantly so far - absolutely love your attitude. You go girl xxxxx

Last edited:
Thank you Mini :D Yes, it was amazingly good, such a good performance!!!

I now have tickets for Stomp! And I am looking to see something else in Edinburgh as not a lot comes to Aberdeen to be honest, but need to harass the fella about that first..! hahaha!!x

Stomp is fabulous - I went to see it last year - very energising performance. You'll love it.
I went to see Oliver in October and liked it (obviously not as much as Chicago!!lol) Now I really want to see some Ballet (prefferably Russian) over Xmas - I treat myself this way every year. My stupid ex never shared my love to musicals but instead my sister loves it and always appreciate it when we can go.
Hope you are having good day sweetie....

Hi Jen

Thanks for looking in on my diary. You are doing really well and I have gained some good ideas from looking at your diary. You make it look really easy! Do you find it easier than SW or did you just fancy a change?

Look forward to looking in on you again.

Lesley

Mini - Oliver, I would love to see that!! :D
Lesley - I went from SW to Calorie counting as I felt I was eating too big a portion on SW :) Making the most of the all-you-can-eat policy! But on CC I felt it was too neurotic for me, lots of little numbers... I find weightwatchers easier to fit in, and, not that Im doing it for what anyone else thinks, but people seem more encouraging if you are counting POINTS rather than CALORIES...!! I guess its the same principle as counting but I like that its friendlier! Plus I wanted some group support again!! :D

Just a quickie update while I'm running around like a blue-bummed fly..!

Breakfast today - Bacon butty - 4

Lunch - Quorn Chilli, wrap and cheese :D - 6.5

Teabreak snack - Belgian Chocolate Slice and a cuppa - 1.5

Dinner - I think will be a curry of some sort...

Im off work today and not back in til Monday. The fella's home, so I went to his and I made mince n tatties for tea last night, which was niiiiice. I boycotted it too while he was away haha, and it was a lovely change to have "normal tea" again!

Proper home-cooked grub for a couple of days I think.

Back