Auburn Jenny's Diary

Hi Auburn and all.
I am a November WW starter...I would love to hang out with you as my start weight goal weight and start time is very similar so we can support each other as we go on ;-) And I really need the support. I am doing WW with my friend who has only got 1st to loose but as she said that 1st will be as hard to loose as my huge stones!!!! Ah well we all have to start somewhere...
I have had a rough time of it though in the last few days..ended up in A&E with my back in spasm..its an on going thing but went really bad..collapsed in a shopping center with pain and very nearly vomited with the pain..but I am now on really strong meds and have to take it easy, which doesn't go well when you are trying to get exercise to shift some xtra lard..ah well slowly does it.
Anyway really looking forward to the support and keeping up with everyones progress and seeing mine on a weekly basis i suppose.
Am very scared tho..stupid I know..i have my weigh in this evening so fingers crossed..but if I have not lost anything Ill just have to try harder..
:) ;)

We do all indeed start somewhere :)
I understand what your friend means, her target is the same hurdle for her, the same importance as yours is to you. The number's just a number.
What about getting a pedometer for walking? I've never managed to stick to it, but I need to get moving tbh. I have been to the gym a couple of times but it is hard to get motivated. Especially at the beginning, it's not bad once you get into the swing...!

Let us know how your weigh in went :D And don't give up if it doesn't go quite right tonight, Promise yourself at least 4 weeks on it to get settled into the routine and get used to the plan :) We'll do this!!!

I had a WW thai red curry for my tea, and it is sooooooooooo good. I have a strong admiration for Thai food, quite recent. Infact, it's nearly my first Thai Meal Anniversary haha, the fella took me for thai for my birthday :)

Then I nicked 5 chips off me mum.... oops. :)

Hi Auburn and all.
I am a November WW starter...I would love to hang out with you as my start weight goal weight and start time is very similar so we can support each other as we go on ;-) And I really need the support. I am doing WW with my friend who has only got 1st to loose but as she said that 1st will be as hard to loose as my huge stones!!!! Ah well we all have to start somewhere...
I have had a rough time of it though in the last few days..ended up in A&E with my back in spasm..its an on going thing but went really bad..collapsed in a shopping center with pain and very nearly vomited with the pain..but I am now on really strong meds and have to take it easy, which doesn't go well when you are trying to get exercise to shift some xtra lard..ah well slowly does it.
Anyway really looking forward to the support and keeping up with everyones progress and seeing mine on a weekly basis i suppose.
Am very scared tho..stupid I know..i have my weigh in this evening so fingers crossed..but if I have not lost anything Ill just have to try harder..
:) ;)

Hi sweetie, hope you are feeling better!
Good luck with ur first WI - trust me it's a big step to actualy start doing smthg abt our weight.
Welcome to the most amazing weight loss resource - I couldn't do this without Minimins and all the support from wonderful ppl on the forum. Loving your attitude - that's the half of your success already. Keep us all updated -will be rooting for you hun xx

I have barely kept track of what I have eaten the past two days... I have spent a wonderful couple of days with the fella, since we were both off work, and that, my friends, is a complete rarity...

Friday -
Poached eggs on toast for breakfast - 5
A small fruit scone - 3
Lasagne for lunch - 8? it was a small portion, and lacked flavour so couldn't have been much in it... lol
Tea was pasta, pesto and chicken - 7.5
And 3 glasses of Morgans. :) - 3

Today -
Poached eggs on toast lol - 5
Sweet chilli Chicken and extralight mayo on brown bread - 6
A slice of homemade choccie cake -4
WW Thai Red Curry - 5.5
general snacks/grazing - 5

Add to this, 6 hours trailing round shops, and 4 hours kicking his ass on the Wii... hehe
It's been a good couple of days. Shame its all back to normal now..
Need to pull le diet back... big style.!

Hello there,
Great that you had fab time with your beau!!!And your diet diary looks rather healthy so very well done for keeping on track.
Have a great rest of the weekend xx

Cheers Mini, he's now gone into typical bloke-quiet-mode and I'm about ready to smack him... lol!!

Life has taken an unappreciated turn for the worst seemingly overnight. I am not going to go into details in public, family stuff, but merely deal with things as usual - on my own lol.
Trying not to resort to comfort food.

Breakfast today was a taste sensation. Scrambled eggs on toast with a spoonful of onion+herby philly stirred in - 6 points there
Lunch - Not sure, it will either be a crappy pasta snack pot for 3.5 or a sandwich from the shop, depending what they have left when I get out my meeting.
Then dinner will be stirfried chicken with pepper and stuff, maybe some rice. I'm not sure yet... Whatever's about ready to walk out the fridge. I had loads of healthy stuff in for the weekend, then ended up eating out, so I'm a bit behind..!

I've got weigh in tonight and I'm not overly hopeful to be honest. I hope I have lost 1lb at least but would try to be satisfied with a STS.

I'm really angry today. I cant decide if I want to smack someone or burst into tears. Probably the latter... Eurgh. Hate being a girl.

Awww, one of these days, isn't?

Don't be too harsh on yourself - sometimes we need to be kinder to ourselves and let go. You are doing so well hun - I am sure your wi will be OK. Good luck for later xxxx

Good luck for later Jen! Hope things improve soon and you are feeling more cheerful.

Lesley

Thanks Lesley, Mini.. you guys are ace. :)

Unfortunately, it was a 2lb gain but I got told to consider the following after a chat with the consultant :

1 - Eating out.
2 - More booze than usual
3 - Cake, baked by me and the fella. It was ok, the cake.. it was the icing made of double cream and bournville that buggered that up
4 - impending TOTM
5 - I ate tea before I went to weigh in
6 - I WORE JEANS TO WEIGH IN <- Idiot...

Anyway, I was a bit miffed. I had expected +1lb, but not 2... And she said to go and get my favourite bar of chocolate, and enjoy that with a cuppa tea, and attack it fresh tomorrow. So a kitkat chunky caramel and a cuppa later, Im feeling better tbh. Its just a blip, I have a lot of them... and I have plenty motivation to do this. I just need to focus on my willpower, and SAY NO FOR GODS SAKE!!!

In other news, I got a shirt in the New Look sale, in a size 20, and it actually FITS already...
So that's good.!
Just need someone to take me out and show me off... Pfft. Men are crap. Well one is. Grumble... would it kill him to say "you look nice" just freaking once in a year?!?!?!!! Im getting mad with him. lol

Hi jen, just catchin up........hope ur feelin better, just forget about the last week and start a fresh tomoro and stay 100%....u know u can do it and if ur strugglin come on here and shout..x

I'm going to do the "Fast Start" for a kick start this week.
That's 22 points for me.

Today:
Breakfast - Toast and Jam [3]
Morning Snack - Cuppa tea and a caramel Kit Kat - [2]
Lunch - WW Country Veg Soup [1.5] and a ham sandwich, provided that lasts til lunchtime, it looks rather tasty.. [4]
Dinner - Teriyaki tuna steak [3] and potatoes roasted in fry-light [2.5]

Total of 16 so far. I would like to save a couple of points towards tomorrow's lunch - We're getting takeaway pizza at work, and I will have 3 slices of pepperoni goodness. SO looking forward to it. I have allowed for 10 points in my allowance tomorrow, plus whatever I save today.

A new day :) :) Have a good one, people!

6 - I WORE JEANS TO WEIGH IN <- Idiot...

Oh, dear - did you know that jeans weigh 1lb itself!!! I am very careful as to what I am wearing for wi so I do try to wear the same clothes each week. Unless I have a very bad week then I feel like going in my underwear. haha
Remember week when I knew I haven't lost anything but yet, did my clothes trick and wore as little as possible and managed to show 1lb loss!! Talking about creativity lol
I used to have problems with cravings as well but managed to get rid of them.
You know that carbs and sugar are more addictive than many ppl believe.
So more you have it - more you want it.
That's how our bodies are designed and given the choice of having easy fuel (carbs and sugar) or actualy having to work to get fuel they will always opt for an easy way out. It's a vicious circle and only you can brake it. My advice would be to try to go through detox which would mean no carbs and no sweets for next 3 days and increase your protein intake. You can have loads of things: chicken, mushrooms, peppers, carb-free pasta (it does exist!!!), steak, cottage cheese, all vegetables and fruits you can think of. It's though for the first 3 days and then it gets easier. I followed it for a while and actualy once you switch there is nothing which would tempt you any longer.
Don't have to go full on - you could start with limiting your sugar intake - it makes wonders to your will power once you switch. And most important - drink lots and lots of water - you should be aiming for at least 2.5 - 3l a day. It makes your weight loss so much quicke. The only thing you'd have to put up with are frequent loo visits haha

Hope you are having good day hun - will catch up later. xxx

Good luck with the Fast Start Jen - you will probably get a good loss following this and it will boost your spirits. Don't feel too disappointed with your gain, it's only 2lb and will off again in no time. All the things you discussed with your consultant are valid points and will make a difference I am sure,so try and think of it as a valuable lesson learned!

Do you like soup? If so, this is only a suggestion, but a bowl of homemade free soup either as a no point snack or with your lunch/dinner, might help fill you up and help you keep your portion sizes down. This worked for me years ago when I lost 3 stone following W/W. (I can recommend the butternut squash and red pepper).

That's great that you were able to fit into the new shirt - what better motivation can you have - just think there will be more sales in the new year too!

Anyway, have a good day, stick with it.

Lesley x

I do like me soup, its finding the time to make it though, I don't spend a great deal of time in the actual house.! Weekend's I will have some nice soup. Have never worked with Butternut Squash though..!

Breakfast - [4.5]
Beans on toast 4
Slice of ham 0.5

Snack - [4]
Banana 1.5
Kit Kat 2.5

Lunch - [10]
Pizza - 3 slices of gooey pepperoni goodness

Dinner - [~3.5]
I think will have to be something simple, maybe a jacket potato for 2.5 and a small tin of tuna for 1 and a red onion for 0... OOO yummy.... I want that now..!! No wait, pizza first...

I actually, when the pizza decision was made, said I would prefer just to go and get a panini. But majority went with pizza. So 3 slices is my limit :) And I am going to enjoy it!

That totals 22 for the day - bang on. I'm probably being too generous with the pizza score, that's probably actually more than 10 pts but ... I dont know how to justify that.. haha!

I do like me soup, its finding the time to make it though, I don't spend a great deal of time in the actual house.! Weekend's I will have some nice soup. Have never worked with Butternut Squash though..!
You can actualy buy really delicious soups - try Waitrose range - they are yummy xx

Hi Jen

Your menu for today sounds far more interesting than mine!! Hope you enjoyed the pizza.

Re the soup, try this, its quick, easy tasty. I make it on a Sunday and am still eating it on Thursday - makes 4-5 mug size portions. Worth a try if you get a spare half hour.

1 large buttnernut squash chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 large red pepper chopped
1 large chilli chopped
1 clove garlic chopped
1 tin tomatoes
1 stock cube
Water

All ingredients in a saucepan, boil until veg are soft (about 20 mins) and blend.

Hope you have a good day.

Lesley X

Hi there peops...
I have been missing in action but not in diet!!!
Had to retreat to my Mum's house to get a bit of rehab for the ould back...very bad indeed. :cry:
On the plus I had my first weigh in and lost 1 Lb which considering everything I was very pleased with. Thought I would shift 1 or 2 more seeing as it was my first week but happy it was down not up!!!!:D
Jen you wont believe it but I got home last night and my OH has bought me a WII fit for an early xmas pressy:break_diet:...brilliant. Can't take full advantage of it for now until my back gets better but looking forward to having some real fun with it and exercise too!!! Maybe...ha:)

For now I have to tr and get the heating up and running before my toes get frost bite :rolleyes:

Bec x

Ah.
Accidental cock-up.
With the best intentions.
And a grovelling apology...

Last night I was meant to go to the fella's to put up the tree and the christmas decs. He ended up with a disaster at work, and long story short - he left work at 7, and I left my house, by the time I got to his, he'd ordered us a curry... I had half a chicken saag, a few spoons of rice, and a poppadom and I really enjoyed it to be honest. And the Pizza at lunch... was better than sex.. Don't tell him that though. haha

Tree looks good :D

Today, we're right on it. 22 points. Not a half-point over please, come on Jenny, focus..

Breakfast - Oatsosimple - 3.5
Snack - Banana 1.5
Lunch - Sandwich from work - 5 and a curly wurly :) 2.5
Snack - Cheesy Puffs - 1

And I have plenty of squash to have my water too. I think I maybe drink too much tea, so going to try and cut that down.

Dinner tonight - Well I have 8.5 left, so that means I'm pretty flexible for tea! I quite fancy a jacket potato, not sure what with yet though. Maybe chicken stuffed with philly, not sure.. I have all afternoon to drool about that. I mean consider my options..!

I'll catch up with everyone tonight :) I'm looking forward to my quiet night in with the internet!!!!

Ah.

I had half a chicken saag, a few spoons of rice, and a poppadom and I really enjoyed it to be honest. And the Pizza at lunch... was better than sex.. Don't tell him that though. haha

Tree looks good :D

Aww, you naughty minx.
I'm glad you enjoyed your evening and are not beating yourself for overindulging on your indian treats! Sometimes we need some time off and with you straight back on track - I can't see much of the damage done.
BTW.
You do realise missy that you might have earned some activity pts for your ...mhm, how would I put it, excercise last eve!!! haha
Good job on you tree xxxxx

Really not feeling chatty... Sorry ladies x

Breakfast
beans - 2
toast - 2
banana - 1.5
cereal - 2.5
milk - 1

Snack
Kit Kat - 2

Lunch
Bread - 2