august challenge anyone?

ohhh a merge- clever magic stuffs :D

Yeah i didnt wanna just post in here asking to do a list because i thought it'd get lost...and i thought it was cheeky to start, lol

*blushes and hides in the dark corner*

These bugs are a nightmare, my grandkids (I have 15 and another on the way, but only 3 stayed here the weekend, thought I best add that in case you thought I lived in a mansion lol), have always got something and guess who always get it :D
I have soup everyday and have done since I started on SW back in November, but not the speed soup...not tried that yet cos I am hooked on the chunky minestrone soup...I am a minestrone addict, I have to have my fix everyday lol
Gl with your club 10, 4lbs away seems like a 100lb when you're that close doesn't it...but you'll do it...stay focused and you'll get there...I have faith in you xx

Wow that is a lot of grandkiddies! They must keep you busy thats for sure :D

I havent had minestrone before, not even the canned kind. i do, though, have minestrone mugshots....might have one of them tomorrow actually- see if i like it or not

the SS one is nice- tastes just like stew, because of the beef stock, its lovely :)

Thanks for the luck- yeah it really does feel so far away. the "teens" is even worse- because im 7.5lb away- its so faaaaaaaar!! but i know i'll get there *grin*

kerry2285 said:
You can make sw crisps!

Peel a potato and the peel thin long strips of potato, spray them with fry light, then you know the microwaveable Bacon trays? Pop the potato strips on there and microwave til crisp.

Mum told me that one and they are yummy!! You can sprinkle salt or spices etc on to create flavour. You can also buy a kids toy from aegis that slices potato to make crisps!

Just been readin thru the posts on here and just want to point out that these aren't free-they would need to be synned :( as you aren't using the food as it is intended! Search for food abuse on here and it should tell you how many syns, if not, check with your C :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kerry2285 said:
It's called simply summer, 50 fast, filling and fabulous recipes.

It looks ok, can't complain as it worked out as completely free! Grab a copy before it does go up to £3.99. It has a mix of all plans and 30 recipes ate syn free on one or all plans.

Where do you get the book from ???:)

Good luck for weigh in!

The book comes with the mag but I'm not sure if its exclusive to wh smiths. Its in a pack bit like when u can buy the ok mag along with about 3 others inside!

Hi, I would like to join the August Challenge :) I would ideally like to lose 7lb by my daughters 2nd birthday which is the 19th august I weigh in on a weds eves so my challenge is 7lb by the 17th august, starting with weigh in tommorow, currently lost 10lb in 4 weeks :) not been a 100% wk this week plus I'm away all this weekend, will TRY and be good xx

right super slimmers!!! in our group we are doing a super speed week challenge, see how many speed and super speed foods you can eat this week. i have been through my book and put a star next to the ones i like and have written a shopping list with them on it and am going to cram them all in this week, think ill be eating a lot of soup and stew!! there is a prize for the biggest loss this week and for eating the most speed foods-anyone up for this mini challenge?

also i am making a vat of speed soup i will put the recipe on just in case anyone doesnt know it
1 can of mixed bean salad
baked beans
green lentils
2x tin of chopped tomatoes
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 med carrots
2 parsnips
green, red and yellow peppers
2x beef stock cubes
mixed herbs and water
chop veg, add other ingredients, cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer, can blend or leave chunky.

these are the instructions i was given by my sw leader-im going to make a huge pan of it this afternoon and am going to eat some each day
x

I'd like to but I'm away this weekend for a wedding so won't be able to :(

I might do this from next Monday tho. I'm not a fan of lentals or pulse foods but might do a veg soup for work lunches n if I get the munchies!

Never done the super speed challenge before, has anyone else? I imagine the results will be great!

May I join please?

I am new to SW and had my first wi yesterday and put on 0.5lb :cry:

I did not cheat or do anything off plan but I think it might be down to going back to the gym.

The consultant couldnt see anything wrong with my food diary and just said to try and stay below 12 syns a day.

I will be sticking with mainly green days or ee as I dont eat meat.

I am a slow loser due to PCOS so if I lose 3lbs and keep them off by end of August I will be happy.

seemingly daft question- but have you guys already *started* this challenge?

well i have just eaten speed soup-wow it was delicious!!! highly recommend x
I made something similar with loads of vege and the bean salad, known as Dyna Rod soup because of it's *clearing out* properties. I like it - and know that it's a great way of getting SS vege - but because of its effectiveness in this direction, don't want to have too much in case I end up having to spend too much time near a bathroom.

I'm up for an August challenge - do you mean losing 7lb during August? And like the sound of a SS week. I'm new to SW (in the past week) and am just getting the hang of EE with a Tuesday weigh-in.

Hello everyone - hope you have all had a great sw day!

It was suggested yesterday we start a list (like the june and july challenges). Ive just been through this thread and added you all on.

Anyone who wants to join in please copy and paste the newest list and pop your name and target on.

Sound ok to everyone?? :D

Ayo Ayu No amount mentioned?
Claire86 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Conlou1 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Diamond Daisy 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Fairy3852 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Kerry2285 5lbs (0lbs lost ~ 5lbs to go)
Latte 3lbs (0lbs lost ~ 3lbs to go)
Lily42uk 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Little Bubblez 10lbs (0lb lost, 10lb to go)
Littlemeercat No amount mentioned?
Madmavey No amount mentioned?
Safia 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Welshchick 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)

Im unsure of a few peoples targets tho.
Are we starting the count down now or are we starting from aug 1st? I've asumed from the 1st aug so have not put any wi updates - sorry if I got this wrong :confused:

I like the lists but I also love how we are all chatting as well and encouraging each other - thats what keeps me on track! x

Back