august challenge anyone?

so what changes is everyone going to make in august to try and make sure they get to their own personal target?

im going to -
go to the gym 3 times a week
make sure 1/3 of my plate is super free food
weigh all healthy extras
limit syns to 10 a day
no days off plan!!!

I've gone off fruit after eating my weight in it so I'm going to:
Eat more superfree veg
Eat Superspeed soup 3 times a week
Go to the gym/walking 3 times a week
Walk when I don't need the car

sounds like a plan dreamslim. to be honest if i eat too much fruit i end up with a bad stomach, i have i.b.s. so have to be careful. i had 2 bowls od speed soup last night and feel a bit sicky and bloated today cos of all the veg so going to buy some containers and freeze most of it and just have it every other day as i dont want to set of my symptoms again. i love it though and could eat it every day but i have to think of my health. i can tell i only had soup for tea my tummy is rumbling today and ive had breakfast :( think ill make a s.w. quiche for dinner to fill me up!!

sounds like a plan dreamslim. to be honest if i eat too much fruit i end up with a bad stomach, i have i.b.s. so have to be careful. i had 2 bowls od speed soup last night and feel a bit sicky and bloated today cos of all the veg so going to buy some containers and freeze most of it and just have it every other day as i dont want to set of my symptoms again. i love it though and could eat it every day but i have to think of my health. i can tell i only had soup for tea my tummy is rumbling today and ive had breakfast :( think ill make a s.w. quiche for dinner to fill me up!!

Yeah, that's why I'm only going to have it 3 times a week - I aboslutely love the soup and although it keeps me full until tea time I always miss the 'chewing' aspect of food, haha. Plus, I don't have IBS and let's just say it keeps me a regular person (as the advert says) so I can't imagine what it must be like with IBS! :)

Yeah, that's why I'm only going to have it 3 times a week - I aboslutely love the soup and although it keeps me full until tea time I always miss the 'chewing' aspect of food, haha. Plus, I don't have IBS and let's just say it keeps me a regular person (as the advert says) so I can't imagine what it must be like with IBS! :)

yes i have been on the loo most of the day lol (sorry tmi) wont be having any tonight as planned!

Hi everyone can I join the challenge put myself down for 10lb

Jane x

Annya 5lbs (0lbs lost ~ 5lbs to go)
Ayo Ayu 9lbs (0lbs lost ~ 9lbs to go)
Catmonkey 8lbs (0lbs lost ~ 8lbs to go)
Claire86 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Conlou1 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Diamond Daisy 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Dreamslim 8lbs (0lbs lost ~ 8lbs to go)
Fairy3852 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
HodgeyPodgy 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Illbethin1day 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)

JaneB 10lb (0lsb lost ~ 10lbs to go)
Kerry2285 5lbs (0lbs lost ~ 5lbs to go)
Latte 3lbs (0lbs lost ~ 3lbs to go)
Lily42uk 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Little Bubblez 10lbs (0lb lost, 10lb to go)
Littlemeercat No amount mentioned?
Lyndawood1958 10lbs (0lbs lost, 10lbs to go)
Madmavey 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
rozybaby85 8lb (0lb lost ~ 8lb to go)
Safia 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)
Sassia 10lbs (0lbs lost ~ 10lbs to go)
Small_Jaxy 10lbs (0lbs lost ~ 10lbs to go)
WelshCake 5lbs (0lbs lost ~ 5 to go)
Welshchick 7lbs (0lbs lost ~ 7lbs to go)

so what changes is everyone going to make in august to try and make sure they get to their own personal target?

im going to -
weigh all healthy extras
limit syns to 10 a day
no days off plan!!!

Hummm, im going to give this a go from next week to follow on throughout aug:
* Eat scan bran at least 2 times a week maybe 3
* Get on my wii again for Zumba
* keep 100% for 6 days min (I normally have a meal out with the bf!)
* Slowly give up bread
* Cut out chocolate!!! My biggest syn!
* Make some super speed food (my version of one anyways)

Heres hoping! Need to get this weight off now otherwise im going to be huge forever :(

Hummm, im going to give this a go from next week to follow on throughout aug:
* Eat scan bran at least 2 times a week maybe 3
* Get on my wii again for Zumba
* keep 100% for 6 days min (I normally have a meal out with the bf!)
* Slowly give up bread
* Cut out chocolate!!! My biggest syn!
* Make some super speed food (my version of one anyways)

Heres hoping! Need to get this weight off now otherwise im going to be huge forever :(

you can do it!!! well do it together. i thikn the key is to keep your goals realistic and maybe make a list of them and stick them on the fridge and everytime you do one cross it off that way you will feel like your really achieving something. thats what i plan to do anyway.

i didnt have speed soup today as i almost didnt make it to the toilet earlier:eek: so i think ill eat that every other day instead of every day lol. im waiting for my freezer tubs to come so i can start making batch foods, we did have loads but they got lost and used in the move. i keep looking at my lovely size 12 dresses and stroking them. i cant wait to fit in them all again!!

My freezer tubs are remnants of out weekly curry/Chinese nights. If we ever run out we'll have to order a huge Chinese/Indian to restock. Haha.

lol. I do love my freezer tubs but they seem to have gone missing over the last few months and I know they are not in the freezer either!! Pound land for me to re stock ready for super speed soup next week :)

Thanks :) I have a list on my fridge of what I want to lose weight for and a few pics of skinny and fat me. They work sometimes but then I get used to them being there grrrrr. BUT we can do this :D

im going to -
weigh all healthy extras
limit syns to 10 a day
no days off plan!!!

Not really going to make any changes, but I am definitely going to make sure I stick to what I am doing already:

Exercise minimum of 1 hour - 5 days a week at least
Make sure 1/3 of my plate is super free foods
Use my syns, instead of having syn free days ( the more syns I eat the more weight I lose)
Weigh Healthy Extras
Drink a minimum of 3 pints of water a day (I usually drink 4-6)
Continue to eat soup at least 4-5 times a week for lunch (keeps me fuller longer)
Allow myself to have time off plan but make sure I am 100% the next day and for the rest of the week

Not really going to make any changes, but I am definitely going to make sure I stick to what I am doing already:

Exercise minimum of 1 hour - 5 days a week at least
Make sure 1/3 of my plate is super free foods
Use my syns, instead of having syn free days ( the more syns I eat the more weight I lose)
Weigh Healthy Extras
Drink a minimum of 3 pints of water a day (I usually drink 4-6)
Continue to eat soup at least 4-5 times a week for lunch (keeps me fuller longer)
Allow myself to have time off plan but make sure I am 100% the next day and for the rest of the week

i agree about the syns too, i have had weeks where ive wanted to lose alot and not had hardly any of my syns and havent lost a pound!! then other weeks i have had 15 syns a day and have lost 2 pound-it doesnt add up? i use my syns for stuff like sauces and fat or oil or extra cheese. i dont use it for chocolate cos i would have to be too strict the rest of the day if i did that, and i cant eat my food without salad cream or mayo or gravy lol

i agree about the syns too, i have had weeks where ive wanted to lose alot and not had hardly any of my syns and havent lost a pound!! then other weeks i have had 15 syns a day and have lost 2 pound-it doesnt add up? i use my syns for stuff like sauces and fat or oil or extra cheese. i dont use it for chocolate cos i would have to be too strict the rest of the day if i did that, and i cant eat my food without salad cream or mayo or gravy lol

I use my syns for extra cheese or things like yorkshire pudding or the odd extra alpen bar.
I don't use fat or oil other than fry light, I even do fried bread in fry light buttery it's yummy lol. I don't like mayo, salad cream or gravy that much but when I do need them I use the syn free gravy, and quark with loads of added garlic (not keen on quark on it's own) instead, I refuse to use a sauce and use syns on it, except for the odd and I mean very odd time that I have brown sauce (usually in baked beans) or mango chutney with a syn free curry and poppadom (notice I said poppadom singular lol) or on a wrap, but they are very rare occasions xx

Going to go for 8lbs in August! x

Rattymum 8lbs (0lbs lost ~ 8lbs to go)

10lbs for me in August - first weigh-in will be August 6

Ffynnon 10lbs (0lbs lost ~ 10lbs to go)

Rattymum 8lbs (0lbs lost ~ 8lbs to go)

I use my syns for extra cheese or things like yorkshire pudding or the odd extra alpen bar.
I don't use fat or oil other than fry light, I even do fried bread in fry light buttery it's yummy lol. I don't like mayo, salad cream or gravy that much but when I do need them I use the syn free gravy, and quark with loads of added garlic (not keen on quark on it's own) instead, I refuse to use a sauce and use syns on it, except for the odd and I mean very odd time that I have brown sauce (usually in baked beans) or mango chutney with a syn free curry and poppadom (notice I said poppadom singular lol) or on a wrap, but they are very rare occasions xx

syn free gravy????? where do you get this from?? i would like this it would save me lots of syns!! its funny how were all so different as to what we like to use our syns on. im not a chocolate fan at all, the things i miss is pizza and cheesey cheese burgers and chips cheese and garlic-ok ill stop there mouth watering now lol. but i can adapt all of these to do syn free or almost syn free versions so i do that and i dont miss the ones laden with fat when i can have a healthier alternitive. but i DO miss my bottles of magners, soooo much!!! if im having a drink i have to stick to wine or vodka lime and soda and its just not the same. oh well.

Conlou1 i did a ayn free stew the other day in slow cooker just put in beef water bovril oxo cubes onions and smash thickened up and was lovely so i imagine doin gravy wud b same hope this helps :)

syn free gravy????? where do you get this from?? i would like this it would save me lots of syns!! its funny how were all so different as to what we like to use our syns on. im not a chocolate fan at all, the things i miss is pizza and cheesey cheese burgers and chips cheese and garlic-ok ill stop there mouth watering now lol. but i can adapt all of these to do syn free or almost syn free versions so i do that and i dont miss the ones laden with fat when i can have a healthier alternitive. but i DO miss my bottles of magners, soooo much!!! if im having a drink i have to stick to wine or vodka lime and soda and its just not the same. oh well.

For my gravy I sweat an onion and 2 cloves of garlic then add a stock cube and 2-3 tbs balsamic vinegar add some veg water and blitz up with my blender add herbs/mint/mustard etc to taste

Conlou, I make gravy by putting 2 or 3 Oxo cubes in a bowl and adding hot water (depends how many people you are making the gravy for) and then add smash, mr mash (I know these 2 brands are syn free, not sure about other brands), whichever brand you buy, until the gravy is of the consistency you like, totally syn free and yummy too xx

Back