August DVD Exercise Challenge

mrsrobinson

I've done quite a few of the Weight Loss challenges but not an exercise one. I can't join in the WII fit one because I don't own a WII, but I do have a DVD player...so for every day in August I'm going to do an exercise DVD.

I'm going to start with the 30 day Shred, but if I get bored (likely to happen fairly quickly), I'll do a different one.

Feel free to join me...

Looks difficult.

Good luck :D

Oh Ill join :D not the shred though
Day 1- claudia schiffer upper body workout - abs and arms 40 mins total

Can I join but I am just doing three days of Davina The Power of three as this is quite challenging for me with clinical depression.

yes another davina fan :D

I got high energy five! whats the power of 3 like?

A few davina fans I see....i've never tried her, is she tough?
A friend has just reccommended hannah waterman's dvd, may see if i can borrow it to see what it's like!

Oh yes she is tough, but the music is quite good and gets you going.
The claudia one is evil!!!! upper body and lower body workout!!! works too!

The power of three was b4 the high energy five so I don't think it is so intense but it defo get results from it.
It consists of a warm up, the legs and butt section which oh my days is the hardest but feels so good working the muscles with the lunges etc! then their is the stomach section which has really helped shrink my stomach yay. and then the arms.
I like the sections as you can just do one or as many as you like. I do one of each section for the week andfind that is challeging enough for me for the time being.
I had a newer Davina but it was all the areas intermingling and I don't like that at all, I like sections!

yeah im a section girl too :D
just done claudia abs and arms. arms shaking now. did 10 min on stepper this morning and 70 leg masters too.

yeah its hard work though but really does work. i had it on vhs but just found it on dvd.
you have done really well on your weight loss hon x how do you find slimming world?

Welcome! I'm a Davina fan too. I also like Scary Spice's (Mel B? Or is she C?) DVD as that's a section one too, and starts with a menu where you choose which ones you want to do that day and it runs in that order for you.

I love shred though because its tough but short! But I get bored easily. I've got the new Davina - FIT, but haven't tried it yet. Have any of you tried it? How did you find it?

So Day 2 - 30 min treadmill (hill program, 3 miles), Shred level 2 (25 mins). Feeling gooooood :)

coolios, vhs, what is that?!lol
aw thanks, yeah SW is good you learn through your journey about your eating habits! I suuffer with depression so it can be hard work but determied more then ever to stick with it - but tomorrow will be a day of and eating shed loads of crap as it is my birthday, only happens once a year :D
what diet do you? your not doing bad yourselfon the old weightloss front!

yeah its hard work though but really does work. i had it on vhs but just found it on dvd.
you have done really well on your weight loss hon x how do you find slimming world?

oo not got the fit, as I am tight hehe
have to let me know how you get on :D
I know what you mean about being bored easily I got a couple of other dvds which i have a go out when I feel like it is getting easy!

Welcome! I'm a Davina fan too. I also like Scary Spice's (Mel B? Or is she C?) DVD as that's a section one too, and starts with a menu where you choose which ones you want to do that day and it runs in that order for you.

I love shred though because its tough but short! But I get bored easily. I've got the new Davina - FIT, but haven't tried it yet. Have any of you tried it? How did you find it?

So Day 2 - 30 min treadmill (hill program, 3 miles), Shred level 2 (25 mins). Feeling gooooood :)

Last edited:
Ooh mrs R is the shred good too? havent tried any of davinas apart from high energy five.
Happy birthday for tomorrow I love life. Birthdays are calorie free days :D
Im doing dukan diet. :D

Oooh longratia you're so near goal! Did you do it all on the Dukan diet? Was it hard?

DVD wise I like anything that's split into little segments like 1-2 mins because I find it goes quicker. The Shred one is a combo of cardio and strength. There's 3 levels, each take 25 mins and consist of 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio and 1 min abs repeated 3 times (plus a short warm up and cool down). I tend to add it a little of my own cardio (running) to burn a little more fat. I love running, but dont do any strength work unless I do the DVDs

Ilovelife Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!! Enjoy :)

Oooh longratia you're so near goal! Did you do it all on the Dukan diet? Was it hard?
I staed atkins on 1st Jan and lost 11lbs up until 31st may when i started Dukan. So majority of weight lost on dukan :D
Its not hard once you get into it, and I was already used to low carbing from atkins. Its been a long hard slog but dukan seems to work well for me. :D

That DVD sounds good. :D
Im doing Davina legs tonight which has cardio intervals and lots of squats!!!!

Back