august start , Day 5 !!

Hi, I see you don;t like the Chocolate - I hated it too. But, then I added 3 sweetners - yes, THREE, and it made ALL the difference and it became my favourite.

I never put sweeteners in anything, not coffee or tea. But I found the chocolate did not taste at all like chocolate until I added the sweeteners.

Might be worth a try if you want to add it back in for variety.

It is also lovley made with Peppermint tea and ice - becomes a mint chocolate shake.

Also, if you are still feeling hunger pangs - you can have two hot boullion type drinks a day. LL sells this, but it is expensive. Most of us just got Marigold Vegetable Stock and it makes a real nice span between shakes. Its hot and savoury, and can be a real life saver.

:)

Thanx for the advice BL ,But I am finding the hunger the worst today to be honest , I really need to know that it will be go away because I really dont think I can do 14+ weeks of this !!!

My positive mental attitude is failing me today big time !!

Thanx for the advice BL ,But I am finding the hunger the worst today to be honest , I really need to know that it will be go away because I really dont think I can do 14+ weeks of this !!!

My positive mental attitude is failing me today big time !!

It DOES go away. Promise! I managed about 40 weeks without a single cheat. If I can do it, anyone can. :)

Hang tough....just keep youself full and hydrated with water. That will help.

People usuallyhit ketosis between 4-5 days. Almost certainly within the first week.

After that, if you feel hunger, it is usually psychological.

Its hard core this diet. JUst talk yourself out of those hunger pangs. Your mind is a very powerful tool for this diet.

you can do it!! :)

xx

Last edited:
coffe and water seem to be my only friend at the mo , but keep reading all different things about how much water and coffee ya should drink so Im tryin not to drink too much ! :S

Im now on day 7 (my weigh in tomorrow) and I have not been sleeping properly because I get into bed and my stomach starts rumbling like mad !

You did 40 weeks ?? omg !! You need a medal hun x

Hi Ally,
Don't worry about drinking too much. 4 litres is quite acceptable and used toi be the recommended amount PLUS teas + coffees.
The secret is to keep drinking little and often.
LL use the analogy of a water wheel.Keep it watered to keep it turning.
As BL says, stick with it. You'll be so pleased with your weigh in tomorrow I'm sure. After the first week it just gets easier.
Good luck.

Ally, it definitely DOES get better after the first week. I felt really rough for a few days and wondered if I could hack it, but hung in there and hey presto, now I feel great! I had terrible headaches and real weak/hungry feeling for several days but now I find I've got through each day without really noticing! You'll be fine, trust us :) x

Thank you x Im just having abit of a bad day, feeling rather sicky today and finding it really hard to even drink the water !

Just gotta get through today , might even just have my shake early and go to bed !

Early nights were a life saver for me in the first week! Felt totally pathetic but it had to be done and once I saw the results at the first week weigh in that's all the incentive I needed not to cheat :) stick with it - will be so worth it when you step on those scales :D

BL I thought I was the only one to put sweetners in the chocolate! Makes it super yummy :)

I'm the same BL and AJB, started putting two sweeteners into the chocolate pack about a month ago and it is like a completely different pack!! Actually tastes like proper hot chocolate. Wish i'd discovered it sooner :) xxx

DAY 8 today allymc!!!

how are you feeling about your WI? youll do amazing. i lost 8.8lbs in my first week. before LL i didnt think it was possible...

good luck xx

Hi all

Im on day 4 LL, CD, W8, CS (mixed packs as going it alone at minute).

Most of my packs are LL - Im not really hungry now but yesterday I was.

I took a pic of myself on my mobile in underwear and look at it when I feel hungry-not a nice sight so hopefully it will keep me on track.

Good luck everyone x

Hi carrie ! Im actually dreading my weigh in and I dont know why , thin its because If I have not had a decent weight loss Ill be thinking wots the point !!

But I will be coming on and puttin my weight loss on as soon as I get in , no matter how bad it is , lol !!

Thanx for the luck , think Im gonna need it haha

But on the plus side , my positive mental attitude is back today , woohoo !!!

Well I hope your right , lol!!

Else I will be bloody dissapointed :(

I went cold turkey as such this first week , only had mainly soups and shakes , oh and 4 porridge ! no chilli , no bars ! My thinking was that if I could get through the first week (the hardest bit) on the very basic then I will be able to fly the rest as I can then introduce bars and chilli con carna (I CANT wait to try this)
so Im hoping my method works !!

PMA ! PMA ! PMA ! whoop whoop

Sounds like I need some sweeteners then! Is there a "better" one, that doesn't taste too artificial? I remember they always used to taste bitter.

There's nothing like a cup of sweet hot chocolate at 4am when I'm on night duty - really looking forward to my pack later (how sad is that?!) I use Tesco own brand sweetners only about a quid for 1200 and they taste fine to me :)

Thanks AJB, I've added some to my Tesco delivery coming tomorrow. I just tried the hot choc - really nice, but I agree it could do with sweetening up a bit! It's funny how the choc shake tastes completely different. Tried the legendary nut fudge bar today - yes, it's true - it's YUMMY!! Must try not to get 7 of them next week tho or I'll overdo it ;) Fingers crossed for any weighers tonight, hope you're all big losers (in the nicest possible way :D) Lucy x

Hiya all , just thought I would check in and let ya all know that I been for my weigh in tonight and Ive lost 11 POUND !!!!

I cant get over it , Im proper shocked but obviously over the moon , I know it does get less each week , but I just hope it doesnt sink too low , lol

But whoop whoop check me out 11 pound woohoo x

Back