Average Weight Loss

Evening all!

Just wondered, whats your rough average weight loss?
I have only managed to stick to the diet completely for 1 week out of the 6 weeks I've been dieting (due to being away at weekends) but I've still averaged a loss of 3lb's a week which I think is brill (roughly a stone a month)!
I just wanted to collect some other people's averages to compare with how much I could lose when I am eventually home at the weekend and can stick to the diet for longer! I realise this will vary depending on a number of factors but it'll give me a rough idea!

Also, does anyone know where I can find out how much your technically 'supposed' to have lost in a given period?

Cheers peeps,

Claire

Not including week one most VLCD's are losses of around a stone a month. But it varies from individual to individual. With no cheats I average 4lbs a week. :)

Thanks for that Nikki, so I'm really rather happy with my 3lb loss including cheats!

Tell you what though, I was just reading your stats and you've done amazingly well. 44lb is a hell of a lot of weight to lose, well done!

(just read that back and it sounds a bit patronising... sorry I didn't mean it that way I just think it's a BIG acheivement and was recognising that fact!)

Thank you, :) I am really pleased this time round as I've tried so many VLCD and never stuck at them beyond 4 or 5 weeks. Also usually I hate talking to people about it, but this time I'm telling anyone who will listen! :)

This forum is a great help though, everyone is so supportive.

I dont like talking about it because people are too ignorant about VLCD's and it annoys me. This time round I have only told select people who need to know, even my good friends at work think Im just on a diet??? Had to drink some coke zero today to make it all look convincing though! What an excuse, its great. Hope my average is about 3/4lb per week, will be over the moon! Good luck !:D:flirt2:

I dont like talking about it because people are too ignorant about VLCD's and it annoys me. This time round I have only told select people who need to know, even my good friends at work think Im just on a diet???

Me too. TBH, it's none of anyone's business unless I make it so. Have only told the close friends who have done/are doing something similar, and my OH as my choices would affect him. That's it.
Had to drink some coke zero today to make it all look convincing though! What an excuse, its great.

Coke Zero is my little bit of normality. I probably overdo it, TBH, but I've gotta have something ;)

Hope my average is about 3/4lb per week, will be over the moon! Good luck !:D:flirt2:

If you stick to it, a stone a month is achievable if you've got a decent amount to lose. The lower the starting weight, of course, the less you will lose per month; and losses from week to week can be really quite variable for no reason at all! (Just one of those things.)

But given a long month, a stone in that time averages out at about 3.2lb a week :cool:

Good luck everyone.

hi Miss, how much do you reckon I can lose a month with 18lbs to lose then? have picked p the exercise quite a lot, and i hate exercising.
thanks
fren

Dunno mate, can only speak from my own experiences, and I'm afraid I've never had 'only' 18lb to lose. May be worth asking this of of the other ladies on the exante forum, who's a squeak away from goal and ask them what rate they're losing at...

But purely on stats, 6-8 weeks, giving it 100%? (Assuming about 10-14lb in first 4 weeks, and 4-8lb in the time thereafter?)

Actually 100%, cos let's face it, you're only looking at weeks not months, like the rest of us... ;)

Last edited:
How ace is that... had my weekly weigh in yesterday and I've lost 5 lbs - even though I had a FULL rack of sticky BBQ ribs from TGI Fridays at the weekend!!!
One is V happy!!!

Thats great claireweenie!! Keep at it

Im not sure about what's classed as a vlcd but i have 1000 cals a day
and have lost 7 stone 3.2 lbs in about 14 1/2 weeks

you should be able to click my weight loss chart below
i weigh myself every day

so far on lighterlife complete for men I have averaged 5lb per week.

That seems mental thinking about it

Back