Avoid fruits & nuts, you are what you eat...

It is hard Plym. Thanks for your support hon. I'm really really tired and really really stressed. Maybe that's all that's wrong with me. Just a little too much for me to handle. Someone at work even suggested that I start smoking to relieve the stress! I told them straight, I'd rather be fat! I'll get my daughters operation over, get back home and I'm sure I'll feel better. Got to keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. I've only got to think of myself sitting on the edge of my bed, in me undies, my flabby tummy squishing over my flabby legs to remember why I'm doing this diet! (Sorry if tmi. Giving myself some tough love!)

Hi Kerry. You've had a lot on recently. No wonder you're stressed. And don't start smoking!I used to smoke and it's really hard to stop! You'll get back on track and you'll lose weight. I know!

Ha ha, thanks for that, I'm left with that description before bed :)

nothing worse than feeling tired and stressed. Need to be super kind to yourself rather than beating yourself up. It will pass then you'll have the strength to plough on with this. In the meantime your daughter needs you there and focused so if you need a little meat/fish/salad, then so be it. You know choc will def not make you feel better, as Much as we try telling ourselves it will! Shame your struggling with the bars as they would have been ideal to throw in your bag to have. I've had 3 today!! X

Thanks girls, really cheered me up. I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face now. :) xxxx

Thanks Plym. Diet wise it's going great today, if my daughter can't eat pre-op then I won't. So its half hour and I've had nothing, at all! I am majorly f***ed off cos we've been here since 7am, and just overheard that the girl before us hasn't even gone down for her operation yet. So we've sat here for over 9 hours now, she's not been allowed anything to drink since 11am, there's no tv, no music, no wifi, no games and its stifling hot. She doesn't feel well, I have a banging headache, am frustrated to hell that I cant do anything for my little girl and I am getting angrier by the second. And no one here gives a sh*t!

Well my daughter is finally in surgery after 11 hours of waiting. An hour more to wait til shes out so hubby and I have ended up in Burger King. Oh well. Tomorrows another day.

Take the baps off!!! Ha ha. Don't laugh but we went Pizza Hut at butlins this weekend and there was me determined to join in.......so I scraped all the toppings off and ate that! Man it tasted good and I was actually quite satisfied with that and the salad! Wasteful though ;-)

glad your daughter finally got in. That's madness not allowing them to drink for that amount of time in the heat. I'm so used to drinking loads I'd go stir crazy! X

Re: Avoid fruits & nuts, you are what you eat...

Aw buttons unfortunately we've all been there honey and its crap.
Ive just had to spend the eve with hubby one side polishing off large bag maltesers and daughter eating minstrels the other side. Felt quite sulky with them at first and was offered some but refused.
I never refuse chocolate as is my downfall but the wanting to be slimmer and healthier far outweighed it today.

May feel different on another day but its a start lol

Hope yr feeling stronger and back in control today hon xx

Good advice guys, thanks. And I was all prepared to get back on track, until they told me I couldn't stay overnight with my daughter - she was scared and really poorly, but because she's over 16 she's classed as an adult and parents aren't allowed to stay on the adult wards (and over 16's are not allowed on a children's ward.) So had quite a row with them, they pretty much forced me out at 11pm and the poor mite text me nearly every hour upset and in pain :-( Was back there at 7am and luckily the shift had changed and we have had lovely nurses today. Finally got home about an hour ago. She's doing ok but was really in pain and wanted ice cream, so we stopped at MacDonalds... need I say more?!?! But my stress levels have come down considerably so I should feel good from here and I'm determined to lose another half stone before our holiday on Aug 2nd. I will not let this derail me completely.

I have Maccy d's quite often with the kids. I either take the baps off, or just eat the sausage and egg out the middle. Quite yummy!

glad to hear she's out of hospital though. Must have been a wrench having to leave her x

Hey buttons. Am glad to hear yr daughters op went well and shes back home recovering. Crap they wouldnt let u stay and think I would have argued it with them too if it were my daughter.
Ive made the mistake of weighing every day since tue and am getting fed up with scales not moving and think this is putting me in a bad mood especially with food!
And more so when hubby and daughter were eating minstrels and malteasers last night and I didnt eat a single one.
How have u got on today hon? Xx

Thanks. She's sore but glad to be home. Im glad we're out of that place.

When the scales aren't moving and people are eating chocolate it's really hard to stay focused isn't it?!

Well I bombed yesterday. But I've repackaged all my sachets into a pretty bag and put them on the worktop, ordered the 30 day shred DVD and am starting today with a renewed determination. I know I can do it, I went for two months solid with barely a blip, so I'm going to focus on getting back in that zone. Might have to put something on that makes me feel fat and inspect my wobbly bits! Being disgusted with my body is my main motivation!!!

I have mine on worktop so they are there to remind me.
Was good this morn and didnt weigh so will try to keep that up till tue wi.
I have 30 day shred.only lasted bout 10 days into it though lol. Never seem to get any alone time at home to do it.
Think my lack of exercise is my main problem.
Am hoping to join my local gym soon but moneys bit tight at mo plus want to wait till this heat wave has finished as wont last 2 mins otherwise lol xx

I can't afford the gym either. And I know from past experience that I will quit after a few weeks because I really don't want to go! But I bought a cross trainer to exercise at home most days, am trying to stay physically busy - gardening in this heat better shift some lbs!

My little blip cost me 2.4lb. Glad to report a 100% TS day yesterday and an instant loss of 1.5lb :)

Am cleaning the house like there's no tomorrow and trying to ignore the little, nagging 'I'm hungry' voice in my tummy. Cos I know I'm not, I'm just craving and I can do without listening!!

Hi Kerry. How's your daughter. I'm pleased she's out of hospital. It must have been awful leaving her there. I'm not surprised you didn't stick to the diet. I know I wouldn't have. Now that you have relative normality I'm sure you'll lose the weight you gained very quickly.

So buttons at least the damage is undone after few days 100%.
I think u dod amazingly well considering the pressure u have been under this past week so chin up and onwards amd upwards (bit not with the weight) lol xx

Thanks girls. It's been a really tough day but I've just about got through it. Two days 100%, not even my old trick of a slice of ham extra! Was especially difficult as we had to go grocery shopping, had my carbonara beforehand, thank goodness I did, it was torture enough as it was! You've probably never seen anyone run from Tesco clutching a huge bottle of diet cream soda and guzzling it in the car?!

(Also doesn't help that the in-house patient obviously gets whatever she wants to eat, and posh pizza smells absolutely bloody divine!!)

Back