ProPoints Azwethinkweiz (Sarah)s new food diary!

Still hanging around unfortunately :(

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Yesterdays diary:

Milk - 3pp

Dairylea dunker -3pp
WW yogurt -1pp

WW chicken soup -2pp
1/2 hot choc -3pp

Walkers lights -3pp
Shapers bars X 2 -4pp

Roast chicken & chips with mange tout and broccoli - 10pp

4 cadbury fingers - 3pp

29/29 plus 3 weeklies used. 23 weeklies left! :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Yea our healthcare SUX!! Unless you don't work and don't pay taxes.. Then you get it all for free!! Great incentive to work eh?! Grrrr....

Hope you find some home therapy that's cheap n cheerful n super effective and you dont have to suffer too much :( x

My mum has some ponstan from when she was in hospital last so I took 500mg last night before bed and had a lovely sleep and actually dont feel as bad today. I have a couple of 250mg tabs here beside me on the desk in case the pain starts flaring up again.

So true... if you dont work you get free healthcare... if you do work you cant afford the healthcare and are actually paying taxes so that people who DONT work get free healthcare. I dont mind paying tax towards things like that when people really do have no money and are down on their luck but there are too many fobs in this country at the mo that have been sitting on their arses for years taking peoples hard earned tax money ya know? Its not on!
To be fair my Dad has a medical card (and so does my Mum and my little brother). My Dad lost his job last year, he's in his fifties and has back problems. He also has varicose veins. Now he's been diagnosed with high blood pressure and diabetes... so yeah I dont mind seeing him get the help he needs. But it shouldnt be so difficult for us normal working folk to get the help we need either... Its like we're penalized for having a job or something?!

I actually hate to think if I got really sick or something happened to me as I dunno how I'd pay for it and I dunno what my family would do!? Very depressing isn't it!? Maybe we should move to another country... although we might not be welcome somewhere else either lol. :(
NINA... that was seen somewhere recently again... (No Irish Need Apply) LOL!! ;)

My mam gave up work when she started a family. As most women did back then.. She was never given a cent off the government so completely 100% depended on my Dad. She was never "entitled" to any sort of allowance. Then a couple of years back she got chronic asthma and her GP put in an application for a medical card for her on the ground her medicine would cost so much. She was denied. Then as years went on she got arthritis and same story. She was denied. Then she got thyroid and same again, she was denied. This was the doctor putting in the appications not my Mam. Then in 2008 she was so bad and on so many medications and my Dad had in the meantime been made redundant from his job the doc put in another application. It too was denied but the doc appealed it as she was so poorly. On 06th November 2008 we found out she had cancer. She passed away 13th December 2008 and on that very day she got a call to her mobile from the social welfare with the great news her medical card has been approved and she should receive it the following week! For the best part of 30 years her doctor was applying for that card....

Then you have my sister who was and IS a lazy fuk who chooses to sit on her lazy arse doing nothing and she gets EVERYTHING from the social welfare.. Grants and allowances to beat that band... Rubs me up the absolute wrong way....

Sorry.. rant over... :D

Completely understand your rant hon... What a story that is. So sorry about your Mum... she shouldn't have had to suffer all that! Thats what gets me too... all these people with medical cards that dont reeeeally need them and then people like your mum with nothing even though she was so ill. Makes me so sad :(
I'm glad the doctor tried as he could to get her something. Our old doctor (he was a Chinese man and is dead now a few years bless him.) used to "see" all of us as kids (3 kids and my mum) and only charge for one because he knew my Mum had no money to pay (and you know the way one child gets sick and then they all do lol). He used to search his cabinets for some of the medicine she would need and give it to her for free because he knew she couldnt afford all the prescriptions. I thought it was a lovely thing to do. He used to say he couldnt believe we werent entitled to medical cards when she had 3 children and no job (same situation as your mum) and my Dad worked in a factory on the lowest wage imaginable. He told her he has seen people coming and going with medical cards when she clearly needed one more. Lucikly they have medical cards now and I wouldnt deny them it (they're living off their measly savings and some of my wage at the moment). But there are people I see in my own town walking around with no jobs, getting a house to live in for nothing, medical cards and dole?! I dont understand it. I dread the budget this year as I cant afford to be taxed even more... its at the stage where i'd be better off with no job!! Rant over! lol

Sarah.. the sad thing is its true.. When you work out all the allowances you'd get, rent/mortgage etc and the medical card so dental and doctor costs are covered.. You probably actually would be better off!! But they'll tax us eejits even more now and leave the rich people alone AGAIN.. its so unfair..
I, like you, cannot afford to be taxed anymore.. Am barely making ends meet as it is and I dont pay out rent or anything...

Sounds awful :( and bless ur mum Frances :( ... todays society is totally ****ED up ....... UK is bad for making people better off on benefits than working !! like you see stories in the news of families who have like ten kids and earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a year from benefits ... yet, i work my aaaarse off daily and earn a measly 23k to take care of these knobs who fiddle the social etc .... Makes me sooooooo angry .. its a topic u could spend weeks n weeks talking about ...... I think its disgusting that system u have in NI ... i cannot believe theres no system like the NHS .. i mean us workers get free health care but the majority pay for prescriptions, etc and dental care/ eye care is only free for those on benefits ... i only get free prescriptions coz id never be able to afford insulin and all the other stuff a month ..

I actually dunno much about the health system up north. Although the dentist is famously cheaper. All I know is the system in the republic is ridiculous. i honestly dunno what I'll do when the next budget comes about... I'm living month by month on my wage as it is. I earn 23k too Claire. Except mine is euros so equates to "**** all" in Ireland. :(

Jesus Sarah I thought I was badly paid.. I'm on 26k plus 100% pension contribution and full VHI cover.. And I have NO qualifications.. I didn't even finish school!!! I seriously dont know how u cope so.. Seen as I barely last the month and wouldn't even go out much.. N dont smoke...

I know :( I dont smoke, dont go out... Wouldnt be able to afford it. I dunno how I cope either cuz I hand a chunk of money to my parents every month too. I wanted a raise in here this year and was told no... I think its a joke (a bad joke). I've been in tears a lot over money worries lately. I'll get through it hopefully. Will be searching for a new job soon, I would get paid more in Dublin than here but Dublin is big and scary so i was avoiding it. :p

I did 5 honours in my leaving cert and 4 years of college for this 23k? Can you believe that? Very hard not to get depressed over it. :(

I would earn about 10K more in Dublin hon, lol. I have an honours degree in computing and 3 years experience in software development now. I'm just reeeeeally bad at interviews :(

I live in mid-louth. I'd need to get into drogheda on the bus and then another bus or train. It'd be awkward enough. I might make the move though... wouldnt you be tempted by 10 grand lol? I'm really bad in interviews though... I get way too nervous.

Back