B210K

Hi Sweet, and well done on your run!

The Garmin I was looking at (305) does seem to have some kind of calories counter, although I looked it up online and it says "The Garmin 305 calculates calories primarily on weight and distance", which is similar to a treadmill's calories counter, I suppose. I don't know how accurate this would be but I am buying it for measuring distance, speed and heart rate (even if I don't know much about heart rate at the moment but I will hopefully start to learn as I go)

Well done Sweet!! I found I had to slow my pace down a bit for B210K. I am gradually increasing it back up a bit now (week 4).

Biggysmalls - The Garmin 305 are meant to be good HRM's. I was a bit put off by the size of them, but they are packed with features.
I have a Polar HRM with a footpod, as most of my running is on a treadmill.

Thanks Biggysmalls & Shazz, I had a look at the garmin 305 & it looks great. I had been looking at the polar ft4 but it looks like the garmin does the same as it plus it calculates distance ran which might be better & worth paying that bit extra for in the long run.

Shazz, good to know that you had to slow your pace in the beginning too but that it buuilds back up again!!! I cant believe youre on week 4!!! You'll be finished in no time at the rate youre going!!! :)

Jools - After you have heeled properly can you go back to the program, or have you got to follow a plan? Hope your not in too much discomfort.

Not straight away. I'll have to build up slowly again. The physio said he'd email me a plan but he hasn't yet. x :(

I have finally got my first run done a day earlier than planned :D I made the mistake of starting out too fast & by the last 5 minutes of the final run I felt as if my lungs were going to pop!!! :eek: I slowed my pace & finished though so I am really chuffed & looking forward to getting out again on thursday :D

Well done. I think we all found that last 5 mins of the 1st one a killer. You'll soon be picking up pace again though so don't worry. x :)

Oh dear jools - so sorry you've got to rest up. I really feel for you :-( x

Sweet pink - well done. Yep its a bit of a shock starting back with those intervals. But you've started, it'll get better and easier from hereonin.

Anyway, I finished week 4 today and am really enjoying it. The next three runs don't worry me, but boy I am so scared about the 60 min non stop one. Anyone done it yet on the programme? How did you find it after week 5?

Anyhoo, keep plugging away everyone, you're all doing excellently. :)

Hi Pinkie, I have done the whole programme and was also nervous about the 60 minute run...but, the plan works and when the 60 minute run comes around, you'll be ready for it, even if it is a challenge. Good luck!

biggysmalls said:
Hi Pinkie, I have done the whole programme and was also nervous about the 60 minute run...but, the plan works and when the 60 minute run comes around, you'll be ready for it, even if it is a challenge. Good luck!

Oooh, thanks for that. Having done the C25K app too, I have faith, but it still seemed so daunting. Glad to hear from someone who's done it though. I should be there next Tues assuming there are no glitches in my plan. Eek!

Oh dear jools - so sorry you've got to rest up. I really feel for you :-( x

Thanks. :)

Good luck with the 60min run when you get to it. That was the only thing I didn't manage to do before my injury! x :(

I've just ordered a garmin forerunner from amazon & am really excited about it arriving so I can start using it!!!

I look forward to hearing your reviews Sweet. :)

I've just ordered a garmin forerunner from amazon & am really excited about it arriving so I can start using it!!!

Me too! Great minds think alike. I was out running yesterday and was just thinking that it will be cool to finally see my speed, distance etc. I think I'll do my third run of the week on Saturday this week - maybe my Garmin will be here by then ;). I have done 8 60 minute runs now. I need to start to focus on speed, or else find another programme to try, as ! don't want boredom to set in.

Me too! Great minds think alike. I was out running yesterday and was just thinking that it will be cool to finally see my speed, distance etc. I think I'll do my third run of the week on Saturday this week - maybe my Garmin will be here by then ;). I have done 8 60 minute runs now. I need to start to focus on speed, or else find another programme to try, as ! don't want boredom to set in.

You see thats exactly what I was thinking too!!! I have always liked to set myself goals to work towards which is why I think C25k & hopefully b210k work so well for me but like you I was thinking what next. I am pretty sure of my distances but it would be nice to have some kind of proof that I am improving in balck & white plus I'll always be able to challenge myself to do better.

Did you go for the 305 in the end?? I ordered mine on amazon for I think it was £98 something which I thought was a great price for them. I had went into a couple of sports shops one was selling them at £199 & the other on offer at £149!! :eek:

I'm going out for a run tonight so I'm hoping it will be here for my next run on tuesday :eek:

Yes, also got my for that price on amazon - we probably clicked "Add to basket" at same time! I do kettleworx tonight....Week 4 Cardio. I never thought exercising regularly would become such a way of life. I think the main advantages are mental! I used to solve problems while smoking and now I think a run takes care of them....or it gives me head space anyway. x

Yeah I used to have a 'wee treat' of chocolate or a glass of wine when I was stressed but since starting up regular exercise I really dont feel stressed anymore & even when I do I find a good run usually resolves it.

Pinkie, They arent waterproof in terms of being able to swim in them but according to the reviews are fine for running in the rain.

Oooh. I want one. And I can get the bracket to go on my bike with it too which would be handy...... Exciting (what the hell happened to me?)

I liked that bit too. I dont cycle at the minute but at least there is the option when I do start... need to purchase a bike first mind!!!! lol

Well I want to do a mini cycle holiday in late October, so I've really got to fit in some training somewhere. Either way, training or the actual hol, it would be really useful.

Oh sod it, I've bought it! Eek! My son didn't really want a birthday present this month.

LOL!!! But think of the savings you made!!! I have paid for mine with a clear out of clothes that no longer fit on ebay. Going to have to see what else I can find coz I quite fancy a wee ipod shuffle!!!! They are sooo dinky & cute but would be ideal for running. Does anyone have one & what do they think?

Back