B210K

Hi Jools, it's nice to know I'm not really invisible!!

Glad you're pain is not as bad this evening. I wonder if you have gone a bit faster because the running bit has been a bit less? xx

Good point! Didn't think of that. Looked back at my times & Monday's run was slightly faster (not much! ;)) but I guess as it was longer (timewise) for the running bit it might have made a difference.

When you out again? x :)

Your doing so well Jools. :)
I'm finding this program quite difficult still. I did wk2, day 2 this morning. It took all my effort to finish though. When did it get easier for you?
I am still doing a 30 min run most weeks, could this be effecting this program? I am getting a little downhearted. I certainly didn't struggle like this with C25K. I am concerned I won't be able to progress to the next level.

Afternoon. Thanks. :)

To be honest I found it easier from week 2 but I'm only doing this plan & haven't run a 5k since I finished C25K. It may be effecting it as everyone is different. Could you not stop running your 5k's for now & concentrate on this for a few weeks?

Please don't get downhearted about it all though. Stick at it & I'm sure you'll get there. You've been doing so well too. You run 5k faster than I do! x :)

Ah yes, I think that's probably what you've done then! Hope it is feeling better now and you are able to go out again soon.

I wanted to go out this morning but was feeling very dizzy on waking. Feeling much better now but will probably leave it until the morning now. Could go out this afternoon but can never find the motivation!!!

Glad you feel better. My ankle seems fine so I may go out after work tonight for W5D3. Will take it easy if I do though. x :)

That sounds like a sensible plan Jools! I didn't go out this morning either because it was too hot by 7.30am! Good luck tonight x

It may be still too warm for me tonight. If it is I'll delay it till the morning. Really feel like I've not been out in ages so may re-do the whole of W5 before attempting a 60min for W6. I'm still not convinced I'll be able to do that! x :)

I did week 2 day 3 yesterday and although struggled a little I found it much better.
I started it in the morning and got half way through, then my mother in law turned up, so had to stop. Was not impressed!! So I had to do it again in the afternoon. So did about 65 mins running in total!! :)

I did week 2 day 3 yesterday and although struggled a little I found it much better.
I started it in the morning and got half way through, then my mother in law turned up, so had to stop. Was not impressed!! So I had to do it again in the afternoon. So did about 65 mins running in total!! :)

Well done. Told you it would get easier! x :D

W5D3 - done :checkmark green: but W6 may now be on hold for a while.

Did my last run Saturday morning after having 5 days off following my pain last Monday. Took it easy, didn't break any records, in fact took it so easy didn't even struggle at all doing 2 x 30min runs with just 1min interval which I was really happy about. :D

Sadly after my run the pain in my ankle returned & I spent all day yesterday being virtually unable to walk!! :(

Rested it, iced it, kept it elevated etc & it feels a bit better again this morning but I'm going to make a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. Am dreading being told I can't run but I guess my health is more important. :cry:

Will check in later & let you know how I get on. x

Oh Jools, I hope it went ok at the docs. I have everything crossed for you x

Good luck Jools xx

Thanks. x :)

Oh Jools, I hope it went ok at the docs. I have everything crossed for you x

Thanks but it didn't really! :(

He doesn't think it's achilles tendon problems he thinks it's a muscle tear but I really don't think he knew what he was talking about (he practically said as much!! :rolleyes:). I've got to stop running completely for 2wks & rest it before trying again & if it comes back stop running completely for 3wks then try again!!! x :(

That doesn't sound good. R u in pain? At least he hasn't said stop running altogether. R u ok hun?

Oh no, Jools, that's really too bad.....I hope you get some good advice that works well for you

I have done wk 4 day 1 this morning. I am finding it much easier now. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Well done Shazzabir. I have now done w2d3 but I am going to have to rest for a couple of days as I seem to have picked up a slight groin strain!! I'm really enjoying it and annoyed that I will have to have a couple of days rest.

Oh no Coach, hope you get sorted soon and your not in too much discomfort :)

Hi all, I have finished! Did three "10k" runs this week. well, actually, I did two on the treadmill and ran at 8.5km per hour for an hour. The other I did outside, where I do most of my running, and I reckon I ran only about 6/7km in the hour, because I realise now that I don't run fast.
I would like to buy a sportswatch/distance counter thingy and make it my aim to:
-continue to run 3 times a week for one hour each time
-gradually improve my speed so that one day I manage 10km in an hour (at the moment when I put that speed on the treadmill it feels like a sprint to me!!)

I still enjoy it but compared to the 5k plan, sometimes I feel the time passes quite slowly. Hopefully I can continue to build on my progress so far. Good luck to everyone x

Well done Biggysmalls, that's a great achievement.
I too have set myself a target of 10k in 60 mins. I can do a 5k in 28 mins, so hoping I can hit my target for a 10k :)

That doesn't sound good. R u in pain? At least he hasn't said stop running altogether. R u ok hun?

Only in pain the day after & then it seems fine so it's really annoying! Well my two weeks rest is up & I'll be doing a "test" run today or tomorrow depending on time/weather. I was thinking a slow, steady 5k. Keep everything crossed for me. x :)

Oh no, Jools, that's really too bad.....I hope you get some good advice that works well for you

Thanks. x :)

I have done wk 4 day 1 this morning. I am finding it much easier now. :)

How is everyone else doing?

Well done. Told you it would!! x ;) :)

Hi all, I have finished! Did three "10k" runs this week. well, actually, I did two on the treadmill and ran at 8.5km per hour for an hour. The other I did outside, where I do most of my running, and I reckon I ran only about 6/7km in the hour, because I realise now that I don't run fast.
I would like to buy a sportswatch/distance counter thingy and make it my aim to:
-continue to run 3 times a week for one hour each time
-gradually improve my speed so that one day I manage 10km in an hour (at the moment when I put that speed on the treadmill it feels like a sprint to me!!)

I still enjoy it but compared to the 5k plan, sometimes I feel the time passes quite slowly. Hopefully I can continue to build on my progress so far. Good luck to everyone x

Way to go you!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooooooo jealous. Huge congrats, you must be so pleased. x :D

Back