B210K

** Just Jools **

Slow & steady does it!!!!
Morning all

Here's the start of the new thread as promised.

Hope someone comes to keep me company soon!!! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did W1D1 yesterday morning. OMG!! :eek: My legs didn't know what had hit them!! lol

Not really sure what went wrong but having been able to run 30mins quite comfortably for the last couple of weeks this jump seems to have put me back at square one! :rolleyes:

Maybe because it was 10min runs with 1min walks I thought "that'll be easy" & perhaps ran too fast at the beginning but by the time I reached the last 10min run my legs were like jelly!!!

The route I'd planned out didn't work either so I reverted back to part of my old route after about 20mins.

All in all I was feeling very sorry for myself by the time I got home but on checking my stats (I use Nike+) I discovered I'd not run much slower than my normal runs & I'd covered an additional 1.7k! :D

So my first session had me doing 7.3k in total with an average pace of 7min 5sec/km.

My legs still ache this morning but hopefully they'll get used to it soon. x

Well done for getting through the first run. I hadn't expected the first run to be so hard!!!
Is run 2 the same?

Will be starting in about two weeks :)

Thanks. I hoping I was just having an off day, what with my route not working out & everything.

Wk1 is 3 runs the same on the plan I'm doing so we'll see how I get on tonight!

Will get a proper route sorted before I go so I'm not doubling back on myself & randomly running up & down streets to kill time!! x :rolleyes: ;)

Good luck, hope it goes well for u :)

Did W1D2 tonight. Got my route sorted, went slower (ever so slightly) than Sunday but it felt much more comfortable so I'm happy with that. :D

Just realised I have a hair appointment Thursday evening (I run every other day at the moment) so am not sure whether to have 2 days rest & do D3 on Friday or take the bull by the horns & go tomorrow. Will see how I feel tomorrow after work & see what the weather is like then make a decision. :rolleyes:

I think I'm one of those people that kinda makes excuses about not overdoing things & risking injury/setting myself back when in actual fact I should probably try pushing myself a little harder. :rolleyes:

We'll see!! x ;) :D

I'm pleased you found the run better :)
I can make excuses too. I spent all day making excuses not to run yesterday! Now I feel annoyed with myself now!!

Sometimes it's difficult to motivate yourself I guess. It would be nice to have someone to give me that little extra push now & again.

A personal trainer (or a marine! ;)) is what's needed I think!! lol :rolleyes:

Are you running today instead then? x:)

Yes a marine would be good, lol!

I have given up trying whilst on holiday, so will start again on Saturday when I'm home and back into a routine :)

can you get this on the blackberry?

i havent even treid the C25K but i want a challenge

Not sure if you can Gina, all I know is apps for iphone. Another option would be to do C210k?

I'm not sure either Gina. I could only find apps when I was looking (no podcasts) and as I don't have an iphone have kinda adapted my own version to use with my ipod. I'm sure there probably is though. Good luck. x :)

Morning Shazzabir! x :D

Well I went out last night & it was an epic fail!! :8855:

At least I know now I'm not yet strong enough to run two days running! :rolleyes:

So I'll not be counting that as W1D3 (it'll just be an extra 5k run for the week!!) and I'll do W1D3 tomorrow night. x :D

Hiya

I didn't realise this would be quite as challenging!!! Your doing well though, we will be joining you very soon :)

Maybe it's just me!! :rolleyes:

Last night was just an experiment really, I normally run every other day. So I did 7.3k Tuesday but only managed 5k last night.

Where are you on holiday by the way? Hope it's hot & sunny. x :)

Well I went out last night & it was an epic fail!! :8855:

At least I know now I'm not yet strong enough to run two days running! :rolleyes:

So I'll not be counting that as W1D3 (it'll just be an extra 5k run for the week!!) and I'll do W1D3 tomorrow night. x :D

I wish I'd been on here earlier - would have told you in no uncertain terms not to run again so soon. You're upping your distance quite significantly so it's not making excuses to give your body time to recover - I don't care how young and fit you are! It might not be the worst idea to give yourself an extra day off..... :D

You need to be still running by the time Shazz and I get going - we'll be looking to you for inspiration, you know! xx

Thanks so much for the reassurance & thinking logically you're right, it is a huge leap.

Not sure where you're getting the young & fit thing from as you're certainly not talking about me there!! :8855:

Will do my next run Saturday morning I think. x :D

Last edited:
I'm reading this thread with interest. Hope to be joining you in another 5 weeks :D

Thanks so much for the reassurance & thinking logically you're right, it is a huge leap.

Not sure where you're getting the young & fit thing from as you're certainly not talking about me there!! :8855:

Will do my next run Saturday morning I think. x :D

Better! And ok - just fit then! Although I bet you're younger than me.....:flirt2:

I am so close to joining you.
Did 5k in 30 min 53 secs, so just need to improve by 53 seconds then can start B210k!!
Good luck with your run 2moro Just J :)

That's great. :D

Thought you weren't bothering till you got back off your hols. You're still away aren't you? x :)

Back