B210K

Week 1 day 2 done & that was A LOT easier. I started off slow but found my pace actually picked up on the way back!!! I took a water bottle with me for the first time & had a sip during the 1 minute walks & that helped me too ( especially when I nearly swallowed a fly :eek:)

I'm really looking forward to my next run now which will hopefully be with my Garmin FR!!!! :D

That's great Sweet!!
I am desperate to go running, but got a cold over a week ago and no signs of it going yet, so not impressed :-(

That's great Sweet!!
I am desperate to go running, but got a cold over a week ago and no signs of it going yet, so not impressed :-(

Oh no. I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm sure it won't be long until the cold is knocking on my door now that my eldest is back at school :sigh:

Well done Pinkie. I'm looking forward to getting week 1 over with as I'd much rather do a few longer runs than 4 short ones where you feel like youre just getting into a good rhythm & then you have to stop.

I was just thinking last night & I think I know the answer to this already but as some of you know I only run twice a week & the plan is 3 times a week so my question is will I do week 1 day 3 on monday (when I'm planning to do my next run) or will I start week 2 day 1???

The instructions for my Polar F4 says it is water proof down to 30m and that you CAN wear it swimming as long as you don't touch any buttons while in the water. Not that I'd risk it though. Lol!

I looked at the Polar Ft4 & what swayed me towards the garmin was that it measured your distance & speed as well as heart rate & calories burned. I think, & I could be wrong, that to get speed and distance recordings on the polat ft4 that you need to also buy a foot pod which was working out more expensive though I guess it depends what you want them to do which would be best. I just wish amazon would hurry up & dispatch mine so I can start playing!!! :eek:

Just got an email from amazon to say its been dispatched!!!!!!! Please let it come by monday

Pinkie - gosh you are so close to finishing!!! Fantastic :)

Sweet - sometimes I only get to run twice a week, but I still do 3 runs as per the program. It will take longer to complete, but think I would struggle only doing 2 runs before moving to the next week. That's just my choice thou, you may cope much better and only need 2 runs. :)

With this and the previous C25K prog, I just make sure I cover every run. No matter how long it takes.

Right, I did the last of week 5 today. (2x30mins).

I had planned to do the 60 mins tomorrow, but go you think I should have a rest day? I am actually chomping at the bit now (FREAK!) :)

According to amazon my garmin is estimated to arrive today so I have been sitting impatiently waiting!!! Just hope it doesnt come when I have to nip out to collect my daughter from school!!!!

Shazz & Pinkie, that makes sense to do each run in the programme & was what I had thought so will do it the same as I done the C25k :)

Are you feeling any better Shazz??

Jools, how is the injury coming along?

Pinkie, I would be tempted to give it a go when youre feeling ready for it

Oh no Pinkie that really sucks :mad:

Mine arrived typically in the 5 minutes that I was picking my daughter up from school but thankfully the nice driver acknowledged the note I had put on the door & left mine in my garden shed. Its currently charging so hopefully I'll be able to give it a go tonight :)

Jools, how is the injury coming along?

Not too bad thanks. Seen a huge improvement in the week since I saw the physio. Been doing my stretches, applying the compresses & taking the anti inflammatories as advised (like a good girl! ;)).

Have decided on that note that in a further 3 wks I should be ok to do my 8k run. Obviously I won't have run in 6 wks by then so won't be going all out to break any records but think a slow steady run shouldn't do too much damage. :fingerscrossed: I can always resume the therapy straight after again if needed. If I don't I may start the B210K from the start so I'm not straight back in at the deep end. We'll see.

Can't wait to see what times/distances/paces all you guys are doing once you all start using your new high-tech gadgets!! x :)

Not too bad thanks. Seen a huge improvement in the week since I saw the physio. Been doing my stretches, applying the compresses & taking the anti inflammatories as advised (like a good girl! ;)).

Have decided on that note that in a further 3 wks I should be ok to do my 8k run. Obviously I won't have run in 6 wks by then so won't be going all out to break any records but think a slow steady run shouldn't do too much damage. :fingerscrossed: I can always resume the therapy straight after again if needed. If I don't I may start the B210K from the start so I'm not straight back in at the deep end. We'll see.

Can't wait to see what times/distances/paces all you guys are doing once you all start using your new high-tech gadgets!! x :)

That sounds like a good plan Jools :)

I'll not be breaking any records with my times & distances coz I feel like I'm crawling since starting B210k!!! I cant do anywhere near the pace I was doing on c25k but I guess if nothing else it will hopefully record improvement!!!! lol

That sounds like a good plan Jools :)

I'll not be breaking any records with my times & distances coz I feel like I'm crawling since starting B210k!!! I cant do anywhere near the pace I was doing on c25k but I guess if nothing else it will hopefully record improvement!!!! lol

Oh it will don't worry. I think I was even slower at the start of B210K than I was when I started C25K!!! :rolleyes:

Still want a full report later though! x ;)

Oh it will don't worry. I think I was even slower at the start of B210K than I was when I started C25K!!! :rolleyes:

Still want a full report later though! x ;)

Will do :)

Back