B210K

Where do you find out where & when races are being held??

I would love to have something like that to aim towards but don't think I'm good enough just yet. I know the one & only RFL over here is held at the end of May so its still quite a bit off. There is the Belfast Marathon of course & I would absolutely love to do it someday (thats my absolute aim!!) but not for a few years. My hubby knows what I'm like.. I won't do it until I know I can run the whole thing without having to walk!!!! lol

sweet pink said:
Where do you find out where & when races are being held??

I would love to have something like that to aim towards but don't think I'm good enough just yet. I know the one & only RFL over here is held at the end of May so its still quite a bit off. There is the Belfast Marathon of course & I would absolutely love to do it someday (thats my absolute aim!!) but not for a few years. My hubby knows what I'm like.. I won't do it until I know I can run the whole thing without having to walk!!!! lol

If you google your local running club they normally have a list-or atleast someone you can contact to ask :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Mostly just the south east, we don't like to go too far from home because we both have ageing mothers. Lol!

Well if you travel as far south as Bognor (or anywhere near!) give me a shout! x :D

Well I survived my run tonight & actually really enjoyed it. The wind was blowing to my side so at least I wasnt having to run against it either way. My speed was up slightly tonight with my best at just under 5 minutes a km but most of the time I was around 6.5/7. I'm really looking forward to my next run on wednesday now :)

Fantastic, well done. x :D

Shazzabir, another thing - have you thought about a training schedule for your half marathon yet? I'd be interested to know what it is. Also, if you migrate to another thread/set one up for your next running challenge, do let me know! All the best x

Oohhh me too (although I've technically still not completed b210k! ;) :rolleyes:). x :D

Well this is the half marathon plan I was looking at. It is 2 runs in the week 30-45 mins, then a long run at the w/e. It takes 16 weeks. There are shorter ones, but they looked a bit more intense!

I can email it you want me to. :)

Attachments

• image-2593086022.png
    image-2593086022.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 115
Sweet: I go on Runners world mostly, but also type 10k races etc in google.

Jools: Don't worry I haven't finished B210k yet, I am just planning ahead! How r u feeling now?

I tried runners world but they dont seem to list many for N Ireland. I tried both the 10k & the 5k options & there was just one 10k which typically falls on the same date that I'm taking my daughter to Disney on Ice for her birthday

Well this is the half marathon plan I was looking at. It is 2 runs in the week 30-45 mins, then a long run at the w/e. It takes 16 weeks. There are shorter ones, but they looked a bit more intense!

I can email it you want me to. :)

Can you send it to me please? x :)

Jools: Don't worry I haven't finished B210k yet, I am just planning ahead! How r u feeling now?

Ankle seems greatly improved thanks. Keeping up with the stretches & compresses etc. Still not doing any running but I am doing the 8k in a couple of weeks. :)

That training schedule looks good, Shazz. I like the way it focuses on time twice a week and distance once a week.

Thanks Biggysmalls, there is one that is really close to me but hubby typically is working that day so might see if granny could take the girls for a couple of hours!!!

I finished wk 5 yesterday, well it was a 10k run, but counting it a B210k so I finish the program. I ran it in 63 mins 13 secs, so big improvement!! Getting closer to my 60 min target.

I am starting half marathon training in another 2 weeks, so I will start a new thread then. Unless anyone wants to start sooner?
Jules if you send me your email address I will attach the plan :)

I got my Garmin watch yesterday. OMG how complicated!! I am running outside on Saturday, so will be giving it it's first outing then (if I work out how to use it by then !!) :)

I finished wk 5 yesterday, well it was a 10k run, but counting it a B210k so I finish the program. I ran it in 63 mins 13 secs, so big improvement!! Getting closer to my 60 min target.

I am starting half marathon training in another 2 weeks, so I will start a new thread then. Unless anyone wants to start sooner?
Jules if you send me your email address I will attach the plan :)

I got my Garmin watch yesterday. OMG how complicated!! I am running outside on Saturday, so will be giving it it's first outing then (if I work out how to use it by then !!) :)

Well done, that's fantastic!

Get all you lot with your posh running gadgets, looks like I'll be saving up for one so I'm not left out!! Are they worth the cost? Are they more accurate than the Nike+?

Get that thread started, I'll hopefully be able to join you soon. (I've pm'd you my email address :)).

Got my 8k race a week Saturday. Got my number & chip yesterday so it's "official" now!! lol

Have a great Friday all. x :D

That's great Jules, hope your doing ok. Will email later today :)

Have done a 10k run this morning. My first outside. Didn't chose a great run, it was full of hills!!

Hills are nasty things. Lol! Back to my normal flat run next week cos our last fair of the season has been cancelled. It'll be good to weigh in.... First time for 4 weeks.

Hi everyone, it's got a bit quiet on here. I hope you are all well. Me, I am well and truly sick of the rain by now. The good thing is, it makes finishing and having that hot shower afterwards even better!
I ran for an hour tonight, really slow as it was a new route and lots of hills (don't know if I'll go back to be honest)....I covered 8km, which I'm happy enough with even though I normally do 9km roughly in an hour.
My idea is to run twice for an hour during the week and then a longer run at the weekend, increasing by 1km each weekend. So on Friday I ran for 11km and this weekend will aim for 12km, and so on. Until I reach....? I don't know, maybe 18km or so, I'll see!

Or maybe by that stage I will make my weekday runs shorter, as per your training plan, Shazza.
I will listen to my body.

Anyway, keep up the good work, everyone x

Just popping in to say that I am still here but really struggling timewise & weatherwise to fit B210k in. I had the time tonight but unfortunately not the weather so what started as a B210k week 3 run ended up as a 5k. I'm going to keep struggling on & if I can fot the B210k in I will but so long as I can get a 30 minute 5k run in I'll be happy until things settle down a bit here (though by that time the dark evenings will probably be here!!! :mad:) Anyway good luck to the rest of you & I'll keep trying :)

Back