Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

cheesey bacon lasagne recipe

Hiya Claire
Glad you are feeling better flower :clap:...
I wish I was as tall as you -I need killer heels to go with that dress or it will be polishing the floor as I walk -or falling flat on my face :p -I don't normally wear dresses either -but at least that will cover my calfs up ;)... Im waiting for a short shrug thing to come to put over mine -not sure what I will wear if not -although if this cold weather carries on I will be putting my jimjams under it and a coat over it :bundledup: -I have got a bit carried away with the sales on that website -but at least its reasonable prices :whistle:.
the lasagne was a hit... but oohhhh chicken, bacon and spinach lasagne sounds good :drool:-you could soon adapt my recipe to use what you have -I will stick the recipe for the lasagne below,,,, the white sauce is lovely with the cheese in over steamed veggies or to make pasta bakes and it doesn't taste low fat at all :happy036:-its great on green/red days as it uses a heA per serving so on EE its not so good (but I don't do many of those ;))

Now then I have found that all cheese sauce makes lasagne to rich -so I use a white sauce and put all the cheese on top as it tastes much better *plus those OHs will see all the cheese and not think "diet food"
wink.gif
* -:sign0151:

cheesy bacon lasagne
serves 4
EE = 1heA+1.5-ish syns

Green = 1heA+5.5 -if synning the bacon
wink.gif
  1. 1/2tsp oil (1)
  2. 1 large onion -chopped
  3. 2 cloves garlic - grated
  4. 120ml hot water
  5. 1 oxo -I used lamb
  6. 200g bacon(14)(chopped) -weight after all fat removed
  7. 400g mushrooms -I used frozen ones defrosted and squeezed out
  8. carton passata
  9. 1tsp dried mixed herbs
  10. slosh of balsamic
  11. seasoning
  • heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan
  • add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes
  • add the garlic and the oxo and hot water -bring to a bubble and then reduce down and cook until the liquid has evaporated and the onions are sticky
  • throw in the bacon and mushrooms and cook for about 5 mins
  • add the herbs, balsamic, passata and bubble ove a low heat until thickened -season
sauce:-
  1. 375ml semi (1.5xA)
  2. 5tsp cornflour (5) let down with a little of the milk
  3. 1tsp English mustard (0.5)
  4. seasoning
  5. 105g low fat cheddar or 70g full fat (2.5XA)
  • warm the milk
  • add the conflour mix and stir until thickened
  • add mustard and seasoning
I used about 1/4 of the white sauce on the base, then half the bolognaise, then 4 sheets lasagne, the rest of the bolognaise and top with 4 more lasagne, pour over the white sauce and top with the grated cheese -bake until golden..

I hope that ramble makes sense... I think next time I will bang in some more veggies to make it deeper ..

Right I will get off and have another cuppa..... have a lovely evening and you know where I am if you need to let off steam ;)

Good afternoon all

Yet another freezing day here -and now we have a smattering of snow too!

Im having a green day today -all be it a little odd :p:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • cheesy bacon lasagne (A+1/2xB)
  • 4 plums
  • 1 apple
  • raw carrot
  • activia (2.5)
  • 4 hazel nuts (1/2xB)
  • cornedbeef hash (5)
  • clementines
  • apple
  • fibre plus (B)
  • activia (2.5)
So that uses 2A+Bs and 10syns - I will try and use the other few syns up later if I can,,,
Now then I don't normally go around eating lasagne for brekkie -but, well.... I was up really early (well early for me:giggle:) and I was wanting something really comforting n tasty -so lasagne it was,,,, and cor it was spot on -much nicer re-heated than fresh as I guess the flavours had time to develope. Anyhoo as a result I don't need a "proper" lunch -so its fruit n yoghurt me thinks.
Im not even sure if I will fancy the cornedbeef hash, depends what mood Im in later-but if not I will pop back and alter my plan ;)
Hope everyone is staying indoors tucked up safe n warm..
Have a lovely day and keep up the great work everyone!

Hi Capricorn

Hope you don't mind me dropping in. You are losing so much weight and I had a look at your piccies and you can certainly see the difference!
I have just spent the last few evenings reading the whole of your diary - it is so inspiring and your recipes - WOW, what more can I say. I've tried a couple of them and will be printing out the ones I really fancy and will put in a folder to make them easier to find!
I've also got the wonderful World of Flavours book and not had anything I haven't liked out of it yet. Haven't tried the coq au vin yet but that's on the menu for next week, am really looking forward to it.
I'll keep popping in to read your diary daily so that I don't spend all evening on the laptop, much to OHs annoyance!

Denise

Hi Capricorn,

I made my lasagne, with your white sauce, it was lovely!! Thank you :)

It ended up being a bit of an empty the fridge into the lasagne with :

1 turkey fillet
Roast chicken
bacon
spinach
onion, leek and red pepper!!

Very tasty though and we had with sw cajun wedges, OH ate 2 massive portions which made me happy!

Hope your well

Claire x

Morning all
Hope we are all tucked up safe n warm...

Hi Denise... Glad you like the recipes... I have done the coq au vin out of that book -be warned that they add an awful lot of liquid-I adjusted it and it was scrummy (I find a lot of SW recipes use too much liquid)
I can't believe you read all my ramblins -good cure for insomnia though :giggle:. Hope to speak to you again,,,

Hiya Claire -glad you liked the cheese sauce -tis yummy over veggies ;).
Your lasagne sounds lovely -I love those dishes that are just concocted to use up odds n sods in the fridge -they always seem nicer than recipes made from specially bought ingredients.
Hope you are having a good week flower!

Its another cold one here -but very little snow -so far
Well I had to pop on and do a little :banana dancer:
You know the other week I fell in love with some clothes and decided to order a 16 ready to slim into ready for summer ?(taking advantage of the sales ;))-well the first bits arrived today and being a bit impatient I thought I would try them on and see how far off they were *truth be told I wasn't expecting to get them over my shoulders* -and oh boy -they fit :faint2: -and I mean FIT not tight or anything -although they will look better as I lose more and they are fuller......here are the 2 dresses ... and look everyone... Pretty colours :bunnydance: -I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to not slopping around next summer in heavy black clothing ..
b8d4caa3-c9b1-47f0-8e96-d1822173fc43.jpg
b87019dc-7ca3-4f27-a6d7-6a73cf9481f0.jpg

Im still more of an 18 truth be told -but when I started out on SW 32 weeks ago I never believed I could get this far -at my biggest I was a size 32 -now I KNOW I will get to a healthy BMI and size I want to be..

Im having a red day today -which should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
  • banana
  • 4 clementines
  • chicken breast
  • tomato
  • gherkin
  • carrots
  • pepper
  • frozen tropical fruit
  • activia (2.5)
  • salmon fillet
  • 198g potato (B)
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
So thats 2A+Bs and 5 syns accounted for -and I will use some more syns as I go.....
Right I will get off for now and will pop back later
have a great day everyone and keep at it...

I can't usually see photos on Minimins as I use my computer at work and I think they have some security software or something that blocks them, but I CAN see you in those dresses and my word, you are looking fab-u-lous!
Can't believe we started at about the same time and you have lost 4 times the amount that I have! You'll no doubt overtake me before Christmas (and fully deserve to!) and boy, you look so good for it - WELL DONE CAPRICORN :)

I can't usually see photos on Minimins as I use my computer at work and I think they have some security software or something that blocks them, but I CAN see you in those dresses and my word, you are looking fab-u-lous!
Can't believe we started at about the same time and you have lost 4 times the amount that I have! You'll no doubt overtake me before Christmas (and fully deserve to!) and boy, you look so good for it - WELL DONE CAPRICORN :)
Ohhh God -I wish That WAS me :p... its the pics from the site I got the dresses from... If I looked like that I would be posting full sized pics :rotflmao:
I might have lost more -but I don't have a social life :giggle: -so its easier for me to stay on track,,,You are doing great -keep at it -we will get there ;)

Hi, just looking in again just as I said I would. It's certainly much quicker keeping up to date with your diary:).
I mainly do EE as then it means me and OH have exactly the same meals - although I love cooking I don't want to be doing different things for us both! He doesn't really need to lose weight (although another couple of pounds wouldn't go amiss;)) but don't think that'll happen cos he eats too many biscuits, chocolate and crisps - I rarely eat any of them :jelous:.
Denise

Hi Capricorn,

Love the dresses, bet you can't wait to wear them when the weather warms up! Bit cold at the moment :gen125:

We have lots of snow here, very cold and to top it all off the freezer has broken so had to cook everything :( Including some party food we had in there so we had that for tea- not on plan so got to be EXTRA good this week!

Anyway just popped in to say I started again on Sunday after my little wobble and decided to weigh in on a Friday as the weekend is my hardest time so it gives me the week to recover any blips (like tonight!)

So I weighed in this morning (not at class, just at home) and showing a 2.5lb loss :bliss:

So just wanted to say thank you again for getting me back on track. It's a start isn't it :)

Hope you have had a lovely day

Claire xx

Good Afternoon all
Hope we are all safe n warm....
Tis another cold day here -although no where near as cold as it has been lately ;)
we nipped to the naffi this morning and then one of the big supermarkets on the way back (I needed to look for some kind of footwear for the "do" next week) .... Anyhoo the upshot is -I got MORE food whilst I was out :whistle:..fruit -which I can never have too much of, a 2kg lump of beef, 2kg pork and 2kg lean mince -which I need to split into packs and try and wedge in the freezer *gulp*... ooohh 3 more boxes of fibre plus bars for the store, 4kg extra mature cheese, nescafe whilst it was 50% free, and other odds n sods :p.... so its safe to say we won't get hungry any time soon ;)
Well Im having a rare EE day today and it looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 clementines
  • 1 apple
  • ladle cornedbeef hash (2)
  • activia (2.5)
  • home made beef burgers (2ish)
  • 28g cheddar (4)
  • potatoes -wedged in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • tomato
  • gherkin
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • orange
  • apple
  • fibre plus (B)
So that will be my A+B and 11 syns accounted for -
I will amend later when I make the burgers as Im doing 2 kinds -Im doing us 1 of the OX Burger ones I make and then I want to try another version -so it might be more than 2 syns...
Joedenise -I do a mix of all 3 days but hubby still pretty much has the same things -I just tweak them sometimes :p. Hubby wants to lose a bit of weight although we don't keep crisps n stuff in as I have been known to be like a human waste disposal when faced with them:eek: -thats why I went "cold turkey" on them when I first started and now I don't want them anymore ;)
Claire -Well done on your loss :woohoo: Its a good idea to swap to a Friday weigh in if you know weekends are most difficult, as you say it means you can have a few more extras then and pull it back during the week!
Keep up the great work ....and keep warm :bundledup:
Right Im off for now -have a lovely weekend all!!!

Good morning all :winter_brr:
-ok we have joined you in the snow storm now, we woke up to about 8" of the white stuff and its still going. Oh and I warn you -don't try sitting in it *not nice* :pI went out to defrost the bird bath and ended up flat on my a** :sign0007:.
Well I am down another 1lb this week:woohoo:
which means I got my 6.5st shiney :D.........

Im having a red day today and it looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 clementines
  • pineapple
  • apple
  • slow cooked beef n veg with red wine (3)
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • activia (2.5)
  • 3 crispbreads (B)
  • 28g cheddar (A)
  • gherkin
  • tomato
  • clementines
  • pineapple
  • activia (2.5)
  • fibre plus (5.5)
So that will be my 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns ... If my evening meal stays the same, depends what I feel like :p

Well -hopefully the meals this week "should" be:-
  1. slow cooked beef n veg with red wine (3)
  2. spanish pork stew with potato n chorizo (4+B)
  3. spanish tomato rice (1.5)
  4. sweet n sour pork (4)
  5. cornedbeef hash (4)
  6. cheese topped beef n potato layer (A+B)
  7. ?
I have left one empty as hubby will probably request the cornedbeef hash leftovers for a 2nd day (even though he will take it for lunch too :p). So -lets see if we get to make all these this week -I didn't get around to the chicken pizzaiola last week as the cornedbeef hash took over :D -I didn't get to do the mornay pie either so IF I can I will try and squish that in and get hubby to take the hash twice for lunch instead ;)

ooh Trudy -yes I got some shoes :p-not exactly ideal but trying to find something dressy out here in winter is near impossible -but they will have to do -you shouldn't see them under the dress anyway ;)-although if this weather keeps up I will either be A) -not going or B)-having to wear my big boots :rolleyes: -god I hate shoes and shoe shopping :banghead:
Right folks I should get off and get something done... have a great day everyone and keep safe n warm!!

Hi Capricorn!!!! Congrats on ANOTHER shiny! You go girl!!!

I put on 1 1/2 lbs this week but it was my birthday last Sunday so that's probably got something to do with it! Yesterday I went out for the first time since Tuesday! After falling on the ice last January and breaking my arm I'm paranoid about goihg out in the snow and ice!

Anyway, me and DD went on a coach trip to Bath. We had a lovely day - first of all we looked round the Christmas market which had some really beautiful jewellery, then we went round the Roman baths (I never realised they were so big - I thought it was just that pool you always see on the tv), then we went to Pizza Express and had a 4-course Christmas lunch, so I dread to think how much I weigh today!! After that we had a quick look round the shops but we didn't have time to go in many as we had to get back on the coach. I have to say I thought Bath was lovely and I'd like to go back there.

Hope you have another good week. I'm hoping the mysteries of depreciation and disposal of fixed assets will all become clear to me this week! Thrilling, huh?

Take care, bye for now, Trace xxxxxxxxxx

Good morning everyone...

Still cold n snowy here -but at least it has slowed down - for now :p

Hiya Trace -hope you had a good birthday, you will get that itty bit off again, I know you will. Hmmmm this weeks studies sound *interesting* ;) - I can see a trip to the pub being in order, purely so you and your friends can discuss it of course :D. Have a good week and watch out for that ice.. I went over yesterday but at least I landed on my well upholstered backside :p

Thanks Paul -and :wow:-you have got off to an amazing start, what brilliant losses you have achieved :clap:-keep up the great work:D
Thanks Trudy :D -glad Im not the only one who hates shoe shopping too! Have a good week!

Well I have decided that today is going to be a red one..
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats (B)
  • banana
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • orange
  • salmon fillet
  • cauliflower
  • activia (2.5)
  • pineapple
  • sweet n sour pork (4)
  • onions+carrots - stirfried in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • activia (2.5)
So that will be 2A+Bs and 9.5syns accounted for..
Im doing hubby rice with his sweet n sour -but Im just going to have lots of stirfried carrots n onions mmmmmm - there are peppers in the stirfry anyway and I may "buy" some peas or sweetcorn ... we will see...

Right -I will get off for now, have a great day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Hi, Capricorn. I've been stalking for a while, but thought I should stick my head above the parapet, and say "Hi".:cool:

I've been enjoying your recipes, and your attitude to SW and life - but I've just had to go right back to your early posts, cos you referred back to that bizarre piece of equipment, and I didn't know what it was! So now I've been properly introduced to you, as I've read the beginning.

To introduce myself, I can only really point you to my diary. It's not as interesting as yours, but it's pretty honest about who I am. I too love cooking, but I struggle for time in my normal working week, so tend to do my creating mostly on the occasional quiet weekend. Also I live only with my exceedingly fussy 16-year-old daughter, :rolleyes: so most days I tend to do things that are easily adapted to suit both of us, and then just once in a while make up big batches of nice stuff that I can freeze in single portions. Your concoctions make me :drool:.

So anyway - nice to meet you!

Today I'm eating the superspeed soup that I made last night. I'm potentially going to be very sory for my colleagues by mid-afternoon, :eek: :479:, but I'm probably safe to talk to you, as you might - JUST - be at a safe distance!

Anyway: "I'll be back". (And if you really knew me, you'd know that's just as scary as Arnie saying it.):eek:

Wow Capricorn 6.5 stones! The stuff off dreams! :D You must be so so proud of yourself and all in only 7 months :eek:
JimoTroy you've done brilliantly as well ;) I only hope i can follow the same path you two have done an maintain some good losses over the next few months :)

Back