Back for a short while

Yasmine

One last chance
Hi, there are so many new faces here on minimins I thought I would introduce myself.

My name's Yasmine, I recently got off Lipotrim before reaching target. It was ok back then because I was content with how I looked.

I finished Lipotrim about 3 weeks ago and did refeed for 2. I lost 2lbs on the first week but then gained 1lb on the second due to water retention and muscle gain. But even though I knew this, I wasn't happy and I let it get to me so badly, that I started to get very obbsessive.

I allowed myself to eat chocolate to try and see if I could try to enjoy it in moderation. But eating it triggered something, must have been the old me, and I just scoffed so much chocolate and I was doing that for about 3 days straight. I completely lost control.

I have gained 1st 1lb now, and I am so distraught about it. So I've decided to go back on lipotrim to lose the stone I gained and to get slightly underneath 10st. This way when I go back to maintenance, I can at least prevent myself from going over 10st 4lbs, which was the weight I came off LT for the first time.

A lot of people are saying that I shouldn't go back on lipotrim, but I really have to. I gained 1st in just a week, who knows how long it will take for me gain the rest of the 5 stones I lost. I've made this decision and I will not change it. I hope you guys who advised me not to don't think I'm being ignorant or anything. I really do appreciate your concerns for me. But I really do feel that I know what I'm doing. Please trust me.

I've had my taste of chocolate and other junk and I hate it. Chocolate gives me a head ache, and junk makes me feel like a slob. After LT, I'll be going back to the healthy stuff, and it will be healthy food all the way for me. I was a lot happier eating healthily and felt much safer. I guess I have to avoid junk now, moderation doesn't seem to work, so I should just avoid it. I don't need it I guess:rolleyes:

I'll be on LT for about 2 weeks. Depends on when I get down to 10st.

Heya I is a newbie and on day 5

I know the feeling bout choccie, if I had red wine I would have a big bar of galaxy and started having this every night, when I put 2lb on in a week I swopped to Lipotrim to take food away altogether.

When I go on full food I will stick to the Rosemary Conely plan and calories.

Good luck with losing your weight this time. :) you can do it :)

Thanks. I was doing fine, I was calorie counting and had everything under control, it's only when I allowed myself to have chocolate where the old me crept back. It was horrible!

What scares me even more is the fact that I gained 1st in 1 week!

Well done on making it to day 5 so far, how's it going for you?

How long was you off lipotrim when you gained the stone ?

I am finding it ok, am worried cos not had the mad hunger pangs etc and feel ok apart from this cold, so am worried I have it yet to come lol

I was off lipotrim for 3 weeks. The first two weeks I was going through the refeeding programme, then I was on maintenance where I was learning to stabalise my weight. But I went crazy and had binges everyday.

If you haven't really felt the pangs it's completely ok. I didn't really feel it in the beginning either. I actually found LT easier in the beginning, it's when it got near the end where I was getting annoyed because I was fed up and my weightloss was slowing down like crazy.

Good luck back on LT Yasmine. I think it's a shame you've had to come back to it but it is your decision and I wish you all the luck with it. I'm so glad you learnt from your bingeing though. After your next refeeding I'm sure you will have everything under control and eat healthily and be a lot happier.

Hope you're feeling happier being back on LT, not nice to read that you were so down on yourself.

Hi Yasmine :D

First off you have done amazing so far on lipotrim and you should be really proud of yourself. I was looking at your refeed plan (just call me nosy) the other week and it looks very healthy and well balanced.

I know how your feeling hun with the weight gain, similar to you last year I lost nearly 4 stone on a low calorie and circuit training program, but once I started uni I piled over 16 pounds of that back on - the takeaways just wasnt worth it.

You have come so far and you will get this stone off in no time, and your moving forward now as you have recognised the root of the problem - so fair play to you girl.

Just wondering if when you went on refeed did you ever measure your body fat percentage? If you could compare that to now you may find it hasnt changed much and perhaps a lot of that stone is water weight??

Good luck Yasmine and all the best, even though you have achieved so much already as a lot of people dont have the strength to do what you have done.

Jodie x

Good luck back on LT Yasmine. I think it's a shame you've had to come back to it but it is your decision and I wish you all the luck with it. I'm so glad you learnt from your bingeing though. After your next refeeding I'm sure you will have everything under control and eat healthily and be a lot happier.

Hope you're feeling happier being back on LT, not nice to read that you were so down on yourself.
Thanks mini, I will be a lot happier. And yes, when I do refeed and start maintenance I will defintely not make the same mistakes. how's things going for you?

Hi Yasmine :D

First off you have done amazing so far on lipotrim and you should be really proud of yourself. I was looking at your refeed plan (just call me nosy) the other week and it looks very healthy and well balanced.

I know how your feeling hun with the weight gain, similar to you last year I lost nearly 4 stone on a low calorie and circuit training program, but once I started uni I piled over 16 pounds of that back on - the takeaways just wasnt worth it.

You have come so far and you will get this stone off in no time, and your moving forward now as you have recognised the root of the problem - so fair play to you girl.

Just wondering if when you went on refeed did you ever measure your body fat percentage? If you could compare that to now you may find it hasnt changed much and perhaps a lot of that stone is water weight??

Good luck Yasmine and all the best, even though you have achieved so much already as a lot of people dont have the strength to do what you have done.

Jodie x
Thanks J lo, it may be water, but then again I don't think it is. My jeans feel tighter and I feel fat and everything. Not only do I see it, but the fact that I can feel it too. And all in all, a 1 stone gain is disgusting regardless of it being water or fat. For me, it's unacceptable and something must be done immediately. I know that sounds a bit loopy but heck :)

I think I didn't refeed long enough either. Not eating for months and then all of sudden food is back in at such a short time, I guess it gave my body a bit of a shock and didn't have enough time to settle before I go off to start eating without the LT guidlines.

Really sorry to hear that u put the weight back on but it sounds like u have your head screwed on so im sure you can do it.

kelly x

Hi Yasmine

Hey little lady, don't be so hard on yourself. You have lost a massive amount of weight, in fact an inspiration to all of us. So, you have struggled with the refeed, so what. We are none of us perfect. Fantastic that you have decided to jump straight back on the pony and not let it slide until you were a...say...3 stone gain!!
This LT is BOOT CAMP, its not the real world with food and cravings and hormones etc etc etc. Use this time back on LT to have a rethink about food and to feed your body what it really needs.
I am planning to go vegetarian after 'boot camp'. I know its a healthy way of life, its stops you just picking up the first thing at a buffet and shoving in your gob without considering the content, and in supermarkets it makes you read the labels...so on and so forth. Chocolate may just have to be a small piece of dark choc, organic of course if I really, really crave it.
Well that's the plan anyway.
Good luck and welcome back to the fold x;)

Thanks mini, I will be a lot happier. And yes, when I do refeed and start maintenance I will defintely not make the same mistakes. how's things going for you?

I'm doing fine Yasmine thanks! Really looking forward to refeeding in 3 weeks and tasting some different tastes. Getting bored of the shakes and also can't wait for some different textures.

I've lowered my goal weight by a few pounds cos I think that's more maintainable in the long run. I'm very happy with the way I look now and I think 1 more stone off would be plenty.

Good luck back on LT, you know you will do fine on it and lose that stone in no time. Glad you're happier too.

Hi Yasmine,
Welcome, it must be hard after such a long time having things decided for us about what we are eating, to then be allowed to take control again. I wish you didn't seem so down on yourself, you stumbled and fell but here you are again, up and sorting it out. We learn so much from each other on here, from the successes to the difficulties. Thanks for coming back and posting your difficulty because it will help others like me to plan more carefully when our time comes. So thank you Yasmine and here's wishing you all the best of success.
Doirin

Yasmin!!!! Hi there hun!!! well I totally totally undstand what you mean and how you feel, my refeed was fine then I went on hol and went mad, I gained 24lb in 3 weeks, I cam back yesterday morning, I showered, changed and went straight to the chemist and got LT so this is my second day back on it. I must say Iam glad to be back in control of what I eat and I am hoping I only need to do about a month on LT, good luck hun x x

Hi Yas!
As I said in the refeed section - at the end of the day your decision would be your decision and was to be respected whatever it turned out to be. So although I tried to dissuade you from doing it this way you'll get nothing but support from me!

Nice to see you in a more positive frame of mind, just go forward now.

Best of luck with it xx

Hi Yas! Welcome back hun! How are you doing? You seem pretty positive about getting back on and kicking it once and for all. Look at what happened in a good way, its taught you exactly what the problem is that you need to address and instead of running for more junk food like you may have done previously, you've realised you need to get back on a diet and lose it again. It's a step in the right direction! :D good luck sweetie xx

Hiya hon, soz to hear you regained a bit but you're doing something positive about it.:) One thing I am curious about...what are full mudammas? I am prob miles off in my thinking with my filthy mind! :D

Hi Yas, Sorry you lost control of the chocolate situation. I had my very first piece (6 small squares) of organic 70% dark chocolate last night. I ate it very slowly and savoured it, I was very nervous in case it triggered something off, but thankfully it hasn't. It was enough for me. I weighed myself this morning, 5 days into maintenance and I'm still exactly 10 stone 13.5 lbs. :scale:Phew! I'm now SO into clothes and accessories now that I HAD to buy everything new, in a size 14.....that's where I get my joy now, not food. I sometimes don't even feel hungry until 12.00 mid-day, so then I have my breakfast then! Good luck in getting everything under control.

welcome back Yasmine,

i know you're probably gutted to be back but i think its a really positive thing. when i did LT a couple of years ago i kept the weight off for about 3 months then it started again. i WISH i had done what you are doing, as now that i gained
all the weight back plus an additional 4stone(!!!!) it's so much more of a challenge.

You'll do it for sure, you've had your scare and you have learned.

Good luck mate

xx

Thanks everyone :). I'm on my second day and I think I've already hit ketosis, breath reaks already and I'm not really that hungry. So far so good. It's strange too because when I have my shakes I get so full, I never used to.

Hiya hon, soz to hear you regained a bit but you're doing something positive about it.:) One thing I am curious about...what are full mudammas? I am prob miles off in my thinking with my filthy mind! :D

LOL full mudammas is an egyptian bean dish. I love it to bits!

Here's a pic http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/836/588249.JPG

Back