Back for good!

Hi Lorlypop, here to subscribe :)

Hi Lorlypop

Here to follow... You will get back in no time!

Over the last few weeks I thought I's take a bit more of an Atkins-based approach (ie more fat.. Think cheese and mayo!)

I have started doing this too! Albeit no cheese or may - just not bothering cutting out the fat from my steaks or removing chicken skin :D

xx

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement and support - I don't know where I'd be without this site... (Hmm about 42lbs heavier, probably!)

I've managed to keep on the straight & narrow since my last post, despite a lot of temptation. Having a OH who can eat like a horse (nay - or neigh?! - a pig) and look like a Men's Health cover model does not help. (Note: I would much rather that he had a pot belly - I would feel far more comfortable about my extra chub!) A little day trip to London in the sunshine yesterday saw him scoff a huge portion of gorgeous looking Ethiopian food from Greenwich market (think rice, beans, chickpeas, potatoes) and then he insisted on buying pick n' mix from this amazing new little shop in Covent Garden - one of my biggest weaknesses! (It's called Sugar Sin for those who fancy a google and are in to self-torture!) I came <--> this close to caving in and buying a massive bag of pick n' mix then suggesting a burger from Shake Shack at the market... But my head prevailed and I waited patiently outside. I know that he felt guilty, but why should he?! He himself has sacrificed so many meals out because there are so few restaurants that are Dukan-friendly (or I just couldn't bear to order protein and salad!) My aim is to get to that place (where you are, Jo) - where I can have a treat, enjoy it, and savour (rather than stuff myself until sickness). I've always over-eaten, but never in the "quick-what-else-have-I-not-been-able-to-eat-for-the-last-xx-months-I-know-a-peanut-butter-sandwich-is-just-what-I-need-to-wash-down-this-half-a-box-of-cereal-and-three-left-over-mince-pies-and-ooh-is-that-a-bag-of-kettle-chips" kind of way. I feel as though I've been "deprived" for so long that I use any "break" as an excuse to fill up on the tiniest thing that I might have missed. Not good!

Anyway, as above, I stayed strong, and I've even baked cookies for a meeting at work tomorrow without licking the spoon (they smell flipping amazing as well!) I have still been working out and dabbling a little bit with carb/calorie cycling after reading about the successes that some people have had with it on other forums. Scales are still broken but I feel a little less wobbly. The last time I weighed in, I was about 10st 9 - which is actually 1lb below my original Dukan true weight calculated by the doctor 3 years ago - so technically I probably could / should move on to conso? With everything going on in my mind right now though, I am just not ready to take that step. Newbies - Dukan reckons you should never stay on cruise longer than you need to - so please don't do as I do!! :-/ Having been 10lbs lighter before christmas (without struggling too much), I would like to get there again & then try conso when I have that incentive to stay there.

It sounds like an amazing day... but it must have been tough not to join him on the food front. What did you manage to find for yourself to eat? It's true that, although we don't want our other halves to be deprived necessarily, it's still hard watching (listening, smelling...). I used to have some chicken or something when OH had something on Saturday evening from "the cupboard", but I don't really want to keep overeating on Dukan just to quell my emotional/deprivation issues, so I now opt to clean my teeth early to get out of the way! Greenwich market is an excellent place to visit but oh so foody!

Technically yes you could (and probably should?) move to Conso now... and you might find it easier to stabilise your weight at the "original Dukan true weight calculated by the doctor". I understand your reticence at going there right now, and your preference to go 10lbs under and then try (with a cushion), but are we then making things even harder for ourselves I wonder? Working out regularly is also great and I'm sure it helps us mentally and physically having those endowotsits whizzing around...

Take care
x

"quick-what-else-have-I-not-been-able-to-eat-for-the-last-xx-months-I-know-a-peanut-butter-sandwich-is-just-what-I-need-to-wash-down-this-half-a-box-of-cereal-and-three-left-over-mince-pies-and-ooh-is-that-a-bag-of-kettle-chips" kind of way. I feel as though I've been "deprived" for so long that I use any "break" as an excuse to fill up on the tiniest thing that I might have missed. Not good!

:8855:

You have basically put into words what I feel when I cheat :p - love it!

I am acutally looking forward to conso where :)fingerscrossed:) I wont feel "deprived" and can enjoy the once weekly celebration without thinking "quick-what-else-have-I-not-been-able-to-eat-for-the-last-xx-months-I-know-a-peanut-butter-sandwich-is-just-what-I-need-to-wash-down-this-half-a-box-of-cereal-and-three-left-over-mince-pies-and-ooh-is-that-a-bag-of-kettle-chips"

Good job on not licking the spoon - thats always the worst... looks so delish that you have to stick it in the sink immediately to stop yourself!

Back