Back on track after giving birth - looking for buddies!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I FINALLY gave birth to my little girl two weeks ago today after what seemed like an age long wait for her to arrive. I've been following SW loosely on and off throughout the pregnancy, which helped me to finish 1/2lb lighter than when I found out that I was pregnant. I've lost a fair chunk since giving birth, obviously, but still have plenty to lose. I rejoined a SW group 2 weeks before she was born and am hoping to get back there today (depending on when the midwife comes) to find out just where I'm at now and to start afresh. Being off on maternity leave at the moment makes picking easy, too easy, and it might get a little lonely as my OH is back at work from today. I have a diary but lots of the old regulars who used to post have slowly disappeared so I'm looking for anyone on here who might like to help try and support each other on their threads/diaries and hopefully motivate each other to keep going.

Hi I'm in I had my lil girl on the 12th of January been at s/w seven weeks only lost 9lb so far I'm trying red days at the moment be great to share with someone it's madness with a baby an sometimes hard to eat right but we will get there good luck

It is hard isn't it? We've lived on things that could be thrown in the oven for the last 2 weeks. Everyone is amazed I'm back after just 2 weeks but if I don't go back now, I'll just keep eating rubbish.

How long have you been at SW for? Did you try extra easy first?

Welcome caz, and massive congratulations on the birth of your baby girl xx

I first joined in 2008 lost 5 1/2 stone two kids later an lots of rejoins I'm not back where I started but close as I'm home with my 3 year old an baby it's just a struggle for time to cook as I have a older son who has disablitys, I did extra easy but only lost 2 1/2 every other week or stayed the same so I've been doing red this week but not hopeful as my new pill still messing with my body what plan are you looking to do

well done going back so soon I waited till after my 6 week check but did have c section so was housebound for a bit

Hi Caz my little boy is 12 weeks on Monday started slimming world last jan & stuck to it loosely during pregnancy well done on being half a pound lighter than when you found out that's brilliant :)

I managed to make it to group yesterday, seems giving birth has left me 1st 6.5lb lighter... it seems like a cheat but I'll take it anyway! If I could just push out a few more babies I'd be at target!

Shell how are you doing now after the c section? I'm guessing by now you're all healed and back to normal? How are you finding SW with a little one tamkat?

Hi that's great new car I never knew how much I weighed as didn't want to know but I feel I'm slimmer since having my baby yes I'm all healed now just never have 5 mins for myself an only lost a half a pound today so not happy my weight lose seems very very slow

Congratulations, Caz on the birth of your baby girl! Well done too with getting back to SW group so quickly!

Kathy x

Back