Back to Basics to Loose the Last Few Pounds!

charlotte1985 said:
It was today, but I didn't go! I know thats naughty, but I need to get myself together. I've been really good today, I'll post my diary in a moment. Hopefully the binge is over and out of my system for now!

I weighed on my scales at home and they said 9 stone 5!!!!! Thats 4.5 lbs in a week (fully deserved)!

Its me all over, loose some, gain some, loose some, blah blah blah!

I did wonder if its down to anything, like theres some sort of trigger? I started this diary after an epic binge, which would have been around this time last month. Or it may just be because it was valentines day this time last month and then my birthday this month...anyway, hopefully I'm back on track!

Well at least you're back on track now - the key for me is always breaking the cycle - just takes a while sometimes! Hmm, know what u mean about triggers - I definitely have a sod it attitude!

Food for today looks good. My favs are definitely green days but carbs just dont seem to agree with me - especially pasta and bread.

Am sure your gain will come off super quick - bet most of it is water weight and it was your birthday so I think that deserves some celebrating :)

Wednesday 14th March - RED

A: 250ml s/s milk (use during the day for coffee)
A: 30g cheese
B: 2 slices wholemeal nimble
B: wholemeal pitta

Breakfast:- Apple and mullerlight.
Lunch:- hot smoked salmon (2), quark and salad (lettuce, cabbage, carrot, celery and cucumber) wholemeal pitta
Snack:- Ham salad sandwich. 2 murray mints (2 - pointless syns - must avoid tomorrow)
Dinner:- Chicken bread and 2 rashers of bacon cooked in homemade ragu (tinned toms, garlic and onion), green beans, brocolli and cheese
Supper: Apple and Strawberries

Total Syns 4 (murray mint x 2, Black pepper hot smoked salmon)

Exercise: Davina Target shoulders and legs (10 mins approx) + 20 mins walking

Thursday 15th March - GREEN

Trying to do 7 speed food, 7 drinks, 7 syns challenge again

B: 35g porridge
B: wholemeal pitta

Breakfast:- strawberries, apple and nat yog with porridge
Lunch:- Batchelors pasta n sauce (1)
Snack:- Lentil soup (lentils, carrot and onion) with 30g wholemeal pasta. highlights hot choc and choc digestive (6)
Dinner:- s/w chips with cheese and salad pitta (lettuce, cabbage, carrot, celery and cucumber)

Total Syns 7 (had more than this - scoffed a load of revels at night)

Exercise: - walking to and from school and work

Last edited:
Friday 16th March - RED

B: 2 weetabix
B: 4 ryvita

Breakfast:- Apple and kiwi, weetabix and ff nat yog
Lunch: ham and cheese omlette
Snack:- Ham salad (lettuce, celery and cucumber).
Dinner:- hot smoked salmon (2), quark and 4 ryvita

Total Syns 2 - Black pepper hot smoked salmon

Exercise: only walking to and from school, the shops, playgroup and work today, really gotta get back into it!

I hope so, had a minor blip with the revels last night. Only problem is, we're going for a mothers day meal tomorrow! Ah well, still got 7 WI's till my hols, so I think I'll be OK xx

How you getting on? I've been rubbish updating my diary but have been pretty good over the weekend which is good for me! Hope you have a fab mothers day. 7 wi's is a good length of time :)

777 is 7 speed foods, 7 drinks of water and 7 syns (each day) for 7 days. I think the whole point is to eat more speed foods, therefore eating less free foods or syns.

Had a fab mothers day, total food blow out (on saturday, I've been good on actualy mothers day)! Goodness me! I've been half hearted lately! Just gotta focus on those 7 WI's, the first of which being this Tuesday.

Last edited:
Sunday 18th March - GREEN

B: 30g cheese

Breakfast:- weetabix and milk
Lunch:- Batchelors pasta n sauce (1)
Dinner:- wholemeal pasta, brocolli, green beans, pasatta and 30g cheese

Total Syns 1

Exercise: - Davina buff boxing

Monday 19th March - GREEN

B: 2 ryvita
B: 35g porridge

Breakfast:- porridge, ff natural yog and kiwi
Lunch:- Half baked potato, beans, lettuce, carrot and celery
Dinner:- The other half baked potato, beans, lettuce, carrot and celery
Supper:- 2 ryvita and 30g cheese

Total Syns 0

Exercise: - Davina buff legs and core

Didn't quite manage 7 speed foods today, but have had a busy day at work and so didn't manage my usual afternoon lentil soup. Anyway, WI tomorrow and then I'm planning a little experiment on myself. From Tuesday (WI) to Monday (26th) I'm going to make sure I do at least 20 mins exercise every evening (not including my walk to school and back and work and back). I am also going to make sure I have up to 10 syns a day.

Last edited:
Tuesday 20th March - GREEN

WI - 9 stone 0

Breakfast:- 2 weetabix, ff natural yog and kiwi
Lunch:- Spicy mug shot
Snack:- Homemade tomato and lentil soup (tinned toms, lentils, carrot and onion). Chocolate digestive and highlights hot choc
Dinner:- Wholemeal pasta, brocolli, green beans, passatta and cheese
Supper:- stawberries, 2 weetabix and milk

Total Syns 6

Exercise: - Davina buff arms

Last edited:
Oh yeah...got my 3 stone sticker too! Re-set my target to 9 stone, so can go between 9 stone 3 and 8 stone 11 (is that right)?

Last edited:
Wednesday 21st March - GREEN

B: 1 weetabix and 2 scan bran
B: 2 slices wholemeal nimble

Breakfast:- 1 scan bran, ff natural yog and kiwi and strawberries. Followed by 1 sb and 1 weetabix and milk
Lunch:- boiled egg, beans and toast
Snack:- Homemade tomato and lentil soup (tinned toms, lentils, carrot and onion). 6 quality street(!) and satsuma
Dinner:- baked potato, cheese, lettuce and carrot
Supper:- ff natural yog and kiwi and strawberries

Total Syns 15

Exercise: - Hannah Waterman cardio and toning

Back