Back to Basics to Loose the Last Few Pounds!

Hey, not popped in a while but big congrats on the loss! You've done amazingly well and your menus are always fab - doesn't seem like you deprive yourself. I have heard people say they find maintaining hard but I'm sure you'll find something that works for u :) :)

Wednesday 4th April - GREEN

A: 30g cheese
A: 250ml milk
B: 2 slices nimble
B: 2 weetabix

Breakfast:- 2 slices toast with beans and boiled egg
Lunch:- baked potato, cottage cheese and salad leaves
Snack:- 2 weetabix with milk and grapes
Dinner:- wholemeal pasta, chickpeas, brocolli, passatta and cheese. low fat custard pot (6.5)
Supper:- apple and ff nat yog. Then later, slice of nimble and beans. (2.5)

Total Syns 9

Last edited:
Thursday 5th April - GREEN

A: 75g soft cheese
A: 50g feta
B: 1 1/2 shredded wheat

Breakfast:- 2 slices toast with soft cheese. 100ml milk (2.5)
Snack:- Mugshot
Lunch:- cous cous and salad leaves, feta with rocket
Snack:- custard and apple (6.5)
Dinner:- wholewheat pasta, brocolli and soft cheese, jelly (0.5)
Supper:- shredded wheat and ff nat yog

Update...went for a mug of soup over any syns or extra HE's

Total Syns 9.5

Been really hungry the past two days, I'm sticking to the plan, and not going over my syns, but cant help but worry that I'm eating too much, and mistaking hunger with boredom! I'm still hungry now, and I'm tempted to have another B choice and not syn it, or I've got some syn free homemade soup in the freezer - hummm would be more sensible to scoff that! Don't know whats up with me, maybe its the chocolate cold turkey hitting me!

Anyway, pat on the back for me, made chocolate cupcakes with my kids today, and not a crumb passed my lips! Small victory. Still CRAVING the stuff though.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Looking forward to coming out the other side ha!

Last edited:
Friday 6th April - GREEN

B: 1 1/2 shredded wheat

Breakfast:- 2 slices toast with beans. kiwi
Snack:- shredded wheat and milk
Lunch:- rice, tinned toms, kidney beans, garlic and spices. apple
Snack:- s/w macaroni cheese (quite big for a snack, but hey ho)
Dinner:- baked potato, salad leaves, chickpeas and 25g feta (3)
Supper:- jelly and ff nat yog (0.5)

Syns:- 3.5

I havent done any exercise for a few days, but I'm having an operation on Wed, so I'll be out of action for a few weeks exercise wise anyway, so i suppose i'm kind of thinking 'whats the point'.

I'll start up with a renewed enthusiasm once I'm back off my hols

Last night I felt really full up, I spent most of yesterday eating and picking - all within the plan, but still probably too much food.

Anyway, I'm going to have a drink of orange squash today each time I feel like food, and see if that helps. If I'm still hungry 15mins after the drink, then I'll have something to eat. I was toying with the idea of red days, but I've got some much green food in, it would be silly to go out and buy more stuff!

Kids are away at mother in laws today, so I'm just going to enjoy the quiet. My husband hasnt got out of bed yet!

So today, I'm hoping for a quiet lazy slimming world friendly day! x

Saturday 7th April - GREEN

A: 75g soft cheese
B: 4 ryvita

Breakfast:- 2 weetabix, apple and ff nat yog. 100ml milk (2.5)
Lunch:- tomato and lentil soup. apple and ff nat yog
Snack:- ryvita, cheese, soft cheese and carrots
Dinner:- wholewheat pasta, chickpeas, brocolli and soft cheese
Supper:- strawberries and cherry mullerlight.

Total syns:- 2.5

Sunday 8th April - RED

B: 35g porridge

Breakfast:- ham omlette on toast
Lunch:- cheese, salad leaves and carrots
Snack:- cherry mullerlight
Dinner:- 100g chicken with stuffing (2) 100g mash (4) carrots and brocolli
Supper:- strawberries, ff nat yog and porridge

Total syns:- 6

Monday 9th April - GREEN

Got WI tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it! I havent felt this excited to get weighed in a while ha! I think - actually - I know its because Ive been really good this week, stuck to the plan 100%! Although I've not exercised at all, I'm still keeping everything crossed for a loss. I just hope I'm not disappointed!

Got a mexican themed party on sat, so I will give myself a night off - note to self: just the night off, not the whole day!! Apart from that, hoping to be good as gold again.

B: porridge
B: 1.5 shredded wheat

Breakfast:- porridge, 2 kiwis and ff nat yog.
Lunch:- baked potato, beans and salad
Snack:- spicy mugshot
Dinner:- wholewheat pasta, brocolli and passata sprinkled with cheese
Supper:- shredded wheat, brooklea toffee yogurt (annoyed because these are fat free and look abit like mullerlights, discovered this one is 3.5syns!!)

Total syns:- 3.5

Good luck for tomorrow. Sounds like you definitely deserve a good loss :)

I've had a v naughty few days but am going shopping tomorrow and do some meal plans

Let me know how u get on :) :)

Thanks, I'm chuffed, I think i must be 'back in the zone' haha cos I've had a few good days (not sure if it amounts to weeks yet).

Just want to stay focused on the diet. Having an operation tomorrow so i won't be able to do any exercise for a few weeks.

If I can get to 8 stone 7 by 1st May then I'll be a very happy girl! xx

Tuesday 10th April - GREEN

B: 1.5 shredded wheat

Breakfast:- beans on toast
Lunch:- tomato and lentil soup
Snack:- shredded wheat and milk
Dinner:- sw chips, egg, beans and salad leaves and carrot
Supper:- mullerlight and 25g multigrain hoops

Total syns:- 5

charlotte1985 said:
Thanks, I'm chuffed, I think i must be 'back in the zone' haha cos I've had a few good days (not sure if it amounts to weeks yet).

Just want to stay focused on the diet. Having an operation tomorrow so i won't be able to do any exercise for a few weeks.

If I can get to 8 stone 7 by 1st May then I'll be a very happy girl! xx

Hope your op goes ok and it's nothing serious. I'm sure you'll smash your holiday target :) xx

Thanks, I'm actually getting my implant removed. I'm quite looking forward to it.

Its a long story, but basically, I had uneven boobs when I was younger, so when I was 17 I got an implant in one side and left the other 'normal'. Anyway, since having my kids, gaining and then loosing weight, they are uneven again.

So today, I'm getting the implant removed...will probably be like an A, or, if I'm lucky, a B cup, but I'm just glad to be back to normal again, and not have to stuff my bra to even them up.

I haven't told anyone at work tho, I'm not overly close to anyone there, and i don't feel like its their business (even tho I'm telling a stranger right now lol). I'll be back to work on Monday, but I will have to be careful, so not sure if I should mention it to my boss.

Anyway, having to fast ready for the op, so not sure how much of a food diary I'll come up with today...can't be bad for weight loss though! xx

Also...when I got my appointment, they sent me a little menu, so i could get some food afterwards, just a sandwich and drink etc...but I was thinking about taking my own stuff so I can calculate the syns...I dont want to go off track because I'm having a mexican night on Sat which will be loaded with syns...is that a bit too controlled??

Yeah, I think sometimes it's easier to talk about all this sort of stuff with people you dont know.

Very random but I actually had mine done years ago. I was absolutely tiny up top and it really affected my confidence. It's been ages now and I'd quite like them done again but I think me and my boyf will try for kids in a year or so. Did yours change much afterwards?

Hope the op goes well for you. Do u have to take much time off?

Usually I would think its too controlled and just to relax on the food front but after spending a weekend with my boyf's super slim friend and seeing how controlled she is, I really think dieting is all about control unfortunately. I think you should eat what your comfortable with - if your happy to eat the hospital food then do that but if you're going to worry then take something with u. I remember I felt so sick when I woke up and couldn't keep any food down anyway!

I think it's really good you're not thinking " I couldn't eat on wed so will just eat what I want on thurs" or that you "deserve" a treat after the op. that would be my mindset which is probably why you're sticking to it so much better than me!

Fingers crossed it all goes well for u anyway. Sorry if that was all a bit of a ramble! Xx

Food Diary for Wednesday 11th April:-

B: Porridge
B: 2 Slices WW bread

Breakfast:- Porridge made with milk. Mullerlight
After op:- Ainsley Harriet cous cous (2)
Later on:- Cheese salad sandwich

Operation went well. Had it done under sedation, which was lovely! Felt like the best rest I've had since my kids were born! lol

The side with the implant didnt change at all after kids, but the normal one really shrank after weight loss.

I asked to keep the implant - not sure what I'm going to do with it though! Interestingly, it had actually started to leak (after nearly 10 years). So it might be worth you getting them replaced after kids if you're thinking about it, just for safety reasons. They weren't PIP implants by the way. Not sure when they had split, I hadnt felt any pain so I wouldnt have otherwise known.

Took the cous cous to the hospital with me, I feel better that I did. I get into this mind set that if I eat something that I can't 100% be sure of the syn count, then I might as well eat what I want cos I've blown it anyway - hence taking the cous cous.

Anyway, feeling good. Getting my bandages off next Tuesday....very excited!

I think dieting is all about control too. Who'd be a women eh! xx

Thursday 12th April - GREEN (just for a change)

Sitting around at home, feeling a bit bored! Home alone, and TV's crap! Anyway, making an effort to rest and not keep looking in the fridge!

So far today I've had....

B: 2 slices WW bread
B: Shredded wheat

Breakfast:- Mullerlight. Boiled egg on toast
Lunch:- Baked potato, beans and cheese salad.

For dinner I'm planning on having some cous cous (2syns) and salad. Nice and easy.
Had a mullerlight and apple after - I had my dinner at 4pm....down to boredom!

Then later on I'll either have 2 weetabix, or 1.5 shredded wheat and milk - went for 1.5 shredded wheat and milk

So that will mean 2 syns for the day.

Tomorrow (might as well plan it, seeing as I'm not doing much else).

Friday 13th April - GREEN

A: 30g Cheese
B: 35g porridge

Breakfast:- porridge with milk. apple
Snack/lunch:- mug shot
will be out from 11am at hospital with mum, so not sure when we'll be back - therefore not planning a lunch
Dinner:- Baked potato, beans, cheese salad
Supper:- Weetabix and mullerlight. apple

Saturday will be tough. I already know I'm giving myself the night off, which could be dangerous! When I do this normally, I spend all day eating rubbish! So I'm hoping to be as sensible as I can all day, and then at 6pm I will relax my control lol! I should set off a party pooper to start the clock!

Then on Sunday, I will wake up, with the night before out of my system, and I'll be back on track....well thats the plan anyway!

Last edited:
Back