Step 1 Sole Source Back to it...

I'm the same I can wait until like 11am for my 1st shake then have one at 2 or 3 but as soon as I've had that one I'm hungry again .. Weird : / I've had 2 boiled eggs today : ) xx

I'm on SS+ so don't have any eggs - are you on 3 shakes & them your meal?

Got a bit of a headache coming on tonight - 1st time I've had any affects actually.

Hi all. Sounds like everyone's doing great.

I've had a shockingly bad day.... Feeling very sorry for myself. Daughter came home with a letter from school about a school trip costing nearly.... Wait for it..... £700!!!! OMG. Then hubby and I had a massive row, he threw a fit and stormed out. So I had some toast.... Couldn't help it. Don't feel great for it, but don't regret it either. I was having a wobbly day anyway, and that just kind of tipped me over. But I'll draw a line under it and tomorrows another day. Xx

£700 is just ridiculous!! I'd tell them to jog on lol, as for the toast forget about it tomorrow is a clean slate you can get back into it : ) xx

This evening I had CD Original porridge with a spoonful of chocolate shake mixed in. It was lovely, like having chocolate pudding.
I'm fairly sure you can have eggs on SS+ now.
Benefiber is very good -- you just add a spoonful to your shakes and you don't taste it. Both Tescos and Asda are doing it for £5 a tub at the moment.

Hi everyone, day 5 for me too Rachel but I think I've only lost 3lbs - I have got weigh in tomorrow morning so we will see on her scales - I was hoping to see more than this
:((. Her scales had a lower starting weight than mine anyway.

Had the mushroom soup today - delicious! I have now mastered the plain porridge - which was my dinner - I am still having it hot as I can't see the major problem in that - ill ask her tomorrow.

Now got a hot chocolate for a bit later- I can do from 9.30am until 2.30pm for my second one yet I find I eat the other 2 within a few hours on evening - the 3rd makes me feel hungry so ill have a big mug of tea now.

Big problem today.......constipation!!!!!

Confused... The porridge should be hot! How else would you eat it? Mix it with hot water and microwave it as per instructions on the pack = hot porridge?!

My CDC told me that we can use hot/warm water but not boiling hot - I asked her today & she said if the water is too hot it kills the nutrition in it.

My CDC told me that we can use hot/warm water but not boiling hot - I asked her today & she said if the water is too hot it kills the nutrition in it.

But that makes no sense when you then nuke it in the microwave?

I suspect it depends what you mean by hot. I remember from those experiments they used to make us do at school that water boils at 100 degrees but that it takes no time at all before it's cooled down to 90 degrees or so. That's hot, not boiling.

Anyway, I digress, cos I read somewhere else the other day that they add additional vits and minerals to the porridge to compensate for those lost during microwave zapping.

My take on it is that if the water isn't bubbling it ain't boiling, it's hot. Maybe Cambridge should start specifying a temperature - make us all buy thermometers. :D

It always makes me cringe when I read that some people think that hot water means hot water from the tap, not the kettle. Yuck!

Legal eagle, are you doing e shakes & a 200kcal meal? What is the deal with no milk - when the woman explained them to me I only really registered the with milk & opted for that straight away so I have 4 shakes & white tea/coffee - I believe there may be a limit to the skimmed milk but I didn't register that either - I am having approx 4/5 big mugs a day but I like mine strong anyway so I don't put that much milk in. Now, I stayed at my moms last night and its the family Sunday dinner today - the urge is getting quite strong today to have some dinner & miss a meal - I was thinking to just having some of her roast gammon with green beans, cauliflower, carrots & cabbage no spuds or gravy. Do you think I can do that for one day? I need advice? Or else I may have to go home & sit by myself today to avoid the Sunday dinner urge........ ;(((((((

I am also posting this in here for my other girlies as it doesn't belong in weigh in.

PS. I was weighed in yesterday & lost 5.1/4lbs. It was ok but I wasn't expecting a massive loss as I realised I'd done that on my own the week prior to starting- if I look at what I lost collectively from when I started my diet w/c 07.01.13 I've lost a stone now.

I don't feel bloated, I've had none of the symptoms others seem to have suffered in their first week - it was ok - just dealing with I can't eat a load of food addition is hardest!!

It's a connection with chewing stuff - gobbling it down & suffering indigestion & being bloated - I have missed that feeling :(

I think weekdays are so much easier than weekends- I'll be glad to get back to work tomorrow for Week 2 to commence!

Honestly, I wouldn't do it. Have your Mum's roast, I mean. This diet isn't about carbs, it's about very low calories. I'm presuming you've told your Mum you're doing Cambridge? Eating just puts out the message that you're not serious about doing this - to yourself and to your family. This week you might be able to avoid the spuds, next week you might be able to persuade yourself that one won't hurt - it's slippery slope stuff.

I know it's hard - we all do! - but you'll feel so proud of yourself for resisting! There will be plenty of opportunities to eat your Mum's roasts when you've done with Cambridge.

PS - well done on that stone lost! :clap: That's brilliant!

Hi guys, well I did ignore the really good & inspiring comments - but I really didn't each much - 5 green beans, a small tablespoon of carrots

Sorry I pressed send to early - yes 5 green beans, small teaspoon of carrots & a heaped spoon of cabbage and 2 slices of roast gammon with no fat on them- it just covered a side plate - my 3 yr old nephew ate more!

I know I shouldn't have but I enjoyed it & just had 1 shake on evening then & I wasted dog for half an hour. My teeth were sore after chewing the meat - like my teeth & gums weren't used to it.

No problems today - had my 4 shakes - tried the mango - really nice.

I have had to buy some Cambridge fibre which was £5 and I've bough the mix a mousse powder @ £4. Fibre worked!

Really struggled with the water today - couldn't be drinking a lot when I was out on the road with work - I have prob only had a litre so going to try & drink another half a 1 in bed coz I do feel dehydrated today, also a little emotional but that's a normal monthly occurrence!!

Glad everyone doing well- some big losses - well done girls!!

I was wondering if any of little group had failed& dropped out??

Rachel hasn't been on for 3 days, hope she's OK after her little blip. She'll be back soon, no doubt.

Think your small meal sounded fine and shouldn't affect your losses.

Back