Bacon Burger with BBQ Relish

Pye266

Tonight for dinner i had a Bacon Burger with BBQ Relish & have to say it was stunning and really filling.Serves: 2
Syns per serving:
Free on Original and Extra Easy
- add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice
4 Syns on Green
- add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using beef as Healthy Extra ‘b’ choices

Ingredients.
5 spring onions
227g/8oz extra lean minced beef
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ small red pepper
1 ripe tomato
½ tsp barbecue seasoning
1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
2 rashers back bacon, all visible fat removed
Green salad leaves
2 x 57g/2oz wholemeal rolls.

Method.
1. Finely slice the spring onions, place in a bowl with the beef, parsley and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 2 burgers about 10cm/4in in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Make the relish; deseed and chop the pepper, chop the tomato, mix with the barbecue seasoning and chives, cover and chill.
3. Place the burgers under a medium/hot grill for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer the salad leaves, bacon, burger and relish in the rolls and serve.:D

Tip for Cheese, Spread 2 Laughing cow extra light Triangles on the wholemeal bap first, I spread one on the top and one on the bottom.

My mouths watering just reading that lol wish I was on a red day. Think I will save this for the weekend and make it for everyone yumm! Thanks for posting.

Back