Bacon Burger with BBQ Relish

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Pye266, 26 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Pye266

Pye266 Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tonight for dinner i had a Bacon Burger with BBQ Relish & have to say it was stunning and really filling.Serves: 2
    Syns per serving:
    Free on Original and Extra Easy
    - add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice
    4 Syns on Green
    - add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using beef as Healthy Extra ‘b’ choices

Ingredients.
    5 spring onions
    227g/8oz extra lean minced beef
    1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    ½ small red pepper
    1 ripe tomato
    ½ tsp barbecue seasoning
    1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
    2 rashers back bacon, all visible fat removed
    Green salad leaves
    2 x 57g/2oz wholemeal rolls.

Method.
    1. Finely slice the spring onions, place in a bowl with the beef, parsley and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 2 burgers about 10cm/4in in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
    2. Make the relish; deseed and chop the pepper, chop the tomato, mix with the barbecue seasoning and chives, cover and chill.
    3. Place the burgers under a medium/hot grill for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer the salad leaves, bacon, burger and relish in the rolls and serve.:D

Tip for Cheese, Spread 2 Laughing cow extra light Triangles on the wholemeal bap first, I spread one on the top and one on the bottom.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wendyuk

Wendyuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.84%)
    Diet:
    SW
    My mouths watering just reading that lol wish I was on a red day. Think I will save this for the weekend and make it for everyone yumm! Thanks for posting.

4. moideux

moideux Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st8lb
    Current Weight:
    21st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Red
    Sounds amazing and perfect for a red day :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.