Bad breath!!!!

Drunk Tinkerbell

Ok, so I'm very conscious of personal smells etc and I'm obsessing about whether my breath smells. When I asked my brother he said it smelled like something had crawled into my mouth and died (say it how it is bro!) My husband also told me my breath wasn't very nice when I purposefully blew into my face.

I don't know what to do. I'm totally unaware of it! I cannot smell it myself, even if I blow in my hands and sniff!!!

Even after brushing my teeth, they've confirmed the smell is still there, just with a bit of mint too!

I read that if it is due to ketosis it would smell fruity, or of bad fruit, but they say its not like that. It's just bad! I then read if you eat a lot of protein it can also cause bad breath so maybe it's that.

Either way, it's putting me off this diet!! I need someone to reassure me it's get better! I'm on my first week but doing OWL more than induction really. I'm not being über über strict on myself...

I'm very in ketosis though... The sticks are dark purple...

I think if your sticks are dark purple then you aren't drinking enough water - how much are you managing to get in? More water will help with smells if you aren't drinking much!

The trick for me for getting rid of any bad breath is brushing my tongue. I actually scrape it with a spoon(!) and it takes off any weird residue that ketosis gives us. Add it to your usual tooth brushing routine before you do the mouthwash part. I think there are actually minty breath sprays that you can buy, but I can't remember which ones are atkin's friendly. Good luck! :)

Back