bad day and didn't turn to food need to vent

iwillbethinagain

Silver Member
Slept dreadfully last night and felt really tearful all day, went to uni, didn't understand a word and felt out of my depth. Came back to a pile of house work and whilst trying to stop new kitten escaping out the back door and get scaredy cat out whilst next doors bully cat was sat outside I noticed the guinea pig was dead :(

Normally would have broken down and panicked and made myself something carb and fat loaded, but didn't have had a coffee and a SnS wafer (yes, I've already had a bar for lunch but heck!) so at least that's something I don't have to worry about. Grrrr. Sorry, just needed to vent.

vent away!

well done you for resisting, an extra wafer is nothing at all in the grand scheme of things :)

Well done on not resorting to food to see you through. My husband was rushed into hospital with heart attack symptoms when I was on sns and I remember driving home from him in a daze. I was planning in my head what sweet, sugary, carborific treats I was going to buy from tesco on the way home but I stopped myself. I think it was a huge turning point for me and I reckon it is for you. Food won't solve out problems, jut worsen them (in my case especially!

Aww chicken, what an awful day, but what a positive to take from it with how you have dealt with it - that's brilliant! I must confess this week to having a couple of "blow outs" - all on plan but a couple of times I've had an extra bar or wafer. I'm sure it won't make a difference overall.

Sorry to hear about your guinea pig, I've never had one myself but have been told they make lovely pets with wonderful personalities so you must be gutted to lose him/her :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your guinea pig we had 2 and just lost our last one a few months back at age 4 and it's heartbreaking so we swore not to replace them.

But you should be so proud of yourself for not reaching for the carbs, I know how you feel as I've had a few bits of bad news myself this week and even family suggested I should stop the diet for a few days but I knew if I stuffed myself with carbs I'd only end up feeling worse than I already did :(.

Well done for staying strong!! x

Back